Sign in to follow this  
Daigari

Question about PVE claim system

Hello dears! Yesterday set the claim flag in the free island half an hour after the beginning of the capture of the island another man sailed in this island and put their flag. Thus on my flag capture stopped. After a while, that man became the master of the island. Why was my capture interrupted, and why was I unable to capture the island?

after 30 minutes before the end of the seizure there was an inscription that the capture contested, and a time of 29 minutes, which did not change. I half an hour was about my flag, nothing has changed, then friends with pvp servers advised me to go and find a foreign flag, I did it. After that, the island was captured by the second applicant.

I don't understand the capture system - in case of contestation, this condition will continue until who some of the contenders will grow old and die?

If competitors are around their flags, time will stop, so if you are in competition, a number of them will be able to win.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, Daigari said:

As I understand it, important numerical superiority near the flag capture?

If two or more of the other crew members are on the flag, one is on the flag, and the other is on the flag of the rival side, you flag time is stop.
So if you think you're competing with two or more crew members, you're quick to give up.
It's hard to occupy it alone.
If you can't see anyone around your flag and your flag time has stopped,may be hiding around it.

So much bad information here. The OP says PVE so I will go over how it works. The claim process takes an hour. You find an island that is claimable. You have the points and the gold available. You drop your claim flag and wait. If you hit H you can see the circle that it is in. You need to stay in that circle while it counts down. The only way that someone else can claim that island before you now is if they contest the flag. They have to drop their own flag within the circle of your flag. Say you have 30 minutes left. Your timer will stop at 30 min, and theirs will stay at an hour. Now it is a standoff. The way you can lose is if they have a second person. A company can only place a single flag at a time, but that does not stop a 3rd company from claiming. So a common tactic is to have a person port to the island that you are contesting. Pick up enough gold to claim said island out of company/ship storage, leave company, form their own, drop a 3rd claim flag somewhere else on the island. You sit there watching the other guy, and his friends counter is timing down. Once they go below 30 minutes they now have you beat. Problem is, if you leave your first flag to run over to the second, the first one starts counting down. You can't win. Island is claimed by 2nd person that came over. He then just merges his temporary company into the original company and done.

The whole "have a person contest flags" is NOT a thing anymore. This was changed after the EU PVE first wipe debut and people were blocking others who were trying to claim islands that had gathered the gold first as a blocking tactic while their crew was out gathering gold. So when NA debuted they had the one flag per company rule in place. They as usual just didn't account for the lengths people are willing to go to fuck the intent of a system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:36 PM, UnknownSystemError said:

The OP says PVE so I will go over how it works.

I was sailing to capture an island, some guy had a flag down already, we sailed away.

I dont get why we have to fight. First come first serve would have been way easyer for PVE.

Now it is a knowlage/number/dickhead game. This characterize PVP for me.