Darkweaver

Devs; why do you keep rolling over the small company & solo player?

2 hours ago, seruum said:

Tbh i think it's a great idea and i play pve.

To help us understand this further, please explain your current situation in PvE.

Where do you live, are you owner, tenant, neither. What affect would people razing islands have on you personally. Please explain more so we can see your situation.

5 hours ago, Martyn said:

As for these forums.. most of the people responding here, don't even play the game.. they count as a negative number.

Considering we are discussing the new PvE NUKE mechanic, which is pretty much all in this very topic we are posting in, please state who in this topic does not play Atlas, besides the obvious @Realist.

I know you've got me on ignore list so you won't see me post this without your curiosity getting the better of you, but everyone else will be able to see this and they'll either see you ignore it which shows you have no genuine answer, or you make up random shit.

So please humour us and tell us who in this topic discussing a very important PvE mechanic does not play Atlas?

Just because we get this option now don't mean, we will use it. 

The only situation you will be willing to pay 25k is, if u claim a spammed island. This would make sense. 

Don't get feared about that griefing kid who maybe don't exist at all. Seriously, these stupid kids all leaved the game long ago and play wow, fortnite or cs again to become dumber that way.

It's a very good new option to handle griefers on your new island. But too expensive to wipe around like a crazy griefer. And you have to claim the island first... Don't think this option will be used often in PvE.

For pvp I'm not sure how annoying it is with this new option. But I let the pvp players discuss about that.

29 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Sure, ill base hours and hours of work on the believe that players wont screw others just because they can. Man on which planet are you living on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Martyn said:

The funny side of this, is people who don't play.. think people who do, will grind out 25k just to grief someone... seriously..

HOW is 25k much?

You have no idea how much gold other people have. I know a guy which plays mostly solo, he has above 2 milion gold.
Just because u like to bitch other people more then progressing, doesnt mean other people do too.

Also you play NA, there never was population on NA PVE. All the more dedicated NA player stayed on EU.

Come EU and claim an island! Maybe u did, dont get an island and started over at NA?

No-one has yet come forward with a legitimate case that states how a player wiping an entire island of other players structures is considered PvE.

A player action that results in wiping bases of other players is PvP pure and simple.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Don't think this option will be used often in PvE.

Doesnt matter if it is a single occurence if it hits you, isnt it?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Doesnt matter if it is a single occurence if it hits you, isnt it?

On PvE, where we are playing, I don't have to worry about. We "own" our islands and they're payed. 

honestly: when in PvE it's possible to claim anothers island, he's long time away and don't play anymore. I'm sure this guy wouldn't worry about that wipe.

And my personal opinion on this is given: it's still EA and the devs can wipe us all at any time. I don't stick so hard on my pixels and can truly living without them. Additional to this, I like to build up and start from the ground again. But I'm sure there are a lot lot lot people who have a different sight on this. Like they would earn money for gaming 🤔

This whole thread should move in the pvp forum. For the PvE players it's definitely not a issue to worry about.

54 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Sure, ill base hours and hours of work on the believe that players wont screw others just because they can. Man on which planet are you living on.

as I wrote: in pvp maybe it's a big thing. For a PvE player it's not a big deal. Two ways in PvE that allows u to claim an island: if the owner is AFK for too long or runs out of gold. Both ways are because of inactivity imo. 

As a new island owner it's a great option. U can claim a clean island and build wherever you want. A very good reward for your effort. 👍👍

12 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

On PvE, where we are playing, I don't have to worry about. We "own" our islands and they're payed. 

honestly: when in PvE it's possible to claim anothers island, he's long time away and don't play anymore. I'm sure this guy wouldn't worry about that wipe.

And my personal opinion on this is given: it's still EA and the devs can wipe us all at any time. I don't stick so hard on my pixels and can truly living without them. Additional to this, I like to build up and start from the ground again. But I'm sure there are a lot lot lot people who have a different sight on this. Like they would earn money for gaming 🤔

This whole thread should move in the pvp forum. For the PvE players it's definitely not a issue to worry about.

Its not about owner, its about NOT owner.

It is claim or lawless now.
Devs made build everywhere, which is now taken away silently!

14 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

It is only about PVE.

1 hour ago, Forb Hidden said:

The only situation you will be willing to pay 25k is, if u claim a spammed island. This would make sense. 

