Darkweaver

Devs; why do you keep rolling over the small company & solo player?

God man, tried to get on valguero because I had a couple of days to help my buddies out. Completely full. Smh. Sometimes I wish that atlas would be as dead as ark on console.

mark my words, no matter what if you wipe or add a new map.... you automatically get tons of players as far as wildcard goes.

luckily once atlas releases(EA=yeah we all know... blah blah blah) there should be 900 servers.

if the devs aren’t completely stupid they will let every single server be a spawn point. @Jatheish yeah this means you. Let every island have a spawn point. Don’t do the same shot you did with pc.

do t you dare do that stupid shot again. The last thing you want is another pc release. You said you learned from mistakes, now learn from the past 6 months. If not we will all finally realize how stupid you guys are. And in a big way

5 hours ago, Realist said:

God man, tried to get on valguero because I had a couple of days to help my buddies out. Completely full. Smh. Sometimes I wish that atlas would be as dead as ark on console.

mark my words, no matter what if you wipe or add a new map.... you automatically get tons of players as far as wildcard goes.

luckily once atlas releases(EA=yeah we all know... blah blah blah) there should be 900 servers.

if the devs aren’t completely stupid they will let every single server be a spawn point. @Jatheish yeah this means you. Let every island have a spawn point. Don’t do the same shot you did with pc.

do t you dare do that stupid shot again. The last thing you want is another pc release. You said you learned from mistakes, now learn from the past 6 months. If not we will all finally realize how stupid you guys are. And in a big way

Why so aggressive man? Jat and the team are catering to as many people as they can. Cut them some slack. 

Theres a real problem with the entitlement in this community that needs to be addressed before the devs can be held to account for too much. 

Im sick of these squeaky wheels ( over entitled pve/non dedicated/anti social small groups playing on a mmorpg)  and getting all the grease when overall it’s a really fun game in its current state. 

Lets chill on the demands and let the dev team do their thing. Otherwise we keep pulling the devs in 100 different directions and someone still ends up unhappy anyways. We all want something from them. But spamming asinine demands doesn’t achieve much when no one can decide on the same path they want the devs to take. I generally like reading your posts ( it’s interesting to see what someone who isn’t playing yet thinks)  but just chill. 

Ps: no hate for pve/ unofficial from me, just concerned looking at the number of forum threads in general discussion/ PvP/ and pve. 

There are people with great ideas for this game we just need to chill on the demands and over entitlement. I may have read your post out of context and for that I apologise if that wasn’t your intention.

Come play atlas realist. I wanna pvp with you man.

Edited by Polar Express
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Concerning DP :

The reason that i play Atlas and not Ark is, that people need time to raid. You have to harvest, build ships sail to your target, lay siege.

This means efforts in terms of time consumption. In Ark you fly with your dragon in , pew pew, game over. Instant raids

Death porting only helps. If your death port base contains all siege stuff. If not it is just a help in terms of scouting.

But i agree, DP should be limited to the grit. I would even agree to limit it to the same island+ships close.

Even “only one bed per company“ or lets say, as many beds as the company has players + 2 would be ok.

Sailing would become more meaningful and really turn Atlas into a persistant pirate world where travel is the key.

At the moment i build one-way throw-away schooners on my outpost islands to haul resources to my main base. It would consume more time to sail back and forth. This is comfortable, but obviously not ok.

Maybe „fixed bind point“, must be changable, could be the solution ? 

If you don't have a bed on your ship and when you go off with your ship and u got kill by hunger, vitamin, storm, too cold, too hot etc

And if you land in another island and got one hit by alpha lion.

You will need another ship for taking back your ship.

Shouldn't be the best gaming experience that we are looking for 😄

Like in RL, it would change how you act if death would be meaningful instead of just being some means of teleportation 😉👍 

On 7/16/2019 at 9:15 AM, Martyn said:

Damn.. I hate it when I'm wrong.

