Tiberius_theron

What is non-dedicated multiplayer mode?

Yep for people with decent pc's or maybe home servers to make their own mp 8 player game on, for themselves to play on with just their mates.

Its like singleplayer mode, but your coop friends can join your game.  Most likely they will be leashed onto one grid or two.  No need to run a server just need to have your game running.

How do I play non-dedicated multiplayer? is ready ? Can someone help me ? I did not understand how I can get my friend into the room I am.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:55 PM, krazmuze said:

Its like singleplayer mode, but your coop friends can join your game.  Most likely they will be leashed onto one grid or two.  No need to run a server just need to have your game running.

It will probably be the whole map, but friends won't be able to be too far from host, as on Ark

On 7/15/2019 at 9:04 PM, Tiberius_theron said:

So it's not server hosting then

Server hosting already exist though

It will be the entire map, there will be a tether range (limitation for playing as a server and a client at the same time), and you do have to stay on the same grid as one another; only the host will be able to initiate a transfer as the host is the server, so they control which grid is active or not.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

It will be the entire map, there will be a tether range (limitation for playing as a server and a client at the same time), and you do have to stay on the same grid as one another; only the host will be able to initiate a transfer as the host is the server, so they control which grid is active or not.

If there is 3 peoples on different boat, and host change grid, do their boat will be transfered aswell ?

25 minutes ago, globytheoldpirate said:

If there is 3 peoples on different boat, and host change grid, do their boat will be transfered aswell ?

We working on this too, it's currently being tested by our team so hopefully, it'll be good to go with the release of the game mode. Though you'll want to sail in tandem with the host in order to make sure you're not pulled off your boat for exceeding the tether range. It's recommended that you slow down once you get towards a transition wall, so that everyone can be together rather than sailing off into the distance. 

• Like 1

So how does this work for saves? Are the saves and character saves local, in case you want to reload your PC image or backup for DR?

18 minutes ago, JDoe said:

So how does this work for saves? Are the saves and character saves local, in case you want to reload your PC image or backup for DR?

Saved locally in the SavedAtlasLocal folder. It's the same as the SP save.

will we be able to adjust the tether range? for example when using a lan connection and a powerful rig.

in ark we had to stay really close to the host, will it go farther in atlas so we can be on different sides of one island or different island within one grid?

• Like 1

Im also very interested in this.   How far away is the tethering distance?  and can we change it in settings?   

24 minutes ago, XxMayhemxX said:

Im also very interested in this.   How far away is the tethering distance?  and can we change it in settings?   

There is all info you need there 🙂

• Thanks 1