JDoe

Can't access Non-Ded MP Session

So i have a functioning private server that people can get to just fine, indicating the ports are correctly forwarded.  I wanted to try the full 15x15 map so i started a MP non ded. I can join, but a person in my house with the same ports forwarded cannot see the session. 

This game is so good and so frustrating at the same time. I even disabled the Windows firewall as a test and also launched with no Battleye. We both have the same client version as well. 

Any ideas what might cause this would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, JDoe said:

So i have a functioning private server that people can get to just fine, indicating the ports are correctly forwarded.  I wanted to try the full 15x15 map so i started a MP non ded. I can join, but a person in my house with the same ports forwarded cannot see the session. 

This game is so good and so frustrating at the same time. I even disabled the Windows firewall as a test and also launched with no Battleye. We both have the same client version as well. 

Any ideas what might cause this would be appreciated.

That's because you have the same public IP
Try to join through Steam
In Local (or direct join)

The game will reset the name of the session to their user name if they do not manually change it every time. Try looking in the server list for their in game name. And of course double check that all the filters are correct.