Seems all the stuff we couldn't remove.. is now gone.  Even the old traps.  Maybe it is working afterall.

You must really hate yourself because your in a constant state of being wrong.... almost everything you type is complete rubbish!!!

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2019 at 4:05 AM, boomervoncannon said:

I see where you’re coming from to a point, but both you and the OP are defining the scope of what the conversation should have been narrowly and then declaring what it became out of bounds because it didn’t stay contained within those narrow bounds. Obviously the discussion that was had was one that needed to happen, you’re just saying it should have happened in a separate thread. Possibly, but do you know how many times over the years I have seen multiple threads discussing a hotly debated overall topic merged by forum moderators in order to keep the forums “tidy”? That means whether to start a separate thread can be a damned if you do damned if you don’t proposition.

Like it or not, the Op’s thread became ground zero for an immediate and pressing discussion of an issue mostly because he was the first to mention it. This is a thing that sometimes just happens on forums.  Plenty of threads I’ve made over the years have been hauled “off topic” because people didn’t stick to discussing the narrowly focused point I brought up in the OP. IT’s just the nature of the beast. Whinging about it won’t help or prevent it next time. Let’s all just move on.

Jesus Boomer the OP should Know exactly what he meant in his post he was the OP....

The Title of this post is =

DEVS; WHY DO YOU KEEP ROLLING OVER THE SMALL COMPANY & SOLO PLAYER?

And the point the OP was making is the Small Company's and Solo players are being screwed over constantly, on the PvP server!!!

PvE server doesn't matter for this discussion because the size of a group on PvE doesn't matter.  A big company can't bully a small company in PvE.

So again this was a PvP issue not a PvE issue!!!  Anyone who read his post could clearly understand this and for you to tell the OP what he SHOULD have meant is pretty freaking arrogant!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Jesus Boomer the OP should Know exactly what he meant in his post he was the OP....

The Title of this post is =

DEVS; WHY DO YOU KEEP ROLLING OVER THE SMALL COMPANY & SOLO PLAYER?

And the point the OP was making is the Small Company's and Solo players are being screwed over constantly, on the PvP server!!!

PvE server doesn't matter for this discussion because the size of a group on PvE doesn't matter.  A big company can't bully a small company in PvE.

So again this was a PvP issue not a PvE issue!!!  Anyone who read his post could clearly understand this and for you to tell the OP what he SHOULD have meant is pretty freaking arrogant!!!

A. Note that while you are citing the title of the thread nowhere in the title is pvp mentioned.

B. If the thread was intended to discuss pvp ONLY, then it belongs in the pvp forum section, not general discussion.

C. Nowhere did I assert what the OP should have meant, only that the OP of any thread doesn’t always get to dictate how narrowly focused a discussion in a thread they create will be.

D. Given that the thread was important enough to attract comment from Jat on reversal of the mechanic, it seems obvious that the broader discussion was merited.

E. If you think this mechanic would have had no ramifications for pve, you clearly didn’t follow the discussion.  Company size was only one aspect of the ramifications this change would have. Others were pressing, I’m sorry you find the fact they were had here and I didn’t bend over backwards apologizing for something that happens all the time on forums arrogant.

So this whole thread is one big joke. Grapeshot has done something they DO NOT have to. They took the time to create SINGLEPLAYER and even Non-Dedicated servers just like Ark has. So how is that rolling over the little guy that bought into a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game? Please any of you that feel wronged by GS answer that? Sure I play the SP version of the game now. Mostly because all the servers out there are based around toxic PVP or carebear no challenge PVE. Finally I can enjoy the actual game with no one ruining it. No more dictors runnings servers feeling better than the rest. So it seems that GS has given the solo/small companies a HUGE gift. Still people seem to think they have ENTITLEMENT to something more. Still people are here crying that it is not enough. If you do not like or can not enjoy a MMO then why in the world did you buy one? This topic just seems to be the Toxic community that is Steam sneaking in the door here. So all you whiners just give it up. You got more then you deserve out of a game never marketed for solo or small groups as should be understood because it is labeled as part of a genre of games that has been around for a very long time. If people can not read for COMPREHENSION then that is your individual issue and no one else's

