Sign in to follow this  
Lostsloth

Cannot damage warriors guarding treasure

I recently returned to the game after a couple months being away not being able to play so if this has changed please advise.

I was adventuring getting to re-learn the game when I came across some treasure maps and I was like sweet. I crafted and stocked up on gear and ammo and set sail for the islands these treasure maps were on. I arrived and spent a few minutes searching for the spots and finally I found them, just like before the soldiers arose from the ground and I waited for them to fully climb out of the ground when I started to shoot arrows into their chests and face. Each arrow I shot stuck into them but no damage was done, so I quickly ran and climbed the nearest ledge just out of reach as I fired arrows rapidly to try and defeat these enemies. About a minute of firing arrows I realized absolutely zero damage was being done. I then made a run for it back to the ship.

Not a bug, unfortunately. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

They patched out the ability to do damage to the armies of the damned with anything but melee and tames about a month ago.

Lots of people were initially upset by this (myself included), but most of them have left the game at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Why is this nonsense?  Why put a bow and skills into the game then, especially they just added a crossbow.  They are basically forcing bear tames on people, because it is stupid to engage a mob with melee - you will get ganked in the back the sides and the front.  

Edited by krazmuze

25 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

Why is this nonsense?

Because there was an exploit using swivel guns to level up ships, so clearly this was the only option.

:classic_wacko:

59 minutes ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

Not a bug, unfortunately. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

They patched out the ability to do damage to the armies of the damned with anything but melee and tames about a month ago.

Lots of people were initially upset by this (myself included), but most of them have left the game at this point.

Thank you, much appreciated.

5 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

That's almost, but not quite true.

v207.996

AoD are now immune to anything except gun (non-puckle), melee damage and tame damage.

You can damage them with guns, but it is still dumb that you can't damage them with bows.

• Thanks 2

I really hope it is possible to turn back in single player / custom servers. I didn't do maps yet, but if I learn I can't bomb them to hell with grenades, shot them with cannon balls, etc with my current settings... it will be extremely upsetting. 

17 hours ago, Draalei said:

That's almost, but not quite true.

v207.996

AoD are now immune to anything except gun (non-puckle), melee damage and tame damage.

I stand corrected. I actually forgot that a few sidearms can harm them. I basically stopped using carbines and flintlocks once they made it melee/tames only, as I only ever used them to pick off archers.

It's not like the crossbow or bow would really be a viable main attack for 15+ zombies, the idea that they included them in the meganerf is beyond comprehension.