Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Enki Anunnaki

How "i feel" the Devs can save atlas.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Yes, i am copying my comment to a different thread and making my own thread. If anyone else would like to add to this list, please comment.

1. automated ship routes. would add a shit ton of player content with just this one mechanic alone. trading routes. widely available piracy targets. more trade between companies and alliances. better and more convenient shipping. blueprint ships more accessible to the masses.


2(A). An entire re work of freeport grids. there is no reason for 4 cloned free port islands in the same grid. if anything it should be one large island with more shit on it. more detailed in the next points. 

2(B). The player shops may be okay on company island but for the most part they were a joke. what is actually needed is a centralised Auction house on freeport islands, smack dab in the middle of town square, where you can list your items/materials alongside other peoples listed items for easy comparison and competition. 

2(C). a dueling arena on the freeport island where you can go and have one on one or small group land pvp either by duel request or battle queue. would be nice to bet things on a battle or pay an admission fee where the winners get the spoils. (hell id even pay gold to watch that shit)

2(D). Bulletin boards and bounty boards. Would be nice to put tames up for sale, community events, and recruit in the actual game instead of spamming the chat/discord/forums.

3. tradable items that can not be crafted by players and spawn into the atlas only once.  skins... hats... cosmetics... fuckin anything. purely for the sake of creating a "rare" market that will also be a way to hold wealth and show off without actually having to hold gold. (Similar to runescapes rares like party hats, halloween masks, santa hats and etc.)  You did good with the bunny ears, keep em coming. now we just need the automated shipping and auction house to create the economy and streamline the market.

Im really tired of repeating my self tbh... ive been talking about ALL this shit since the first month this game was released. You want a successful MMO where the players will stick around and buy your shitty micro transactions later on devs? id rather this game didnt die, take a fucking hint from what works great in other games, for the love of atlas, please.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. No, because
- First you should be activily doing it, so it makes what ever you move around valueable. Play Anno if you want automated trade routes.
- Also no one will use it, after the auto-ships will get KOS faster than they get sunked in port while anchored, yarr! (which is still a population breaking problem)
- Also SOTD... or do your ships need to be invincible aswell, just because?
I count on the second for making this as worthless an idea as the player shops which noone seaks out for fear of getting killed...
Especially if players come back to the game and servers get back to 20-50 player average - if your lucky the guys that search for your auto-ship are busy sinking each other...

2A. Yes

2B. What should be sold there, which is already not sold anyway? If there would be a need for it there would be a trade actually happening right now.
Trade is not happening, because it is easier to get it yourself. The trade that is happening is between alliance members, don't want to sell my breed bear to the enemy. Also could use the better BP and parts made yourself, as you will loose and replace them frequently anyway.
The best trade thing I saw sofar, was people selling maps at a fraction of their worth. So you can buy the one on your way for extra cash and BP...

2C. Organise it yourself... Build a large wall circle (in lawless maybe) and let people make their own agreements as Gentlemen of Fortune...
The proplem with this is that land PVP is broken and not a player-skills game, but a character-skills and equipment based game. For this to be fair everyone would need the same skills and equipment... Same goes for naval battle arena... Any unequal opponent match is called a raid and is happening daily...
Or are you talking about the PVE servers? Even more reason to get rid of them...

2D. Maybe

3. Oh yes, that is what everyone is waiting for to get back into the game - not...
You know what else everyone is still waiting for? The promised Wipe-Hat... 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Im really tired of repeating my self tbh... ive been talking about ALL this shit since the first month this game was released. You want a successful MMO where the players will stick around and buy your shitty micro transactions later on devs? id rather this game didnt die, take a fucking hint from what works great in other games, for the love of atlas, please.

Good news for you then: You can stop repeating yourself! Because nothing of this will turn around the tide in a significant way.

Also, you need to rename your topic from "How the devs can save Atlas"   to  "What I WANT", because its really nothing beyond that. Theres no real undestanding of an MMO environment, gamedevelopment, marketing, etc, etc. And btw, Atlas isnt an MMO - its just a clustered server array - no matter how the devs try to brand their ..idea.

I suggest some inside reads about gamedevelopment on e.g. Gamasutra before jumping to bold, but unfounded suggestions.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

All sinners and saints have quit, cant beleive your still playing

If i wasn't in an active warring top 5 company, id have probably left as well. Game doesn't have the content or the player base to keep most ppl going nowadays.

 

6 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

1. No, because
- First you should be activily doing it, so it makes what ever you move around valueable. Play Anno if you want automated trade routes.
- Also no one will use it, after the auto-ships will get KOS faster than they get sunked in port while anchored, yarr! (which is still a population breaking problem)
- Also SOTD... or do your ships need to be invincible aswell, just because?
I count on the second for making this as worthless an idea as the player shops which noone seaks out for fear of getting killed...
Especially if players come back to the game and servers get back to 20-50 player average - if your lucky the guys that search for your auto-ship are busy sinking each other...