PS report me if you feel offended I could careless. I speak my mind as if I am talking to adults that you mostly claim to be. If you are under 16 and want to go crying to someone, or just idenify as a crybaby great cry. More people need to shut you whiners down that can find things to complain about when there is really nothing there. So sad that people today do not know how to behave. Complete reason that PVP gameplay will never be anything but a Toxic Pool of waste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

There are mega alliances that actively hunt toxic companies on NAPVP. The game is changing now, megas are trying to help smaller/ newer companies out more. The most toxic company I have encountered was just been wiped off the map a couple of days ago. 

I understand what you mean and we are doing something about it as players. There’s no need for the devs to fix anything else as long as the most powerful companies are dealing with jerks. 

As for single player/ non dedicated. The devs have done what people asked for and still they complain. Really good post @Dawg711

On 7/13/2019 at 3:36 AM, Darkweaver said:

Dear developers,

Do you really not understand how the social dynamics in this game work? Or do you really don't care at all? Why do you keep rolling over the small guy? Just why?

:skull: CURRENT: V210.13 :skull:

- Magic Mythos 2x is enabled on the Official Network: 2x Taming, XP and Harvest Rates
- Settlement Owners can now raze a settlement after first claiming it. This will destroy all structures on the island. The cost to raze will be 12k gold on PvP servers and 25k gold on PvE servers. Settlement Owners will need to wait 48 hours to be able to raze an island after claiming it. The raze option will then be available for a 24-hour window only. This option is only functional during peacetime on PvP networks.

Who asked for this? Who needs this? Now not only a company of teenage bullies can raid me into oblivion in a game that revolves around farming, but now they can also foundation wipe me for a measly amount of 12k gold? You already made the situation really bad when you enabled fast decay for settlement owners. 12k gold... They stole that much from me already. You are basically rewarding them for steamrolling me. The amount of (non) thinking you give to these changes are just appalling.

Boomer I know you can read.... So read it again!!!

9 hours ago, Dawg711 said:

So this whole thread is one big joke. Grapeshot has done something they DO NOT have to. They took the time to create SINGLEPLAYER

Who wants to play Single player????  Seriously I am here for the MMORPG they claimed since day 1

even Non-Dedicated servers just like Ark has.

So what?  Who wants a Non dedicated server?  And who cares about Ark that's another game with a cess pit of toxic-ness!!!

Sure I play the SP version of the game now. Mostly because all the servers out there are based around toxic PVP or carebear no challenge PVE. Finally I can enjoy the actual game with no one ruining it.

Weird we want the same thing, a NON toxic game you can play on the NORMAL PVP server!!!  

So it seems that GS has given the solo/small companies a HUGE gift.

If you think going and playing alone in a game Advertised to be an MMORPG from day 1 is a huge gift?!?  Then I have no words!!!!

You got more then you deserve out of a game never marketed for solo or small groups

Colonies PvP: Freeform building, with more progress-protecting and time-enforced PvP rules creating a cooperative atmosphere, and limits to ensure the game is more oriented towards single players and small to mid-sized groups.

^^^^ Looks pretty marketed to me, I even got this in my email box, begging me to come back and enjoy the game they were making for SMALL and SOLO players!!!

• Like 1

it is labeled as part of a genre of games that has been around for a very long time.

And in just about every MMORPG that has EVER existed 

Ultima Online

Star Wars Galaxies

World of Warcraft

Everquest 

Runescape

the list can go on and on....

You could play them all as a SINGLE PLAYER and enjoy yourself and have fun!!!  Because if these games were not fun for the individual then they never would have had Guilds inside of them where the individuals teamed up!!!  Its like putting the cart before the horse....

