FatalCrazy

What would you like developers to add in the game?

A pinwheel to summon the kraken you want.

Magic.

An attachment for balistas to pick up flotsam. Or draftnets you can attach to side of your ships maybe.

An armor that gives equal hyperthermal insulation that fur gives hypothermal.

An accordion song that does harvesting.

A stable you can put all your tames in like cryofridge in ark to reduce server load and animal maintenance.

A skill in captaineering that adds ship speed and/or sail effective range.

Sunken ship loot shoulf have alot more food and songs (atleast 3x)

Animal tracker similar to arks gps tracker. Ofcourse this can't be electric but maybe a whistle/call device that has distance of the grid would be nice.

Cannons that fire from gunports to not fire in parallel line but all focus on the point you aim at.

For all treasure maps to be located near sea level and obtainable by atleast a crab since they nerfed swivels.

Cargo rack speed debuff to be reduced by 50% to make it a viable option to carry your ships full capacity of racks without being a slow moving suicide boat.

The ability to see atleast whats in player shops via the atlas homepage (not the price just what's in them) to see if it's viable to make the journey and to promote trade. 

In game company recruitment channel or menu like WoW.

The ability for companies to ban players or companies from building and griefing their islands.

For rhinos to gather metal from normal stones and get metal weight reduction (or a new tame that does this)

Freeports to have hides and keratins at rescource vendor for a price.

An option to board your ship from anywhere by use of pinwheel or keybind much the same as tames.

A do not collect berries/herbs option for harvesting tames. (A giraffe in polar will get thousands in on head swing and 100 thatch)

Water caves with loot like sunken ships.

Reduce gorgons stun time significantly.

Have specific rescource gains for less used tames (tiger for hides lion for meat wolf for keratins ect)

The ability for crabs to pick up bears in pve.

Revert the change to crabs ability to jump above 40% weight in pve since it has no relevent affect on gameplay there and was advertised as a weight moving tame in the first place.

The ability to throw water skins at fire elementals to deal huge dmg (this would be funny as hell, cmon guys)

That's all i can think of at this point in time.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, seruum said:

Magic.

An attachment for balistas to pick up flotsam. Or draftnets you can attach to side of your ships maybe.

An armor that gives equal hyperthermal insulation that fur gives hypothermal.

An accordion song that does harvesting.

A stable you can put all your tames in like cryofridge in ark to reduce server load and animal maintenance.

A skill in captaineering that adds ship speed and/or sail effective range.

Sunken ship loot shoulf have alot more food and songs (atleast 3x)

Animal tracker similar to arks gps tracker. Ofcourse this can't be electric but maybe a whistle/call device that has distance of the grid would be nice.

Cannons that fire from gunports to not fire in parallel line but all focus on the point you aim at.

For all treasure maps to be located near sea level and obtainable by atleast a crab since they nerfed swivels.

Cargo rack speed debuff to be reduced by 50% to make it a viable option to carry your ships full capacity of racks without being a slow moving suicide boat.

The ability to see atleast whats in player shops via the atlas homepage (not the price just what's in them) to see if it's viable to make the journey and to promote trade. 

In game company recruitment channel or menu like WoW.

The ability for companies to ban players or companies from building and griefing their islands.

For rhinos to gather metal from normal stones and get metal weight reduction (or a new tame that does this)

Freeports to have hides and keratins at rescource vendor for a price.

An option to board your ship from anywhere by use of pinwheel or keybind much the same as tames.

A do not collect berries/herbs option for harvesting tames. (A giraffe in polar will get thousands in on head swing and 100 thatch)

Water caves with loot like sunken ships.

Reduce gorgons stun time significantly.

Have specific rescource gains for less used tames (tiger for hides lion for meat wolf for keratins ect)

The ability for crabs to pick up bears in pve.

Revert the change to crabs ability to jump above 40% weight in pve since it has no relevent affect on gameplay there and was advertised as a weight moving tame in the first place.

The ability to throw water skins at fire elementals to deal huge dmg (this would be funny as hell, cmon guys)

That's all i can think of at this point in time.

I like almost every bit of this. The one about letting companies ban players from their island is the only thing that I have a reservation about (potentially abusable), but that’s the only thing on a lengthy list. A lot of these are not only great, but creative suggestions that seem like they’d be easy to do.

Edited by boomervoncannon

9 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I like almost every bit of this. The one about letting companies ban players from their island is the only thing that I have a reservation about (potentially abusable), but that’s the only thing on a lengthy list. A lot of these are not only great, but creative suggestions that seem like they’d be easy to do.

Yea i understand the player ban can be abused but on the other hand many island owners have been griefed with spam, myself included. Havinh to spend the best part of an afternoon removing spam on a small island was bad enough i can't fathom what larger island have to go through. The rapid decay system was a godsend though even though it can still be worked around.