2A. Yes

2B. What should be sold there, which is already not sold anyway? If there would be a need for it there would be a trade actually happening right now.
Trade is not happening, because it is easier to get it yourself. The trade that is happening is between alliance members, don't want to sell my breed bear to the enemy. Also could use the better BP and parts made yourself, as you will loose and replace them frequently anyway.
The best trade thing I saw sofar, was people selling maps at a fraction of their worth. So you can buy the one on your way for extra cash and BP...

2C. Organise it yourself... Build a large wall circle (in lawless maybe) and let people make their own agreements as Gentlemen of Fortune...
The proplem with this is that land PVP is broken and not a player-skills game, but a character-skills and equipment based game. For this to be fair everyone would need the same skills and equipment... Same goes for naval battle arena... Any unequal opponent match is called a raid and is happening daily...
Or are you talking about the PVE servers? Even more reason to get rid of them...

2D. Maybe

3. Oh yes, that is what everyone is waiting for to get back into the game - not...
You know what else everyone is still waiting for? The promised Wipe-Hat... 🙄

you obviously do not know what you are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Artist said:

Good news for you then: You can stop repeating yourself! Because nothing of this will turn around the tide in a significant way.

Also, you need to rename your topic from "How the devs can save Atlas"   to  "What I WANT", because its really nothing beyond that. Theres no real undestanding of an MMO environment, gamedevelopment, marketing, etc, etc. And btw, Atlas isnt an MMO - its just a clustered server array - no matter how the devs try to brand their ..idea.

I suggest some inside reads about gamedevelopment on e.g. Gamasutra before jumping to bold, but unfounded suggestions.

what keeps most mmo's going is an active and every developing economy. this game fancies its self an mmo yet has no real economy. my suggestions are simply what would kickstart the freeports as an economic player hub which would keep people in the game... aka "saving" it. i do not see where you're getting at because you obviously do not know what massively multiplayer means... clusted server array means nothing in that regard.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

If i wasn't in an active warring top 5 company, id have probably left as well. Game doesn't have the content or the player base to keep most ppl going nowadays.

If it would be about content I have an interesting question: What content had Counterstrike before the age of  CS:GO that helped to retain its playerbase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Artist said:

If it would be about content I have an interesting question: What content had Counterstrike before the age of  CS:GO that helped to retain its playerbase?

are you really trying to compare a fps to sandbox survival mmorpg?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2B. I am on the No-Auction-House Team.
Because I like the idea of player shops. So maybe we can have the advantages of an auction house + the shops?
How about a physical Marketplace on each Freeport where you can open a player shop on a fixed location. You have to rent  this location and the whole marketplace becomes an auction house.

The reason for this is simply because I would like to see trade happening in the world. Not in a menu where you can hit a button to list all offerings sorted by price. A large market creates the immersion of a lot of items.
If I compare this to the auction house in the early World of Warcraft versions where unlimited items would be stored in a vault. I prefer the marketplace with physical limitations. Sometimes less is more. Especially in terms of efficiency. This tension creates fun for some people.

Believe it or not but I played on a minecraft server once and they implemented this market perfectly!
You rent a shop in on a fixed spot (so it looks like a market) And from there you could offer stuff for other stuff. Most people wanted diamonds because they are rare in this game. but most importantly it wasn't a one way shop.
My main complaint about player shops is that you can only sell stuff for gold. You cannot buy stuff and offer gold as shop keeper. I cannot go with an inventory full of wood to a shop and get gold in return. (If it is possible please tell me how)
 

And here comes the catch why a real marketplace is better imo than a menu. It takes effort to compare the price of something. It is a lot of fun to look for good trades and sometimes you can find stuff you can buy in one shop and sell it in another still making profit because the shop keeper was to lazy to look for it. This is good for new players or Solos who cannot afford their own shop. They can go there as a person with resources and leave with some gold. Perfect experience. Not a menu! 🙂

I like your other points. I don't mind auto trade even if it is more efficient. I think the benefits of this you described would be real.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kappinski said:

2B. I am on the No-Auction-House Team.
Because I like the idea of player shops. So maybe we can have the advantages of an auction house + the shops?
How about a physical Marketplace on each Freeport where you can open a player shop on a fixed location. You have to rent  this location and the whole marketplace becomes an auction house.

The reason for this is simply because I would like to see trade happening in the world. Not in a menu where you can hit a button to list all offerings sorted by price. A large market creates the immersion of a lot of items.
If I compare this to the auction house in the early World of Warcraft versions where unlimited items would be stored in a vault. I prefer the marketplace with physical limitations. Sometimes less is more. Especially in terms of efficiency. This tension creates fun for some people.

