Sign in to follow this  
goldcoat

steam single player crash

ive been waiting for the singleplayer but steam said something like itll be released a little later but ive been waiting for like 3 weeks for it and it has 2 error screens and crash now it used to woork but now errors and steam hasn't updated for it yet could you get it or them to have it working soon?

Think this might be referring to the crash some other people are having (including me) where you try and load up your singleplayer game, and it black screens and crashes you back to the desktop when trying to load Ocean (which im guessing is the map).

There is no fix for this the devs have to do this in an update. Deleting your singleplayer save will work for awhile, but this crash will happen again, confirmed by someone on this forum in the bug report section. Also reinstalling won't fix this issue either. So singleplayer is broken right now several people.

Edited by vackillers

Does anyone know how to turn fog of war off in the settings of single player? I can't seem to find it there.

I started the game with it on, uncovered some of the map but logging in just now has covered the whole map again so have to start all over uncovering it. I'd rather just turn the whole thing off. Seems bugs are beginning to emerge even in single player.

19 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Does anyone know how to turn fog of war off in the settings of single player? I can't seem to find it there.

I started the game with it on, uncovered some of the map but logging in just now has covered the whole map again so have to start all over uncovering it. I'd rather just turn the whole thing off. Seems bugs are beginning to emerge even in single player.

Please disregard this I found out how to do it.

If anyone is interested in getting rid of the FOW then type in givefow in the console window

Edited by DannyUK

On 7/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, vackillers said:

Think this might be referring to the crash some other people are having (including me) where you try and load up your singleplayer game, and it black screens and crashes you back to the desktop when trying to load Ocean (which im guessing is the map).

There is no fix for this the devs have to do this in an update. Deleting your singleplayer save will work for awhile, but this crash will happen again, confirmed by someone on this forum in the bug report section. Also reinstalling won't fix this issue either. So singleplayer is broken right now several people.

Does anyone know if theres a way to fix this issue now? i mean its 2021 i would hope so

Same problem here, tried to

- update graphic driver

- verified game files

- reinstalled game

no effect game still crashes...

Yes I have done all this too and I remember having this same issue last year which is why I gave up playing completely. I would never have reinstalled this game again if I remembered that this would happen. Just drives you nuts especially after doing 40 hours in and then been blocked once again. If I find a fix I will post here. good luck 🙂

Thanks 😀,

yes somehow the savegames are corupted. After deleting them it works again. But after to many hours I refuse to start at zero.  In a steam chat they talked about reinstalling steam to make it work, but its to late for me today to try that. If you have not found it here is the link:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/4904953131465333725/

Hope it helps

12 hours ago, Ango said:

Thanks 😀,

yes somehow the savegames are corupted. After deleting them it works again. But after to many hours I refuse to start at zero.  In a steam chat they talked about reinstalling steam to make it work, but its to late for me today to try that. If you have not found it here is the link:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/4904953131465333725/

Hope it helps

lol we both are on the same page I deleted my game and it let me restart so yes I figured that is was the game files. Now if we can find a way to fix this or find a way to prevent this again that would be awesome as I decided I am not putting in huge hours just to lose it all again. Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for that link it helps massively I think from now on I may have to back up my game at the end of everyday just to be safe lol a pest but best be safe than sorry 🙂

SP crashing to desk top..... sigh... will wait for update I guess

Can confirm, lost all save data as well. Game crashes without fail when going to main menu from a single player save.

It would be nice if someone could confirm that the devs actually read posts like this. Or the bug reports for  that matter.

This seems like an urgent issue.

Edited by CompactDisc

2 hours ago, CompactDisc said:

Can confirm, lost all save data as well. Game crashes without fail when going to main menu from a single player save.

It would be nice if someone could confirm that the devs actually read posts like this. Or the bug reports for  that matter.

This seems like an urgent issue.

Yes an answer from the devs would be helpful. maybe we need a singlepayer discord channel...

2 hours ago, Ango said:

Yes an answer from the devs would be helpful. maybe we need a singlepayer discord channel...

