Darkweaver

Devs; why do you keep rolling over the small company & solo player?

1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

If the company is long dead, then all their structures will magically poof after 10 days.

This feature literally can ONLY hit active companies.  And since in PVE the only time you lose an island is going inactive, it's only intended to punish the previous tenants and settlers

Why should I have to wait 10 days? I'm paying the rent from day 1..

8 minutes ago, Nari said:

Explain to me how someone just comes in and wipes you in PvE exactly? Are you living on a claimable isle but lack the points to actually do so?

For a lot of people.. yes.  That's the entire reason for the "build anywhere" mechanism, so that people can share the bigger islands that they can't afford with landlords who are willing to share.  Now if those landlords change their mind, quit, leave the island etc. your entire base is just gone

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DannyUK said:

They are afraid to do their own dirty work so they get the players to turn on each other in PvE so at a later date they can say something along the lines of "we are sorry to announce we are closing down PvE servers because of low population, we are sorry this might be an inconvenience for you. We hope you stay with us on the PvP servers and will now focus our time on these servers. We thank you for being with us on this journey."

They know exactly what they are doing. They don't learn from past mistakes or listen to the community and that is a big worry in itself.

They might.. amalgamate pve servers.. but they'll never get rid of us. 

Edited by Martyn

2 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

If the company is long dead, then all their structures will magically poof after 10 days.

This feature literally can ONLY hit active companies.  And since in PVE the only time you lose an island is going inactive, it's only intended to punish the previous tenants and settlers

Yeah they are trying to force you to buy the damn island. I don’t like that either. They are literally trying to make you have to do the gold sink. It is very disappointing.

ok guys, even though you are active you aren’t buying our islands so we are going to make you buy it if you don’t want someone to destroy it.

2 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

For a lot of people.. yes. 

One word. Lawless.

2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

ITS MY ISLAND!! I can do with it as I like.  End of.. If I want to clear it up.. I'm paying the rent.. not you.. not anyone else.  You get 48 hours to remove your stuff..

It isn't a trolls toy at all.  If someone is forking out 12-25k.. they are paying for the right, if it's pve or pvp.

And that is what is wrong with the game in PvE "MY ISLAND" it isn't your island and it never should be in PvE. Settlers should be able to stay there regardless and this feature will only go towards killing PvE off.

The claim idea needs to change also, it is PvE. You might be used to PvP and this "MY ISLAND" mentality might have a place there but it doesn't in PvE or it shouldn't at least.

It is a trolls toy, it will be used to grief people left right and centre. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

For a lot of people.. yes.  That's the entire reason for the "build anywhere" mechanism, so that people can share the bigger islands that they can't afford with landlords who are willing to share.  Now if those landlords change their mind, quit, leave the island etc. your entire base is just gone

Then either play on lawless.. team up with others to buy the island, but remain solo in your playing.. or sit in a corner and cry.

Just now, Nari said:

One word. Lawless.

oh yeah, that's what's going to happen.  We're already moving everything back.  The whole point is that they spent MONTHS trying to get people out of lawless, and once again they're turning it into the most structured, organized zones with the most consistent rules.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

And that is what is wrong with the game in PvE "MY ISLAND" it isn't your island and it never should be in PvE. Settlers should be able to stay there regardless and this feature will only go towards killing PvE off.

The claim idea needs to change also, it is PvE. You might be used to PvP and this "MY ISLAND" mentality might have a place there but it doesn't in PvE or it shouldn't at least.

It is a trolls toy, it will be used to grief people left right and centre. 

It is my island.. I am paying rent for it.  Makes it my island.  You're not paying rent, hell, you aren't even paying TAX!!

Far as I'm concerned, Settlement owners should be able to eraze/block all other settlers all day every day.  We're paying upwards of 3-5k a week to live there.  We're the ones having to farm the cash.  Sure, to a degree maps help, esp on smaller islands.. but we're still the ones paying.

Most of the islands are empty now, still being paid for, by dead companies.

If you want to live in a settlement.. you should be paying for it.  Either as gifting money or as an actual tax.

It's time they reverted the tax to actually BE a TAX.