Believe it or not but I played on a minecraft server once and they implemented this market perfectly!
You rent a shop in on a fixed spot (so it looks like a market) And from there you could offer stuff for other stuff. Most people wanted diamonds because they are rare in this game. but most importantly it wasn't a one way shop.
My main complaint about player shops is that you can only sell stuff for gold. You cannot buy stuff and offer gold as shop keeper. I cannot go with an inventory full of wood to a shop and get gold in return. (If it is possible please tell me how)
 

And here comes the catch why a real marketplace is better imo than a menu. It takes effort to compare the price of something. It is a lot of fun to look for good trades and sometimes you can find stuff you can buy in one shop and sell it in another still making profit because the shop keeper was to lazy to look for it. This is good for new players or Solos who cannot afford their own shop. They can go there as a person with resources and leave with some gold. Perfect experience. Not a menu! 🙂

I like your other points. I don't mind auto trade even if it is more efficient. I think the benefits of this you described would be real.

i could dig it. that exact concept worked great in elder scrolls online.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

are you really trying to compare a fps to sandbox survival mmorpg?

And you really compare a game with clustered small servers with an mmorpg?

But if you cant find a way for comparision between Atlas and CS you shouldnt talk about games in general! 😉

(hint: "content vs. mechanics")

Edited by Artist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Artist said:

And you really compare a game with clustered small servers with an mmorpg?

The difference is that this is an Early Access game and the devs advertised this as an MMO.
Of course we dig into the idea of how we could make atlas more like a real mmo. Because there is still potential that isn't touched yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Artist said:

And you really compare a game with clustered small servers with an mmorpg?

"massively multiplayer online role playing game"... plenty of mmorpgs have clustered small servers... most of which are instanced and reroute their overflow to a replica instance, but still... your point is missing.... wheres it at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enki Anunnaki said:

"massively multiplayer online role playing game"... plenty of mmorpgs have clustered small servers... most of which are instanced and reroute their overflow to a replica instance, but still... your point is missing.... wheres it at?

Not a single MMO is centered around servers that can barely hold 70 players. Or: Name one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Artist said:

Not a single MMO is centered around servers that can barely hold 70 players. Or: Name one!

youre right, Not a single MMO is centered around servers that can barely hold 70 players. atlas servers can hold 200 on a tile (not pretty, but it can). eso servers hold 150 before new players or sent to a different instance aka server. runescape holds 2000 on an entire world server. all have different frameworks and graphics engines. all are considered mmo's because the entire game is multiplayer to a massive scale. again, wheres your point?

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

If i wasn't in an active warring top 5 company

you obviously do not know what you are talking about.

Says the guy from the "top 5 warring company", that wipes anyone else as the last remaining fun in the game, with high end gear and PVP specific character skills...?
And of all people you think the others left because of missing shops and skins...? while you party over the latest company you wipes 'of the map' and the small company ship you sunk in port, just because...?
🤣

Let me guess, you want a better player economy so the small guy can get some higher stuff, before you loot it from him with the no skill cannon bear... 🤔

This game is dying, because most people learn the hard way, that the balancing is not in favor of accumulating stuff and build things that last longer then the time they log off...
And that is because the system is made this way (hopefully no for long) and people like us use it 'as intended' with the unintended consequences...

"Hey, please come back and play again with us! We have no one else to wipe anymore... You get a cute skin for it you can trade for in the freeports! It will be worth it! - for us..."

Also now makes more sense why you want trade ships auto-cruising... because even the "Top 5" companies lost most their people and now they are stuck with their giant empire and not enough Bobs to make the menial labor to sustain it...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) is a big NO. This would be abused in PvP and for griefing like crazy. Might be viable for PvE but would give PvP the last push to eternal death. On what grid you have your base in PvP is a part of the defence. Being within easy range for everyone out of the blue would remove this protection and open the flood-gates for even more griefing.
This would also affect the entire economy and therefore all the points involving trading. Why trade if far away ressources are easy to get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

Says the guy from the "top 5 warring company", that wipes anyone else as the last remaining fun in the game, with high end gear and PVP specific character skills...?
And of all people you think the others left because of missing shops and skins...? while you party over the latest company you wipes 'of the map' and the small company ship you sunk in port, just because...?
🤣

Let me guess, you want a better player economy so the small guy can get some higher stuff, before you loot it from him with the no skill cannon bear... 🤔

This game is dying, because most people learn the hard way, that the balancing is not in favor of accumulating stuff and build things that last longer then the time they log off...
And that is because the system is made this way (hopefully no for long) and people like us use it 'as intended' with the unintended consequences...

"Hey, please come back and play again with us! We have no one else to wipe anymore... You get a cute skin for it you can trade for in the freeports! It will be worth it! - for us..."

