sTv

All company anchored ships gone

After about ten days vacation, I signed up and found that all the ships anchored at our island (we own the island PVE J13) were gone. The crew was fed and paid.  I also found no shipwrecks. We lost about four galleons, three brigantines and ten schooners.

Does anyone know what could  cause this? 

20190714183537_1_optimized.jpg

20190714190205_1_optimized.jpg

On some of them i actually stepped 10 days ago but they all lost in one moment. 

What is strange to me is that after the sunken ships, the wrecks on the map remain visible even for several months. 
there were no wrecks here, as if somebody immediately looted them.

Edited by sTv

same here,lost 2 of my 4 ships and I know I re-anchored them  within what I at the time thought was the right time period,ie  less than 2 weeks.It's happened to a lot of players.

Damn that is horrible, i can imagine how you feel.

Its things like this that have driven people away, its 1 thing after another with this game.

Maybe submit a ticket? I know its unlikely they will respond or do anything but worth try.

We lost one ship to a but too.

In your case i guess it is normal decay. U are the only company member beeing on for the last 3 weeks.

Also, most likely your island did not get rendered in the 10 days u were away. So u rendered, the server catches up, kills the ships at some point, and let the 2 days wrackage phase pass, and clears up the wrackage all together. The crew stays because  animals seems not to be calculated (for stasis periodes) when wake up from stasis. The reporting is wrong in that case, it should report when the ship acturally died.

I highy assume u did not refresh the ships to avoid the decay.

Just out of curiosity, how long is the decay timer for anchored ships on island we own?

Edited by sTv

There is the general assumption it is 21 days for ships anchored in your territory, but there are plenty of recent -let's call them bug- reports that the ships went poof sooner.

The number of days of *unuse* reported before this form of ship removql occurs is also not allways the same, so I would assume there is more than one bug at play with the decay system.

• Thanks 1

So far, the developers have been adamantly against telling us any details about the system.  No timelines or conditions for resetting have been explicitly stated.

We just lost a sgip that was piloted less than 2 days ago. It had plenty of rss and crew to repair with gold and food. All log says is that ship was removed from company.

For us it was:
Day 2591, 18:33:13: Your Pink Fluff Unicorn (Galleon) was destroyed at E11 - Lawless Region [Long: -40.35 / Lat: -42.79]!

Day 2591, 18:33:20: Bed -372079532 was removed from the Company!

Day 2591, 18:33:20: Bed -1736590113 was removed from the Company!

Day 2591, 18:33:20: Bed -1043833901 was removed from the Company!

It had kinda bugged hangars for the sub before. Also the hangars could not be demolished in sunken state.

@Dollie @JakeM

8 hours ago, KillaZ28 said:

u have to move ur ship once each 10 days otherwise it well be deleted

I don't think it has anything to do with moving your ships. I had thought you have to lift anchor and move it in order to reset the timer but it doesn't seem this way.

I have 2 ships on PvE outside my base, they have been there for over 4 weeks, I know for certain they haven't moved at all. There company structure expired and vanished yet the ships remain. Someone is obviously still spawning on the beds and this must be enough to reset the timer.

You definitely don't have to move your ships unless it's bugged in some way.

Just went looking for this kind of issue had the same thing happen 6 brigs and a number of sloops gone along with 2 subs and a ton of resources on each ship, no time or reason we have one ship without crew on another Island and have not set foot on it in weeks that's still there but all of the missing ships were in home port but we have not set foot on them with the new berry/flag feeding option seems very poor not to have an explanation of what's going on from the Devs

after returing from holiday within 15 days, I found my buidings, lighthouse, animals and a schooner gone. only one brig, and a resourcebox standing on bare gound and a wooden sign was still there.

If this is normal, I understand people stop playing. I started a SP.

😞

1 hour ago, Koenemeloen said:

after returing from holiday within 15 days, I found my buidings, lighthouse, animals and a schooner gone. only one brig, and a resourcebox standing on bare gound and a wooden sign was still there.

If this is normal, I understand people stop playing. I started a SP.

😞

Building decay timer is 10 days, not 14/15.  

yeah, oke, it was vannished, not demolest. I expected to be demolishble after 10 day. with a nice request not te demolish due holiday i could spare my hometown.

Now it's gone without any interaction of a player

42 minutes ago, Koenemeloen said:

yeah, oke, it was vannished, not demolest. I expected to be demolishble after 10 day. with a nice request not te demolish due holiday i could spare my hometown.

Now it's gone without any interaction of a player

Yeah a few patches back:

v207.981

- Enabled auto-destruction for decayed structures on Official Servers.

They enabled auto-decay. After 10 days has expired it will auto decay after next server restart.

They also turned it off again prity sharpish and then turned it back on, if I was a betting man the auto decay was "meant" to just get rid of the piller\foundation spam not ships and base structures, but rather than hold up a hand and say we stuffed up sorry about that, it's been brushed under the carpet so to speak

We just lost a bunch of ships too, been rendering in our base about once a week to avoid decay, since everyone is taking a break. I absolutely hate decay in this game. If only you would get a few days warning via company log, you could just have it show up in your discord and at least decide whether or not you want to take action. Also, the "rules" of this system is not explained in-game, and finding out about AFTER you loose your stuff should not be necessary, whatever the circumstances.

There is literally no way of figuring it out without losing anything either, as you can't exactly "see" in-game whether something is about to decay, as the timer is reset in any instance where a timer is actually present.

And I know for a fact that it is a recent change causing this, as we have had a backup schooner sitting in our home port for over a month, without anyone visiting it, and without crew on board. In fact, I even checked it a few weeks ago when we "mysteriously" lost a very new ship, which we used for whaling. None of our backup ships had taken any decay damage while sitting idle and without crew.

We actually believed it was enough to just be present in the grid for structures to reset as well, but again, we had to learn the "hard" way that this is not the case, as you have to actually render it in (when having multiple bases in the same grid).

Now we have 2 ships left, a galleon and a ship designed for taking out SOTD and similar.

This BS makes it pretty worthless to invest any major time in this game, as you cannot take even a short break from it. I get that these systems are in place to combat people who completely left the server, or placed temporary structures etc. But this is just affecting the wrong people. And it is not like you can go and say: "hey, can you like, give me back my ships which we spent hours on, to both gather resources, design, build, paint, and sail with?".

We were finally getting to the point where we had a solid baseline of ships, where we could start considering investing into blueprint parts, but now we don't have any ships that we can sail in the 100 different directions needed to get all the various resource variants for said blueprints, it would just take waaaaay to long time...

So... yea... just give us a company log warning for starters, it would help immensely...

companylog.PNG

Decay is working as intended, just don't ask us how it works.  (we would tell you if we knew)   -Grapeshot Dev Team