Sign in to follow this  
travis843

About the new raze option

This option will be what pushes everyone away. Devs constantly backpedal and this will cause players to leave for good. While the npc settlements is a step in the right direction, the new raze system is a step back, making the game seem more like a cash grab. Pve is severely depleted as i see owners of islands quitting and still so many islands that are left unclaimed. At most the raze system should be for unconnected structures to destroy foundation and pillar spam. But this must be too hard for the devs to do. So lets just drive 80% of the players away so the 20% who have islands can have a clean island again. Really wtf devs. The bad reviews alone are killing your hope of new players and they will only grow as positive reviews are being changed.

Welcome to the club where PvE players despise this new PvP mechanic.

You mentioned about Steam reviews, well this makes me laugh. In the recent Captain's log they said:

Before we begin, we’d like to give each and every one of you a huge thanks for the support you’ve shown ATLAS. Over the course of ATLAS’ development, our recent review scores on Steam have jumped considerably. We just wanted to express our thanks and show our gratitude for your support.

Then they pretty much ended it with...... "to show our gratitude for your support we are giving PvE players nukes to wipe out islands. 👍

• Like 1

The reviews went up bc a fresh batch got into this game not knowing what they were in for. But guaranteed those reviews will go down as time progresses. Npc raidable islands a move in the right direction. Island razing when we were assured we would be safe, wrong direction as in like stepping backwards. Now i commend for fixing bugs that were here prewipe. And as far and npc islands, just add the islands and put the npc settlements there and use the recent added islands that arent owned, i hope they get the same idea. With some more ship types and hull skins this game could be improved so much to give us more variety. Thank god im on an island whose owners havent used the raze system but if they do, guaranteed ill be here to raise some hell lol. Lost so much in the wipe and i have even more now. But it seems devs hate it when they are doing good lol.