Don't get feared about that griefing kid who maybe don't exist at all. Seriously, these stupid kids all leaved the game long ago and play wow, fortnite or cs again to become dumber that way.

It's a very good new option to handle griefers on your new island. But too expensive to wipe around like a crazy griefer. And you have to claim the island first... Don't think this option will be used often in PvE.

For pvp I'm not sure how annoying it is with this new option. But I let the pvp players discuss about that.

They will use it, the griefers I mean. 25k is not alot of money to be honest, especially if you are a large company. As i've said before I have 50k sitting there doing nothing, that's just by doing maps and most of it was over a couple of weekends. If I carried on doing this I would have been well over 100k easy. You could say 25k is alot of money to maybe people who don't spend hours on it, I'd agree with that.

These people do exist and you want to know the worrying thing? They're probably not kids. I've seen people fight and block each other off over companies timer going down to demolish before auto wipes. They will fight over the resources and gold in the box.

This could be another reason to wipe islands, I don't know if the suitcases drop when you click to wipe but if the landowner does this he has a chance to get everything. 

Don't get complacent over the price, if you haven't seen bidders or people buying tames on Discord I think you should take a look because many bid on them way into their thousands. 25k will not stop someone wanting to grief guarantee it. 

I wouldn't even be talking about this if this was PvP only, it's where it belongs I know the odd few disagree but it doesn't seem like a PvE tool to me.

I will be very surprised if we don't hear someone on these forums saying along the lines of "some idiot has wiped all my things off the island for no reason" I anticipate it this week or next.

Oh dudes.... If u "own" a island in PvE, how should anyone be able to claim it, if you're a active player and get a lot of gold in the flag?! Right, there's no legit way!

so stop worrying about.

And I never said anything about the price @DannyUK. But if u ask me: 250'000g in PvE would be fair, 50'000g in pvp maybe. But I don't play pvp and don't want to mind too much into. This is something the pvp players can discuss.

The only only only case that can happen to you in PvE: if u build on a claimed island and this one get claimed. Then you probably can loose everything, if the new owner decides to do so. But be honest: if u live there and don't figure out, that the island is claimable... No words for this case 😂😝

1 minute ago, Forb Hidden said:

No words for this case

Think harder this time!

It was save until the change (24h role beside), now you dont build/live on other peoples claimes anymore, same as unclaimed land.
If i figure the claim will run out, other people will do too. I may not be able to claim the land, but now i kinda have to, before it was whatever!

11 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Oh dudes.... If u "own" a island in PvE, how should anyone be able to claim it, if you're a active player and get a lot of gold in the flag?! Right, there's no legit way!

so stop worrying about.

And I never said anything about the price @DannyUK. But if u ask me: 250'000g in PvE would be fair, 50'000g in pvp maybe. But I don't play pvp and don't want to mind too much into. This is something the pvp players can discuss.

The only only only case that can happen to you in PvE: if u build on a claimed island and this one get claimed. Then you probably can loose everything, if the new owner decides to do so. But be honest: if u live there and don't figure out, that the island is claimable... No words for this case 😂😝

What about the islands that have become inactive and not putting gold in? Yet people still live there with all their things not being able to keep up the cost or have access to it.

So you are saying every person playing the game should be online to notice the island becoming claimable? I played alot of hours in PvE more than most but I'm not naive to think people don't have much time and have other life commitments. There goes your words for your case.

34 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Two ways in PvE that allows u to claim an island: if the owner is AFK for too long or runs out of gold. Both ways are because of inactivity imo. 

Lets look at the other ways that you clearly ignored because all you focused on was "inactive" landlords.

1) Landlord decides to quit the game or they no longer want to own land, they remove their claim flag, island becomes claimable. Any lucky person on the grid around that time jumps to claim it. 48 hours later they can wipe everyone off the island.... again this a player action which is PvP.

2) Landlord decides to quit the game or they no longer want to own land, they privately sell the island to someone else. They remove the flag, the buyer immediately places their flag. 48 hours later they wipe the island.

Both of those include active players.

2 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

One company in our alliance has stopped selling tames for gold because they have so much gold they don't know what to do with it.  Now they will only accept high level BPs and mythos.

You don't think people are running around with more gold than they know what to do with?  25k?   pffffft.

@Winter Thorne read my last post here, what I think about the prices.