The truth is.. you don't want to pay the rent, but you want the right to live there.  Well you don't have that right.

Why should I have to run around breaking individual blocks and tiles? On a large island.. ?

This allows people 48 hours to move out.. get evicted.. by the new landowner. 

This is how it should be.

Edited by Martyn
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, Martyn said:

ITS MY ISLAND!! I can do with it as I like.  End of.. If I want to clear it up.. I'm paying the rent.. not you.. not anyone else.  You get 48 hours to remove your stuff..

It isn't a trolls toy at all.  If someone is forking out 12-25k.. they are paying for the right, if it's pve or pvp.

No. You are misunderstanding the patch notes. This change doesn't give tenants 48 hours after the wipe is triggered to remove their stuff, it just limits the new owner to a window of using the option from 48 to 72 hours out after acquiring. There is literally nothing in the patch notes that indicates settlers get any notification or option whatsoever. So, a settler could be gone for a few days (you know, that rl thing that seems to come up for a lot of people.) and return to the island they inhabit having changed hands while they were gone and the new owner having razed everything they did without warning.

Show me the patch note indicating settlers are given a direct notification when island ownership changes hands. Show me the patch note requiring new island owners to communicate their intent to existing settlers. Stop stamping your feet up and down and insisting it's your island you can do as you please. In the real world, if you buy a building with tenants, your rights as an owner do not entitle you to knock the building down 2 days later with no notification whatsoever. Ownership in a civilized society has limits and clearly should. This is not meaningfully different.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

oh yeah, that's what's going to happen.  We're already moving everything back.  The whole point is that they spent MONTHS trying to get people out of lawless, and once again they're turning it into the most structured, organized zones with the most consistent rules.

Very true. They have spent months working on something that doesn’t work when they could have been working on a lot of other things. Claims need to leave.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Martyn said:

It is my island.. I am paying rent for it.  Makes it my island.  You're not paying rent, hell, you aren't even paying TAX!!

Yes and it's all catered towards large companies and pushed the smaller companies to one side. I wouldn't argue the case for PvP dog eat dog world in that mode which is why I don't play it, PvE should be totally different.

They wonder why more and more people are leaving the game then they bring in stupid ideas like wiping islands on demand, ludicrous.

4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

There is literally nothing in the patch notes that indicates settlers get any notification or option whatsoever.

nvm, that's the raze alert

It can only be used during peacetime, and will notify everyone on that specific grid, as well as log into any companies that had wiped structures on that island.

Edited by Nari

Live on lawless then.. Settlements are catering for large companies.. so they should be. If more people live on one island, then they aren't spread out over several!!

Settlement Owners will need to wait 48 hours to be able to raze an island after claiming it. The raze option will then be available for a 24-hour window only.  - There is no explicit indication of a warning for the current settlers.. which obviously there should be.  But before jumping to conclusions about there not being so.. perhaps find out first.

Edited by Martyn

2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

We pay tax on gold, get you're facts right.

If a player claims an island a wipes EVERY players structures on the island THAT is PVP. End of.

Just because the Devs are struggling to resolve the spam issue why do PvE players that settle on claimed islands have to suffer?

I've had 2 island owners since the wipe. The first one quit EU PvE when NA PvE opened up. So taking this new change into account that would have been 2 different opportunities for players to grief an entire island. And just because it's a one time thing and a 48 hour window doesn't mean that it is a ONE time thing for the entirety of the game.

We all know you spend 16 hours a day 6 days a week playing games, but the rest of us aren't so lucky to have free time to commit. Now the Devs are FORCING us to play every 48 hours in case someone claims our island. So instead of having the 10 day structure cushion for you know taking a few days break from the game, we've now got to worry that every 48 hours we don't play that there might be a new owner that wipes your stuff.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nari said:

It can only be used during peacetime, and will notify everyone on that specific grid, as well as log into any companies that had wiped structures on that island.

The peacetime bit I took to mean that part only applies to pvp, since peacetime is a redundant concept on pve, but if pve settlers do get some notification that is better than I thought.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

The peacetime bit I took to mean that part only applies to pvp, since peacetime is a redundant concept on pve, but if pve settlers do get some notification that is better than I thought.

