Sign in to follow this  
DannyUK

Single player loading mods

I have 4 mods on my list when I load the game but only 1 will load in, does anyone else have this trouble?

When on the Atlas screen on the bottom left corner it shows mods loading but it never loads them all in, is there a way to do this? I've tried taking them off the list and refreshing it but no luck. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? 

I was using total structures mod and used the foundations to build but now when I log in the mod will not load up and things are up in the air with blocks not loading.

Total structures has been updated several times recently. You will need to download latest version. As for only being able to run just the one mod, make sure that they are fully downloaded by steam before starting the game.

• Like 1

It's annoying, but both Ark and Atlas eventually just hang loading mods into the directory.  You need to exit the game and restart it, then it will download more.  You may need to do this a few times.

• Like 1

Also note if you lost structures because TS wasn't fully updated and on your list and then logged out, you likely won't get them back after updating the mod as Atlas would have saved when you exited, without those structures present.  Same would happen in Ark when an update for S+ would come out and I loaded without putting S+ in the list again, but Ark kept multiple saves to roll back to, Atlas does not, you have to manually save a backup(probably because the world saves are a lot larger).  So, especially with structure mods you're using, make sure the mod is updated and on your list before opening the game, they may only be in the lower list of downloaded mods after an update, but you have to add them to the top list before loading single player.

It's because of this I haven't gotten fully on board using TS, I have tested it out but my base and ships are with vanilla structures, I don't want to lose stuff because the modder stops updating in the future or I forget to check.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys but how do I know if they need updating? Usually they just auto download themselves in Steam but i've had no updates for them recently, does that mean they are upto date?

I used some thatch foundations last night, the total structure ones on the smithy, they were there last night but logged in today and they are not there, my smithy that was placed on them is now hanging in the air because they have vanished. I did not get any updates for it though, i've logged out and in again a few times so not sure what is wrong.

I've just been placing normal foundations, don't want to risk putting more down and they vanish again. I asked on total structures Discord but seem to get no answers there.

I don't think I will use total structures anymore if this is going to happen alot, you could have a base today and gone tomorrow.

2 things I can suggest. If the mod hasn't loaded completely, instead of going to game, log out again and then log back in and see if mod continues to load. This should prevent any loss of structures. Second. If I'm not sure update has been done at steam, I unsubscribe and then resubscribe to it. That automatically gets steam to redownload mod.