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwood if the lord decides to quit the game or to loose his island and u are a active settler on his island. So why you don't talk together? Really unrealistic task u bring on here. The option to do so is real, but in the real world with real people who play the game: u really think we would let someone build a huge base on our land without knowing them a little bit ingame? Or would you build up your Disney castle on someones island without asking? Sure not... Otherwise I will start now to believe, that there are some ignorant idiots and selfish dudes.

@DannyUK I call these cases bad luck. Or forced because of ignorance. Sure if I would live on anothers island, I would check out what's he doing. So I would see, if he's inactive or not. But everyone is different. These who don't care or mind about, don't deserve a free ride on a rainbow-farting unicorn. We had to bring in some effort too. 

@Kummba If you want to be safe without trees and rocks in your kitchen and sleeping room, u need to claim an island and pay for it. Was before this change and now it's still the same.

And to all of the community: isn't it a beautiful change? Who wants to claim an island with thousands of pillars on or the best spots overbuilt? No one... With this option now you can make your island the virgin it has to be, when you touch it the first time 😉

2 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

If you want to be safe without trees and rocks in your kitchen and sleeping room, u need to claim an island and pay for it. Was before this change and now it's still the same.

You know, strawberries growing through the floor, there is nothing better then this!

THERE WAS ANOTHER OPTION. Sandbox is shrinking!

1 minute ago, Forb Hidden said:

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwood if the lord decides to quit the game or to loose his island and u are a active settler on his island. So why you don't talk together? Really unrealistic task u bring on here. The option to do so is real, but in the real world with real people who play the game: u really think we would let someone build a huge base on our land without knowing them a little bit ingame? Or would you build up your Disney castle on someones island without asking? Sure not... Otherwise I will start now to believe, that there are some ignorant idiots and selfish dudes.

So you are claiming that all landowners are talkative and share their plans. If they decide to quit the game you expect them all to tell everyone on the island when it is easy for them to just remove the flag and go. People do talk on my island, I also talk, although most of the chatter is non-English so I understand none of that. But why do you assume when landlords quit that there would always be communication regarding the subject? if the landowner doesn't say a word about leaving, then the tenants won't have any notice of the fact.

For your information, I, like many others that started immediately after wipe, built on unclaimed land plenty of time before it was claimed by others. I have since had 2 owners of my island. So that rules out your "u really think we would let someone build a huge base on our land without knowing them a little bit ingame? Or would you build up your Disney castle on someones island without asking?"

Btw nice childish dig with the "disney castle". You give off the type of attitude that someone that nukes a PvE island would have.

26 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

I already read that "What if it cost 2 million gold" comment.  Well it doesn't.  If pigs had wings they could fly.  It costs an amount that many people are already sitting on , and wondering what they can do with it.

You're really misreading the whole situation here.  In many cases, here's what's happened, at least on NA pve:

First there was a server wipe, and they took down the server and gave it to pvp.  Many people quit.

When they finalkly brought the server back, the big companies took all the small islands, leaving the small companies nowhere to claim, and leaving nearly all the big islands unclaimed

Lawless was a spam fest, so the small companies became "settlers" on big islands that they didn't have the means to claim

The people who are left are finally starting to get over the wipe,  but now any other player can come along and just wipe them off the map.

You thought people were mad about the first server wipe?  Now they've got this, on top of the new incomprehensible "disappearing ship" decay mechanic and the new anti-spam, let's remove buildings untested mechanic.

The biggest thing you are missing here is that while there's a valid game reason to get rid of inactive structures on pve, this a big change for two reasons:

1.  It's not inactive structures.  These are bases and structures that players are actively using.

2.  It's not the game doing it with some sort of timing mechanism, it's other players being able to destroy stuff belonging to other active players.

It's a fundamental shift in how pve is supposed to work, and the timing of this change, coming along with all the inactive structure and ship changes tells me the devs are in some sort of "cleanup" mode and can't even understand the difference between inactive decay and players destroying other players' things in pve.  