Stop defending a crap game!  That has failed to give us the tools to create a good open world sandbox MMORPG, which should and always start at the most basic core level the single player and small group experience, if you can't get that right then the game is screwed!!!!

Edited by Sulfurblade
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Who wants to play Single player????  Seriously I am here for the MMORPG they claimed since day 1

So what?  Who wants a Non dedicated server?  And who cares about Ark that's another game with a cess pit of toxic-ness!!!

Weird we want the same thing, a NON toxic game you can play on the NORMAL PVP server!!!  

If you think going and playing alone in a game Advertised to be an MMORPG from day 1 is a huge gift?!?  Then I have no words!!!!

Just saying surfer. A lot of these players are ark players so it isn’t a surprise how toxic it is.

it will be the same will console. I know people hate when I say it’s ark but it pretty much is. Not saying anything rude, but it pretty much is.

dont get me wrong I am with you on what they said since day one but you gotta realize they say a lot of things and it doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

people try to tell me what the devs said all the time and I don’t really care because I go off of track records not words it doesn’t natter what people try to quote, at the end of the day I already know.

• Like 1

No the real problem here is Jet's vision for Atlas is =

https://store.steampowered.com/app/420290/Blackwake/

If it were up to Jet this is the trash game we would have!  

But Blackwake atleast isn't running around telling people they are an MMORPG!!!

Its just another Team death match trash game!!!  Some of us demand an the MMORPG they advertised not the Blackwake wanna be they have given us!!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

No the real problem here is Jet's vision for Atlas is =

https://store.steampowered.com/app/420290/Blackwake/

If it were up to Jet this is the trash game we would have!  

But Blackwake atleast isn't running around telling people they are an MMORPG!!!

Its just another Team death match trash game!!!  Some of us demand an the MMORPG they advertised not the Blackwake wanna be they have given us!!!

I'd just like to point out that Jat is not the one pulling the strings. He's a community manager and one of the developers but at the end of the day he doesn't call the shots. He's just able to make suggestions and pass on our suggestions, but the one you are thinking of that is making decisions on the vision of the game is Jeremy.

Edited by Kidori
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Who wants to play Single player????

A lot of people mate... A lot of people. 

Some of us were actually waiting for something like it without having to setup whole server grid from the moment they allowed unofficial servers.

What you failed to know earlier, this is Ark with ships. End of story. Doesn't matter what the vision was. Something akin to single player was inevitable 🙂 . It was just a question how irritating it would be to set up and devs made it trivial.

5 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Boomer I know you can read.... So read it again!!!

I have read it. Did you either not read or just ignore the points in my last post?

At the risk of repeating myself, if the OP wanted the thread to be only about how the change affected pvp, and not pve, then the thread belonged in the pvp forum section, not GD. By placing the thread in GD, discussing how the change impacts pve becomes fair game, whether you or the OP like it or not.

I have said what I intended to say about this. If you’re not going to address directly the points that I make, but instead ignore them and order me to read something I’ve already read before again, at that point which one of us is being arrogant?

Edited by boomervoncannon

15 hours ago, Dawg711 said:

So this whole thread is one big joke. Grapeshot has done something they DO NOT have to. They took the time to create SINGLEPLAYER and even Non-Dedicated servers just like Ark has. So how is that rolling over the little guy that bought into a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game?

The question is why are you ignoring the actual point this thread was about?

When you pay attention to what the thread was about, you'll find that it was the complete opposite of one big joke because the devs listened to us and righted a wrong.

6 hours ago, Kidori said:

I'd just like to point out that Jat is not the one pulling the strings. He's a community manager and one of the developers but at the end of the day he doesn't call the shots. He's just able to make suggestions and pass on our suggestions, but the one you are thinking of that is making decisions on the vision of the game is Jeremy.

