Dosgimp

ETA - On the ability to rename Ship?

Beloved Dev's -   Any ETA on the fix to be able to rename ships,  just as easy as we can with Tames?

Thank you

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Dosgimp said:

Beloved Dev's -   Any ETA on the fix to be able to rename ships,  just as easy as we can with Tames?

Thank you

Wasn't it intended ?
So we can recover stolen ship ?

2 minutes ago, globytheoldpirate said:

Wasn't it intended ?

Play nice.   I would really like to see this fixed.  Ive got boats need naming..  sick of schooner, schooner, brig, brig,brig,gally. etc.   when I rather name the boat its purpose...

And yes I know,  I should of did it when i released it.  But hey who's perfect?

49 minutes ago, Dosgimp said:

Play nice.   I would really like to see this fixed.  Ive got boats need naming..  sick of schooner, schooner, brig, brig,brig,gally. etc.   when I rather name the boat its purpose...

And yes I know,  I should of did it when i released it.  But hey who's perfect?

They need to put a delay on releasing ships like there is on almost everything else.  The fact you can release a ship with an accidental click makes no sense.  (And yeah, I've done it a few times).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

They need to put a delay on releasing ships like there is on almost everything else.  The fact you can release a ship with an accidental click makes no sense.  (And yeah, I've done it a few times).

Hence the reason of asking about the fix.    Lol.   you caught me red handed!!!

We have been able to rename our ships just fine since a while now. The option is in the radial menu.

5 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

We have been able to rename our ships just fine since a while now. The option is in the radial menu.

Shhhhhh. You’re suppposed to make him pay for that info.

lets say you release a ship

if you click OK with no name in it you can NOT rename it

if you click CANCEL with no name in it you can rename it

i got two where i clicked ok but f it.

mine wich i can not rename are now called Brigantine and on the heck of the ship there is nothing written, an empty plate.

renaming ship with CD would be great but idk if it should be if you already gave it a real name. maybe one time change for typing errors.

Edited by photek
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, photek said:

lets say you release a ship

if you click OK with no name in it you can NOT rename it

if you click CANCEL with no name in it you can rename it

i got two where i clicked ok but f it.

mine wich i can not rename are now called Brigantine and on the heck of the ship there is nothing written, an empty plate.

renaming ship with CD would be great but idk if it should be if you already gave it a real name. maybe one time change for typing errors.

Thanks for offering this insight. A small difference with big consequences. 

9 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Doesn't work for me.   The menu comes up,  acts like you can change the name, by entering in a new name,   However after pushing Accept the name doesn't change. 

It was by design that players weren't able to rename ships, as we had some intentions surrounding keeping a log for each boat on board, in order to follow it's 'voyage'. Whilst the renaming-prevention implementation may need some work (as highlighted above), there is an argument that it be scrapped until that entire system is in place. So whilst there isn't an ETA right now, it may be something that you see changed in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

It was by design that players weren't able to rename ships, as we had some intentions surrounding keeping a log for each boat on board, in order to follow it's 'voyage'. Whilst the renaming-prevention implementation may need some work (as highlighted above), there is an argument that it be scrapped until that entire system is in place. So whilst there isn't an ETA right now, it may be something that you see changed in the future. 

Good info. Thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

Thank you for the clarification as well.      Adding an Alias tag/column in the dba?