The fact that it only logs into people that HAD structures means the announcement is only after the fact.  Unless you check the island ownership of every base and outpost more often than every 48 hours you'll get no warning.

• Like 1

There is no advance warning. A player could claim an island and wait 48 hours, then bam everything gone. If anyone is claiming people have 48 hours to pack up and leave, (which is absurd) then they are sorely mistaken.

4 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

The fact that it only logs into people that HAD structures means the announcement is only after the fact.  Unless you check the island ownership of every base and outpost more often than every 48 hours you'll get no warning.

Wonderful. So it's "Hey look, you used to have a place here, but some @#$% named Martyn bought it and since he's the owner and can do as he pleases, the way any 4 year old insists they can, you no longer have a place. By the way, your new landlord Martyn says to get a job loser and start paying rent, because he doesn't understand how the taxes you were paying would have benefitted him."

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no peacetime on PvE, as I understand it there is no warnings about it. They wanted people to leave lawless and go onto claimable islands, so many people did and said ok I will try it.

These people have settled there, built everything up and island changes hands, they wipe everything off it, how is that fair to those people? It isn't.

Not everyone is going to be a troll though but you just know many will do this and claim islands to do it for the laughs. This is why I always stayed on lawless, I never trusted this idea of claimable islands 1 bit. They seriously need to change course on this one I think, maybe not for PvP but PvE yes.

@Jatheish @Dollie please reconsider this option for PvE

Edited by DannyUK

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

Wonderful. So it's "Hey look, you used to have a place here, but some @#$% named Martyn bought it and since he's the owner and can do as he pleases, the way any 4 year old insists they can, you no longer have a place. By the way, your new landlord Martyn says to get a job loser and start paying rent, because he doesn't understand how the taxes you were paying benefitted him."

Pretty much.

The weirdest thing is.. the entire purpose of this "feature" is to bypass another feature.  The fact that things can't be demolished after 24 hours.  that feature was put in place for this specific reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

There is no peacetime on PvE, as I understand it there is no warnings about it. They wanted people to leave lawless and go onto claimable islands, so many people did and said ok I will try it.

These people have settled there, built everything up and island changes hands, they wipe everything off it, how is that fair to those people? It isn't.

Not everyone is going to be a troll though but you just know many will do this and claim islands to do it for the laughs. This is why I always stayed on lawless, I never trusted this idea of claimable islands 1 bit. They seriously need to change course on this one I think, maybe not for PvP but PvE yes.

/signed

This seems way way too fraught with trollish potential for very little upside. At the end of the day, island owners may want a clean slate, but if you want people to settle on those islands, settlers will need some protection from capricious or indifferent owners. Letting pre existing settler structures be unwipeable as long as the players are active and telling new owners they must purchase islands as is is entirely fair. If you want an island with a solid existing tax base that will provide you resource income, buy one with settlers. If you don't, buy one no one lives on. That's reasonable. Making all settlers live with the possiblity of no warning wipe isn't.

• Like 1

In PvE this is not a scenario that concerns landowners much. As Nari stated, as long as they are active and have cash in the right places nothing new happens. But when they have been inactive for 21 days or when their cash has run out, somebody could chose to raze that island. Just like somebody could fun claim an unclaimed, inhabited island and 'test'this mechanic ... in PvE.

When one of the settlers claims the newly liberated land -which is probably what they had in mind- they *should not be inclined to raze as they would lose all their structures to*.
Which is obviously flawed reasoning. On our island we have mostly high-level settlers from other companies that have their own islands. After getting bored due to lack of challenges I would not be surprised if someone claimed and razed just for fun.

The scenario also assumes a company quits without unclaiming or clean-up.

The feature only punishes ACTIVE players who don't own their own islands.  And it does it when somebody else goes inactive.

Inactive players don't care one way or the other, and their structures vanish after 10 days anyway.

11 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Yeah not everyone will be a troll, but we all know someone will be. After the initial 24 hours of placing structures everyone is relieved on PvE that they are not at risk from griefing trolls, now the Devs have changed that so that your structures are at risk at any moment. It needs removing before the inevitable happens.