Sign in to follow this  
JayCee

Please let animals turn in place

Please let animals turn in place, without having to move forwards. It would make moving them around in tight spaces, or on ships much easier.

Imagine if ships could only turn when moving forward. They would be so frustrating to use as to be almost unusable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1. Welcome to the forums. Take off your coat and stay awhile.

2. Great suggestion for a first post. I second this. Animals being able to turn in place would help a lot.  Not letting them do it is kind of saying they're all dumber that Derek Zoolander ("I'm not an ambi turner") and we all know elephants are smarter than that.

• Like 2

If this does take place. that would be amazing!!   In the mean, i have noticed not holding Shift, help with alot of things,   getting rubber banded on a stair,  or when jumping off the boat..   In tight places,  Not using shift has helped alot.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah, this seems like a pretty absurd oversight. It's also why many of my tames have died in the past, they couldn't figure out how to turn around when they were attacked from behind so they just sat there and died like brain dead lumps of clay. And if you ever wondered why that giraffe you're trying to tame took off running in a big loop to come back and attack you, well, this is why. Apparently all the animals in this game were taught how to turn by Greyhound buses. 

19 hours ago, Dosgimp said:

If this does take place. that would be amazing!!   In the mean, i have noticed not holding Shift, help with alot of things,   getting rubber banded on a stair,  or when jumping off the boat..   In tight places,  Not using shift has helped alot.  

Thanks for the tip!

It does kinda work with elephants.. you can use the left/right direction keys to turn a tight circle, instead of walking (forwards + left/right) around in a circle.. kinda also works with rhinos and even giraffes if you move 1-2 steps at a time. But everything else does a 39 pt turn.

It's probably a bug that you can do this tho.

Edited by Martyn
  • Haha 1

Turn around without moving, turn right and left while backing, turn around while swimming, make bigger animals push smaller animals away (elephant getting stuck in a sheep is beyond stupid) and for love of everything unholy MAKE BEARS ABLE TO CLIMB AT LEAST SOME DEGREE OF INCLINATION!! Haven't you ever seen a bear at least in a zoo IRL? Those suckers can even climb to trees.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 2:18 PM, Martyn said:

It does kinda work with elephants.. you can use the left/right direction keys to turn a tight circle, instead of walking (forwards + left/right) around in a circle.. kinda also works with rhinos and even giraffes if you move 1-2 steps at a time. But everything else does a 39 pt turn.

It's probably a bug that you can do this tho.

Shhh! Not bug! Feature!

feature feature feature

*nod nod*