Also now makes more sense why you want trade ships auto-cruising... because even the "Top 5" companies lost most their people and now they are stuck with their giant empire and not enough Bobs to make the menial labor to sustain it...

Although it's become obvious that you're just a salty troll, i will respond. we were too busy fucking up and defending against the chinese and our enemy alliances to care much about fucking with the little companies. and honestly... has anyone even been wiped this season (besides solo's of course) with all that bed spam people put on islands? 

Auto trade routes would be good for everyone. not just top 5's. in fact, it would be bad for top 5's because non top 5's would have a better chance of competing against us as it wouldn't be just us with the mythical briggs and gals anymore.

 

 

9 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

1) is a big NO. This would be abused in PvP and for griefing like crazy. Might be viable for PvE but would give PvP the last push to eternal death. On what grid you have your base in PvP is a part of the defence. Being within easy range for everyone out of the blue would remove this protection and open the flood-gates for even more griefing.
This would also affect the entire economy and therefore all the points involving trading. Why trade if far away ressources are easy to get?

not really, attacking a trade vestel would be like declaring war and making your self a target. also there would be so many ships at sea, you couldn't get them all even if you didn't loot them. we have our empire set up where we don't have to sail more than 3 grids away to get the furthest resource... shits not hard to get anyways. i'm just sayin it would help the smaller companies have a chance of building those bp ships and competing on the open seas with the big boys without having to own all those islands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enki Anunnaki said:

not really, attacking a trade vestel would be like declaring war and making your self a target. also there would be so many ships at sea, you couldn't get them all even if you didn't loot them. we have our empire set up where we don't have to sail more than 3 grids away to get the furthest resource... shits not hard to get anyways. i'm just sayin it would help the smaller companies have a chance of building those bp ships and competing on the open seas with the big boys without having to own all those islands.

You're completly ignoring my point. I am not talking about trade-vessels getting attacked. I talk about ppl using that function to go PvP further away than they do now. Nobody here forgot the thread from Willard moaning about how they are forced into quitting the game because they griefed everyone close enough and now there is nobody left close by. And how it is to bothersome to travel more than 3 grids for them to do PvP.

This suggestion would not help any small company, it would make it worse for them. Because they would be out of the sudden in reach for everyone.

Btw what makes you think it is a problem for small company to get ressources and bp's? I see this a lot thrown out here by mega-players. But I don't know a single small company that has an issue with this? I even know small companies of a handfull ppl that progressed faster than some megas in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

You're completly ignoring my point. I am not talking about trade-vessels getting attacked. I talk about ppl using that function to go PvP further away than they do now. Nobody here forgot the thread from Willard moaning about how they are forced into quitting the game because they griefed everyone close enough and now there is nobody left close by. And how it is to bothersome to travel more than 3 grids for them to do PvP.

This suggestion would not help any small company, it would make it worse for them. Because they would be out of the sudden in reach for everyone.

Btw what makes you think it is a problem for small company to get ressources and bp's? I see this a lot thrown out here by mega-players. But I don't know a single small company that has an issue with this? I even know small companies of a handfull ppl that progressed faster than some megas in that regard.

youre acting like we dont have outposts all over the map already... do people not put beds down when they do discoveries anymore? not to mention beds on alliance islands that will outfit us with what ever we need anyways lol..
and ive never seen a small company with a fleet of mythical brigs and gals like we do.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Artist said:

Good news for you then: You can stop repeating yourself! Because nothing of this will turn around the tide in a significant way.

Also, you need to rename your topic from "How the devs can save Atlas"   to  "What I WANT", because its really nothing beyond that.

 

Agree, everything from the OP is just a matter of opinion. Sure a few of the things would be cool but it wouldn't be enough just alone to turn the game around. The other stuff I mean blah to at least me. So as one would say these changes would save the game and another side saying it will not. That is all just opinions no facts what so ever.

Title should be "what I feel would save Atlas"

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crazywildfire said:

 

Agree, everything from the OP is just a matter of opinion. Sure a few of the things would be cool but it wouldn't be enough just alone to turn the game around. The other stuff I mean blah to at least me. So as one would say these changes would save the game and another side saying it will not. That is all just opinions no facts what so ever.

Title should be "what I feel would save Atlas"

fine. i fixed it. for the feels

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enki Anunnaki said:

fine. i fixed it. for the feels

Hahahaha

No problem man was just sayin is all lol you didn't have to change it 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

All sinners and saints have quit, cant beleive your still playing

If everyone has quit, the game is de facto dead. If you honestly believe this, why would you even waste your time posting to its forum?  Can’t believe you would bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sinners and saints is the name of enki old clan he was in before they booted him, which has a population of 0 atm

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×