Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

Non-Dedicated Mode is now available

large.newisland_resize.jpg

Ahoy Pathfinders,

We’re excited to announce that the new game mode, Non-Dedicated Multiplayer, is now available to play with our latest Patch!

The game mode will facilitate the ability to play as a client whilst also hosting the server at the same time. It will allow up to 8 players simultaneously on the server. Similarly to Single player, the host will have access to the entire ATLAS map and will be able to make use of the host settings UI to adjust server settings to your group’s needs, as well as additional enhancements in your .ini files!

Note that this mode uses your singleplayer save / world when you're hosting it. We'll also be working on a system that will allow players to import and export player characters and their inventories between worlds in singleplayer/non-dedicated mode, to bring your progress with you into other players' allowed sessions and back again.

Speaking of things we’re working on, later this month you’ll be able to get your hands on our new single server map: Blackwood, which will be available for Unofficials, Single Player, and Non-Dedicated Servers. Plus, don’t forget our new “Wild Pirates Encampments” system, which you can learn more details here:

So what are you waiting for? Put on your suits and dive right in!

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Like 1

The official populations continue to dwindle as the most significant game changes are geared toward single-player and non-dedicated.... speechless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Goombay said:

The official populations continue to dwindle as the most significant game changes are geared toward single-player and non-dedicated.... speechless.

ya, its a bad joke and noone can tell me this doesn't use a lot of dev resources which are obviously not spent on the MMO part.

• Like 2

Not as much resources as you think - much of this was already figured out in ARK and it was a mystery why they simply did not enable this to begin with since it shares the codebase.  The SP options and ini is copypasta at its finest.   The only thing they needed to update was the player leash code to deal with the vectoring of which grids to open.

You cannot blame the decline of MMO on SP/MP, it is fact the otherway around!  SP/MP only exist because MMO is in decline.   They realize they have to get their steam numbers up one way or the another.    Also they probably already know from adding it in ARK that SP/MP is what XBOX wants to play  - so the fact they beta these features on PC just shows XBOX is around the corner.

Edited by krazmuze
  • Haha 1

Grapeshot has finally resolved the "Offline Griefing" issue where players would run around nightly and sink my ships or constantly blow up my bases. It seems that the issue was that previously there was actually a player base and now that there are only 2-3 players on at any given time no matter the region, the griefing has halted. Thank you Grapeshot 😃

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Constructive Feedback is a tool that is used to build things up, not break things down.
  1. If you can't think of a constructive purpose for giving feedback, don't give it at all.

I commend the development team and management for their perseverance and dedication to getting it done right.
It's a small team, they don't occupy a large warehouse floor and the project is exceptionally complex.  Hats Off

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@DollieBiggest issues with the new nondedicated multiplayer. You cannot go out of view of the host as it ports you back to them. How are you supposed to go out resource hunting if you cannot even go to the other side of an island without being ported back? Never mind going to a different island in same grid or heaven forbid a different grid. Oh and can you separate the map from the single player please? If I want to play single player I want single player. If I want the new small multi player then I want that. What I do not want is having something done on the small multiplayer game that affects my single player game.

Adding to this. If I delete my character in nondedicated multi - I loose my character in single player too

Edited by AntonyVW
corrected spelling
  • Like 1

I try to host an non dedicated server for test purpose, but after i choose server password admin password and session name i receive the error "only number and character are allowed" whats the problem ?  I choose easy pasword for test jim456 or joe 7192, but im unable to start the host session, whats wrong?

removed duplicate post

6 minutes ago, kolonelu said:

I try to host an non dedicated server for test purpose, but after i choose server password admin password and session name i receive the error "only number and character are allowed" whats the problem ?  I choose easy pasword for test jim456 or joe 7192, but im unable to start the host session, whats wrong?

Its not the password but user name that is the problem. Mine was set to av.wright and I had the problem you have. I changed it to avwright and it was ok

Edited by AntonyVW

How do I invite other players while hosting on non-dedicated server?

How do I join another non-dedicated game?

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Elena said:

Is this the end of Official servers?

They have already ended. Check out the players online in any given region on the NAPVP Server....almost always less than 10 players at any given time. There is never any actual PVP action going on, that is pretty dead to me...

Edited by vaylain

Thus signals the latest wave of "I'm taking a break from the game" posts in company discords everywhere. Let us pray the Devs regain some vision for the game and actually put some effort in to win back some players instead of just shooting in the dark for the 10 players they might satisfy from this latest joke of a patch.

heres some ideas if their heads somehow get removed from their ass and they start caring about their current playerbase: 

1. Reduce the swing rate for billy clubs, brass knuckles and shields so they aren't so OP in melee combat that swords and maces or useless against them. 
2. Reduce server cap from 200 to 100 or 120.
3. Add a permanent auction house everyone can use to list and compare their goods in a central location in freeports and perhaps spark an actual economy instead of just the joke called player shops.
4. Make automated shipping routes and npc commands that allow ships to sail and dock/anchor automatically. 

And this is just a start. Pay attention to your community. it's literally dying and the people that vowed to stay thru thick n thin since day one are moving to other games because of your inaction. 

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Thus signals the latest wave of "I'm taking a break from the game" posts in company discords everywhere. Let us pray the Devs regain some vision for the game and actually put some effort in to win back some players instead of just shooting in the dark for the 10 players they might satisfy from this latest joke of a patch.

heres some ideas if their heads somehow get removed from their ass and they start caring about their current playerbase: 

1. Reduce the swing rate for billy clubs, brass knuckles and shields so they aren't so OP in melee combat that swords and maces or useless against them. 
2. Reduce server cap from 200 to 100 or 120.
3. Add a permanent auction house everyone can use to list and compare their goods in a central location in freeports and perhaps spark an actual economy instead of just the joke called player shops.
4. Make automated shipping routes and npc commands that allow ships to sail and dock/anchor automatically. 

And this is just a start. Pay attention to your community. it's literally dying and the people that vowed to stay thru thick n thin since day one are moving to other games because of your inaction. 

Yep. I have posted numerous times with identified glitches, bugs, broken mechanics, and innovated ideas but Grapeshot had other ideas. The sad thing is, the latest mega patch was completely useless and it saddened me profusely to see them waste all of that time and effort on such pointless features.

I know that they are partly listening as some of my suggestions have actually been implemented. The recent change that they listened to me about was to tone down the shark's swim speed and aggro radius. I strongly commend them for this but there is a long way to go to get this game back on track for the PVP community.

Edited by vaylain