Ohh and for subs to be able to grab flotsam since they advertised for them to be able to "salvage"

1. intercontinental ballistic missiles.

2. motorized vehicles 

3. planes

4. tunnels

5. all ark animals

6. tsunamis

7. destructible landscape

8. age based progression and skill system , from primitive to post modern space age shit.

9. bounty hunting(this one is actually serious request)

10. ability to raise the tax beyond the 20 percent

57 minutes ago, seruum said:

Maybe one of these

images (1).jpeg

Tek? Ok, let’s go ark 👍

I think a sub is far more tek like than a civil war era gattling gun.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Tek? Ok, let’s go ark 👍

Hardly tek in comparison to a sub or torpedos. For pvp make them a placement only weapon that can finally out range cannon bears. In pve this weapon if used on a cargo saddle could be a viable option to take to golden age which are islands that by far do not get enough use. Obviously they need to have a low damage and low ammo resource cost. Something that would deter people with tames and kill high level golden age creatures but not high enough to drop a fire elemental or cyclops in seconds either.

• Like 1

its a silly little thing , but more hairstyles...Ark had a load of options for barbers including (and i dont understand why they didnt add it in the first place) the ponytail
i mean honestly , you can probably count the number of people who use the dread's option in double figures , as is I just constantly shave it all off as it looks too much in standard style

• Like 1

Name change tokens for ships/players. Ability to change your characters looks.

Loot added to mythical creatures like hydras kraken and ice boss.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, FatalCrazy said:

I have more than 1200 hours played in ATLAS , my experience is more on PVE servers.

I wish the game had missions in Freeports to players.

It would be very cool to see cities with NPCs that had functions for the players.

I do not know if the final version will look like the trailer, but it's missing something like that for the players.

Yesterday I went with my members to golden age island to face kill Hydra and cyclops. The fighting mechanics of these monsters are perfect, so the reward for the player is very bad. It has no incentive, these monsters are hard to kill and you spend resources that are not worth the effort.

The game has improved a lot since the release, but still needs a lot of changes and we are here to try to make the developers, to hear us, to follow the best way.

What do you think is missing in the game for you?

more danger when out and about exploring islands , farming islands , with all the wildlife nerfs and spawn reductions its a regular snoooze fest doing anything , 

i can still remember the first days of atlas , settled in g4 , i spent a huge amount of time fighting and dying to wolfs , crocs , alpha cobras , etc , it was fun it was dangerous , the constant need to keep an eye out and be prepared to run , especially at the lower lvls when i was still using basic weapons and armours,those days need to come back , but there was a bit to much whining about the spawns so the devs kitty islanded the game ....

• Thanks 1

After the Pirate encampments are in and if they turn out to work real well.

1. New boss/dungeon. A Pirate one with the boss as the Captain.

2. Just more humanoids/Npc in general. Rather they have a function or not. Just makes the world seem more alive.  Stick "Bob the retired" at one of the abandoned pre build shacks in the world. Maybe a random sketchy looking Npc, creeping around the ship wrecks with a  fat loot pouch on his back..  little things like that, even if they do not have an actual function currently.  Maybe in the future, Make it so Bob will exchange goods with you or Creeper guy "will give you a deal on a hat" 1 single hat cosmetic :P donno, just along those lines.. lol

• Like 2

- Fictional  NPC Royal Naval Forces (the real enemy of the pirate)- with the associated merchant marine at sea and on land.(with WPE we're advancing)

- More types of ships and realistic front-triangle sails - which ensure that speed can be generated with little wind,from negative wind angels.

-A sophisticated trading system for all game modes.

-Prevent wild animals from destroying trees(especially elephants)

Almost all of my other points have already been mentioned / except for this one :

To find a way to reclaim the lost players and win new ones - though this is clear anyway.(of course,that's easy to say when you're not in charge)

My and other suggestions do not necessarily have to be considered,as it has already have been done too quickly with some questionable.

With all due respect,dear devs,you did a great job so far,but unfortunately one could almost get the impression that the game is just played by you too little.

Just my little personal view.               ( this isn't my native language)                                                                                                             

Edited by Terra Incocnita
  • Like 1

NPC Royal Naval Forces +

Where as an upstanding member of the RNF+ I would receive notification of an impending attack (Land or Sea) and would be given the ability to transport to said location.  Once there also given the ability to take control of an RNF ship (any position including captain) or land post (Fully geared) to help fend off the dastardly pirates.  Upon victory you receive some sort of cool points or such .... upon defeat you drop your head in shame, if you still have it, and go back to what you were doing prior.

• Like 1

I'd really like to see more ship types. We need Frigates and Ships of the Line. And why not add variety to the merchant ships as well - giving them galleons and fluyts to choose from in adition to the one they already use.