I don't think they read this to be honest.  I have quit atlas and completely uninstalled. I had to start a new game and I have grinded out another 8 hours before this happens again. so I have decided to stop before I kill my pc lol 

2 hours ago, Ango said:

Edited by Zeda1988

This is happening to me and two of my buddy’s on the Xbox platform. We put the time in, it glitches and the ONLY way to restart the game without it crashing is to delete saved data. Any advice from the developers would be nice 

2 hours ago, Ango said:

For the above seasick sailors wondering if the devs ever read this, I can almost 100% confirm that is a no. I have said some arguable ILLEGAL things in here to just get a response. Nothing. I even told them how upset I was at Atlas that I went ahead and pirated the entire ARK collection just to get even and encouraged others to do the same. Haven't even been banned from the forum for that one.

As for singleplayer, when I played it quite a bit about a year ago, it was in better condition than it is today. I tried a few days ago. CTD while trying to switch grids. Lost my ship, crew, items. Anytime I try to switch grids from the one I'm currently at right now, same crash.

Singleplayer is utterly unplayable at this point. I suggest you don't even try, or you WILL run into a game breaking bug and lose all progress.

My only current workaround right now is playing solo on a dedicated server. Don't pay money for a private hosting service. Search around on PlayAtlas for Phoenix or there is a few others who have created a system to host your own server. It's a lot of work, to be sure, and it's not the same experience as singleplayer. But so far, I haven't encountered any game-ending bugs. When it does crash, and it will, it doesn't seem to corrupt files. That being said, I make sure I have multiple backups just in case.

Hope this helps, lads!

And if anyone can figure out how to ENABLE the Fog of War in a dedicated server, please tell me! Ever since the early February 2021 update, FoW is auto-disabled and I absolutely hate it.

It's the saving of the file itself that breaks things btw, not the crashes on quitting the game or to main menu.
Saving through a console command also corrupts the save.

• Thanks 1

Welp, literally started over and as soon as I killed a SOD, saved and left the game, tried to come back in, it started crashing to desktop again without loading. There is no workaround, unless you count not sinking ships as a workaround. The game is unplayable in Single Player. Pity they cannot get their shit together. 

Edited by PoE

imagine loosing 400+ hours from

singleplayer , i had just done kraken, and all essens, was gonna go do kraken 2 next, when i log in my full mythical brig is having no planks,my galleon dissapered,no sotds would spawn any more,no treasure maps spawned any more. And that was it for me. i cant even explain how upset i was

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, hartsia said:

imagine loosing 400+ hours from

singleplayer , i had just done kraken, and all essens, was gonna go do kraken 2 next, when i log in my full mythical brig is having no planks,my galleon dissapered,no sotds would spawn any more,no treasure maps spawned any more. And that was it for me. i cant even explain how upset i was

I can only imagine the pain. I still have a few old backups so only lost a day's worth of progress and I was already pretty pissed.

Saw in the recent Q and A that patches are being tested in Single Player and will continue into the future patches. What does that mean exactly? When will we get SP back? Can't give you feedback on something I cannot even load. WTF Wipe wipe wipe on officials, so run to Blackwood with no fish or life in the ocean, no thanks. Finally use Single Player WITH lovely mods to finally get somewhere and now you make it unable to load at all? You want feedback? Here is some and hope you take it seriously: If you want people to play your game and put up with you changing the rules all the time, endless wipes and crappy side hustles, then you should make single player untouched so we have something to do while you diddle with the game.  Otherwise you will finish your vision and no one will give it a sideways glance because you have blown all trust that playing your game is not a waste of time. What about players with series? Promoting your game and you don't even care about your reputation. Don't be a Zinga. They had it all and blew it because their vision was more important than their customers, who loved it for a reason. Look it up. 

Edited by PoE

Hi all, okay i'm currently playing singleplayer, and here's a workaround i use that sems to work.  when saving your game via the command: cheat saveworld  , get AWAY from your base. i use fly command and get to a distance from any structure. then i save. when i come back in it's fine but it will crash when  i start up in my base. also shipyards will disappear....ANY mod or vanilla. if ships are built they should be fine if pulled out and parked. thats working for me so far. also id recommend a teleport command  at the ready in case you need a fast exit lol. i hope this helps! oh, sorry this is for pc. didnt realize it was xbox 1 forum.

Edited by MLC DARK HELMET