Edited by Winter Thorne

34 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

And to all of the community: isn't it a beautiful change? Who wants to claim an island with thousands of pillars on or the best spots overbuilt? No one... With this option now you can make your island the virgin it has to be, when you touch it the first time 😉

No. It's not. It's an incredibly foolish and ill considered change. In the real world it's called due diligence. When purchasing real estate, the buyer investigates what he or she is purchasing thoroughly before doing so. If you don't want an island with thousands of spam pillars or the best spots overbuilt,  then do your due diligence prior to purchase. Absolutely no one is required to buy an island they don't want, so the notion this change is somehow necessary for buyers is poppycock.  If owners know that no one will buy an island from them because of such undesirable conditions, they will have all the more incentive to be good landlords and maintain their island properly. This works to the benefit of all and the detriment of none.

On the other hand, let's do some basic math on ownership vs tenants. As long as Atlas's playerbase is small, prospective buyers of islands will always have numerous options to choose from. If you don't like how one island looks, tenant wise, you can go buy a different one. But since the number of islands is finite, as the playerbase grows, the number of tenants in relation to island owners will increase. If it does not, and new players choose only to stay on lawless for fear of this change, that would actually be a condemnation of this mechanic as discouraging and disincentivizing the developers stated design goals. So as Atlas's playerbase grows, the degree to which this new mechanic screws over tenants completely in favor of landlords for no reason other than to suit their conveniance desire for a pristine island (an absurd expectation from the get go in an active game if you ask me) will only increase.

Lets not act like prospective owners are somehow more worthy or better people or players than tenants. The purchase requirements for an island are not massive or great, which means who buys the island will come down to personal preferences: who wants the responsibilities of owning one or whichever buyer the seller chooses to sell to. In some cases it's also going to come down to the random chance of who is logged into the game at the right moment. None of these are legitimate or justifiable reasons for a new owner to have the power to erase all the hard work of every tenant on the island.

No matter how you slice it, this change is one that works to the vast detriment of all tenants and even prospective tenants (as pointed out numerous times, who will want to invest time and energy to be one with this absurd risk hanging over your head) in order to give prospective owners something that in the real world they have no reasonable expectation of. Go ahead, go buy a chunk of real estate in the slums of any major city and see if anyone will let you raze the place in order to build the idyllic apple orchard of your dreams. Your island does not have to be any such virgin nonsense, you merely want it to be, and you selfishly want it to be so at the expense of everyone already living there.

The very notion that you should be able to do this in a game that purports to support a system of landlord and tenants is absurd.

Edited by boomervoncannon

2 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

as I wrote: in pvp maybe it's a big thing. For a PvE player it's not a big deal. Two ways in PvE that allows u to claim an island: if the owner is AFK for too long or runs out of gold. Both ways are because of inactivity imo. 

As a new island owner it's a great option. U can claim a clean island and build wherever you want. A very good reward for your effort. 👍👍

So with this new system, why would anyone wish to be a tennant?

Tennants are good for you the "Landlord", you pay less for the island, you get free resources.

Tennants now are better off on lawless, they have the same decay as settled islands, and don't have the (maybe, sometime, landlord leaves) loose everything you've built up over the months and months you've been playing. (It might never happen, but people are not going to hang thier hopes on a maybe.)

So tell me, Why would anyone choose to be a tennant rather than build on lawless?

• Like 1

This makes me laugh.

In the recent Captain's Log they said:

Before we begin, we’d like to give each and every one of you a huge thanks for the support you’ve shown ATLAS. Over the course of ATLAS’ development, our recent review scores on Steam have jumped considerably. We just wanted to express our thanks and show our gratitude for your support.

Then they pretty much ended it with...... "to show our gratitude for your support we are giving PvE players nukes to wipe out islands. 👍

40 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwood if the lord decides to quit the game or to loose his island and u are a active settler on his island. So why you don't talk together? Really unrealistic task u bring on here. The option to do so is real, but in the real world with real people who play the game: u really think we would let someone build a huge base on our land without knowing them a little bit ingame? Or would you build up your Disney castle on someones island without asking? Sure not... Otherwise I will start now to believe, that there are some ignorant idiots and selfish

I own an island, and i let people build/do whatever they want as long as they dont block resources. Live and let live. The real douche move here is asking for something close to a job interview before they can build and tell them how to play and have fun. I guess those are the ones who have to compensate for a lack of power in real life or so, no idea.

16 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This makes me laugh.

In the recent Captain's Log they said:

Then they pretty much ended it with...... "to show our gratitude for your support we are giving PvE players nukes to wipe out islands. 👍

*nukes Guy's keyboard to wipe out his ability to point out the absurdity of the change*

Sorry, you were making too much sense. 🤪