There also needs to be more to do in ports. They need a market where resources and food and be bought and sold. Why not have a slave market, too, for the pvp servers to sell your captured enemy players. There needs to be taverns where players can find quests, buy food and drinks and make merry. There should also be NPC in taverns you can hire and take with you on treasure hunts and what not. You should also be able to give them orders to harvest resources for you and give them command of ships in your navy, then give those ships orders like attacking enemies, hunting whales or sinking the Fleet of the Damned and more. 

Since our character ages, I expect he/she can die of old age. Therefore we should be able to pass on our skills and traits to our children we should be able to have with players or npcs of the opposite sex. Also need to make more of our tames breedable. 

Random raids on established bases by npcs. 

I like @seruums list alot, some points not so much but most are great:

On 7/23/2019 at 3:50 AM, seruum said:

Or draftnets you can attach to side of your ships maybe.

My favorite, it is meant for floatsomes.

On 7/23/2019 at 3:50 AM, seruum said:

A method to determine which version to spawn is badly needed.

My list (not fully assembled)
- Chat system (MMO worthy)

- Reporting (please give cords for everything, reduce multiline spam with same information)

- let us know where company members are at (grid/coords)

- Fix the sail angle for handling sail. This feels so sad!

- timers for owner. Like ship dacay timer, tame claim timer (remember ship bug?)

- Broadcasting Playershops on ATALS map for PVE. Including offerings.

- Default setting for babys: Passive, disble ally looking. It is fine to set the others as prefere, but passive men!

- shift-t for exactly one stack out of the resource box.

- catch all keybinds when typing in chat window!

First of all: fix all the bugs and problems with the game. If this is done, we have to come back here and talk about new stuff.

5 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

First of all: fix all the bugs and problems with the game. If this is done, we have to come back here and talk about new stuff.

I can understand where you're coming from, but since the people who create content and the people who fix bugs have different skill sets that aren't interchangeable, not creating new content doesn't get bugs and glitches fixed faster, so suggesting ideas for things you'd like to see won't slow that process down any more than it already is. I say that as someone currently stuck dealing with the 255 ping problem that makes Atlas look like I'm having a seizure.

Edited by boomervoncannon

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

I can understand where you're coming from, but since the people who create content and the people who fix bugs have different skill sets that aren't interchangeable, not creating new content doesn't get bugs and glitches fixed faster, so suggesting ideas for things you'd like to see won't slow that process down any more than it already is. I say that as someone currently stuck dealing with the 255 ping problem that makes Atlas look like I'm having a seizure.

So then it's maybe a good idea to let these two teams switch to each others work for two weeks. If the programmer-team can see how fucked theyr new shit is and how much work it makes to fix it, they maybe take more care on the new stuff.

Just now, Forb Hidden said:

So then it's maybe a good idea to let these two teams switch to each others work for two weeks. If the programmer-team can see how fucked theyr new shit is and how much work it makes to fix it, they maybe take more care on the new stuff.

Lol, except that this would be akin to having the mechanic switch jobs at the airline for the same reason. It's likely to make things worse instead of better. But yes, if you show someone how much trouble their sloppy work is causing, it might help them do a better job. The problem is you and I can't know whether the work being done is truly sloppy, or (more likely) coding an MMO from the ground work is just highly complex and can't be done without issues. Fewer issues than Atlas is having would be great though. 👍

36 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I can understand where you're coming from, but since the people who create content and the people who fix bugs have different skill sets that aren't interchangeable, not creating new content doesn't get bugs and glitches fixed faster, so suggesting ideas for things you'd like to see won't slow that process down any more than it already is. 

That's not necessarily true.  A coder can also fix a bug in the code.  People who work on art/graphics or other aspects of design can't fix bugs, sure.  But if you coded a bug in, you can fix it.  

1 minute ago, Winter Thorne said:

That's not necessarily true.  A coder can also fix a bug in the code.  People who work on art/graphics or other aspects of design can't fix bugs, sure.  But if you coded a bug in, you can fix it.  

true. I stand corrected.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, Elmo said:

NPC Royal Naval Forces +

All right,understood. I've revised my post and redefined.

Edited by Terra Incocnita

*Bounty System so pirates can actually be, more piratey and stuff....

*Ability to work for the Royal Navy and take contracts, for a faction and reputation system to police the waters of scoundrels!

*More quests and storyline missions. Integrate pirate legends like Davy Jones into these quests!

*Bring more Skelies for a Jason and the Argonauts type clashes on the mainlands and at sea. Not just SotD.

*Change the look of the SotD, something I've never been too fond of personally, the look too weird and don't really look like cursed ships to me but thats just me comparing Sotd with Sea of Thieves cursed ships.

*More ships types and more customizations for ship sails, figureheads and wheels.

*More Mythical Creatures/Monsters on the Ocean and on Land.

*Magic  (but only in a limited form) I think it would add to the fantasy of the game but you need to balance it so its not overpowered or too much so it changes the game.