Jeremy makes my blood boil. The ego of that guy is just crazy. He makes a lot of bad decisions and is corrupt.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Realist said:

Jeremy makes my blood boil. The ego of that guy is just crazy. He makes a lot of bad decisions and is corrupt.

@Elrood you might want to react to the post as you are confused, but that is completely fine. I know you are not informed on this matter.

Jeremy was that one that got wildcard sued in the first place for breaching contract. This was the one and only reason that scorched earth actually costed money even though ark was in early access. I had another dev state to me that employees were not allowed to talk to each other. He has also had claims of sexism brought against him(mind you I usually take that with a grain of salt if that was the only claim).

mind you, if you aren’t familiar with twitter which I am to a high degree, he literally posted on his personal twitter everything that atlas Twitter was going to say but a couple of minutes before they did so he was able to absorb the hype. Not only me but a lot of others were very quick to jump on him about that.

he went months without talking about ark or anything on Twitter... here comes atlas. He tries to steal all the thunder, and once people put him in his rightful place we haven’t heard from him on twitter since the release of atlas. Go figure.

you can react all you want but I already k ow what is going on with Jeremy lol 

On 7/22/2019 at 11:27 PM, Dawg711 said:

So this whole thread is one big joke. Grapeshot has done something they DO NOT have to. They took the time to create SINGLEPLAYER and even Non-Dedicated servers just like Ark has. So how is that rolling over the little guy that bought into a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game? Please any of you that feel wronged by GS answer that? Sure I play the SP version of the game now. Mostly because all the servers out there are based around toxic PVP or carebear no challenge PVE. Finally I can enjoy the actual game with no one ruining it. No more dictors runnings servers feeling better than the rest. So it seems that GS has given the solo/small companies a HUGE gift. Still people seem to think they have ENTITLEMENT to something more. Still people are here crying that it is not enough. If you do not like or can not enjoy a MMO then why in the world did you buy one? This topic just seems to be the Toxic community that is Steam sneaking in the door here. So all you whiners just give it up. You got more then you deserve out of a game never marketed for solo or small groups as should be understood because it is labeled as part of a genre of games that has been around for a very long time. If people can not read for COMPREHENSION then that is your individual issue and no one else's

PS report me if you feel offended I could careless. I speak my mind as if I am talking to adults that you mostly claim to be. If you are under 16 and want to go crying to someone, or just idenify as a crybaby great cry. More people need to shut you whiners down that can find things to complain about when there is really nothing there. So sad that people today do not know how to behave. Complete reason that PVP gameplay will never be anything but a Toxic Pool of waste.

What an amusing post. Hilarious shit. I thought we were actually discussing something here. Go spew your idiocy somewhere else pls.

13 hours ago, Realist said:

@Elrood you might want to react to the post as you are confused, but that is completely fine. I know you are not informed on this matter.

Jeremy was that one that got wildcard sued in the first place for breaching contract. This was the one and only reason that scorched earth actually costed money even though ark was in early access. I had another dev state to me that employees were not allowed to talk to each other. He has also had claims of sexism brought against him(mind you I usually take that with a grain of salt if that was the only claim).

mind you, if you aren’t familiar with twitter which I am to a high degree, he literally posted on his personal twitter everything that atlas Twitter was going to say but a couple of minutes before they did so he was able to absorb the hype. Not only me but a lot of others were very quick to jump on him about that.

he went months without talking about ark or anything on Twitter... here comes atlas. He tries to steal all the thunder, and once people put him in his rightful place we haven’t heard from him on twitter since the release of atlas. Go figure.

you can react all you want but I already k ow what is going on with Jeremy lol 

The only thing I'm confused is why the hell they didn't ban you yet.... :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Elrood said:

The only thing I'm confused is why the hell they didn't ban you yet.... :classic_rolleyes:

I am far from the worst person on here. Some of the people on here use curse words every or word and other just tell people they are wrong and try to shut down people every chance they get.

i follow the rules a lot better than most people on here.