TyGeR_STD

Megalodon

With this being mostly a ocean game and sailing game why isnt there a megalodon?  it could follow a path like the ghost ship,  maybe it could randomly spawn in a trench,  could even add a chum system using meat to lure it or something. 

OR, (just thought of this)

Make it one of the large creatures (like hydra and drake) that you have to fight for a power stone. 

Would be perfect for another quest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree, more mythical sea creature to hunt could be very fun.
Though "mass ballista and lure" as we do on whale would take fun away from it. Maybe make the creature immune to it ? Or need special thing, or we can't lure it ?

Dunno, but thooses "mass and lure" aren't very fun 😕 Hydra or whales.
Both has same problem, they do too much damage, so we lure them to not die.
Make them to do less damage, but be more strategic ? Dunno how.. 😕 But this "lure them" make theses fight really sad / no fun

Kraken was realllly good though

• Like 1

They could make it stay underwater and aggressively attack ships and when it attacks it "breaches" the surface and that's the only time it can be attacked. I kinda like the chumming idea too. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mardoqueo said:

They could make it stay underwater and aggressively attack ships and when it attacks it "breaches" the surface and that's the only time it can be attacked. I kinda like the chumming idea too. 

True, so ballista would be too slow while cannons will have the time to damage him

I don't mind the idea of megalodon being a powerstone boss,but not just swimming around and attacking randomly ,there are people starting the game with a raft or a ramshackle sloop,I don't think if a newcomer got blasted out of the water by a giant shark in the first few minutes that he would want to bother playing again.Also if you solo and you've only got one or two ships,having them sunk every time you journey out could be a bit of a knock,in a game where they need to encourage sailing I don't think making the sea totally treacherous is the way to do it.

As Long as he Dont Share spawn with normal Sharks XD but would love some More Variation on Sea Which is Dangerous. Make it biom dependet as we have sperm whales in the polar Region add megalodon to tropical And low desert can keep the squid but let the squid be able to attack ships And grab them or so 

• Like 1

I think having it as a very rare chance-spawn when you have lots of people/npcs in the water is a smart way to go. Have it be like the blue whale, where it runs from you but it's "injured" so it's swim bladder wont let it go down very far or something.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Like 1