lewy

Decay timer up on Foundations in Lawless - Still can't destroy?

Even with the notification that you can destroy foundations in Lawless, still cannot?  If it's abandoned long enough for the timer to go down, we should be able to clear it out no matter what is built on it.

• Like 1

Anything that goes over the timer is automatically removed. If you happen to be there right when it goes into demolish you can do it yourself, but if you run out of render range and come back, it will be gone. Had a single foundation with a loom on it sitting in the middle of the woods in lawless. 10 day timer hit for the foundation. Loom still had 30 days, blinked and it was gone.

8 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Anything that goes over the timer is automatically removed. If you happen to be there right when it goes into demolish you can do it yourself, but if you run out of render range and come back, it will be gone. Had a single foundation with a loom on it sitting in the middle of the woods in lawless. 10 day timer hit for the foundation. Loom still had 30 days, blinked and it was gone.

Except for the fact the OP said they cannot destroy it.

2 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Have logged in and out several times the last two days, foundations are sill up with decay timer expired.  Went to a different island and back, still there.  Clicked it and manually attempted to destroy, nothing happens.     So yea, another broken mechanic

On 7/13/2019 at 9:22 PM, lewy said:

Have logged in and out several times the last two days, foundations are sill up with decay timer expired.  Went to a different island and back, still there.  Clicked it and manually attempted to destroy, nothing happens.     So yea, another broken mechanic

@Jatheish, people in forum what to know. USE this channel too please!

@lewy, in short "they fucked up the client", it is not decayed on the server, enjoy several more days with it.

I have encountered this problem both on settlements and on lawless in the last few days. That something says Demolish Allowed but I cant demo it. Relogging or going out of render distance and back did not help. In our settlement there is one thing that has been labelled Demolish Allowed for  quite some time now.

I reported it as a bug, I hope they notice it....  It would be nice to be able to keep cleaning up abandoned stuff and sometimes get a little reward for it in the form of some resources found in some abandoned box.. 🙂

@Jatheish

Confirm, i found foundations with one bed, bed have 6 days decay timer and foundations say demolish, or something like this, but i was unable to demolish the foundation

I also see this on an island I own. I have honestly lost track of how and where these cleanup rules are supposed to apply, but I appear to be able to do everything to a "demolish allowed" thatch floor including using the radial menu to destroy, but at the end it just stays there. I have several construction projects on our island at a standstill because of these ancient beds just sticking around.