Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Anyone know if Ranks can be applied to Flags or Banks in Companies?

Yes, for both! Which leads to a case where every stranger can look whats stored in the flag/bank, but company members cant depending on the settings.

13 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Yes, for both! Which leads to a case where every stranger can look whats stored in the flag/bank, but company members cant depending on the settings.

Can't look or can't access? Surely ranks can be edited to allow looking without accessing?

Reason I ask is our company is set by default, no ranks.  Only admins can break stuff on ships, but noone can break each others placed items on land. So if a player quits the company say 3 months go by.. still can't get rid of their stuff..

There also seems to be an issue of trust, with company members stealing gold from the flag, so the leaders wall off the flag/bank/silo etc with an admin'd only door to allow only specific people access.  It seems a long winded way to do something the ranking system is supposed to do.. I haven't really looked at the rank system since i joined my na pve company tho.

Any company admin -at any time- can change those rules, permanently or temporarily. So as long as your company has an active admin, you (generic, that admin specifically) can clean up the stuff of the player that hasn't played the last 3 months.
As for your trust example. The ranking system in its simplest form has admins and non admins = two ranks. It allows you to divide it further and make a hierarchy, but it is not a very extensive system. So even with the rank of 'officer' and 'mate' in the tree, the trust issue and its solution remain basically the same.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

This is only part true, only if admins are setup to allow changes.. can they make changes.  The owner of this company doesn't trust anyone.. not even us.

Only thing I can do is break stuff on ships.  Can't even break stuff on land.

Edited by Martyn

Weren't you just in another thread bragging about how your company was the perfect solution to all problems?

Edited by Archsenex
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Archsenex said:

Weren't you just in another thread bragging about how your company was the perfect solution to all problems?

It is.  But perfect is never quite perfect now is it? Always room for improvement tho.

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

It is.  But perfect is never quite perfect now is it? Always room for improvement tho.

So you're saying you were in fact wrong in your other statement, because this thread represents at least one problem for which your company is not the perfect solution.