Darkweaver

Devs; why do you keep rolling over the small company & solo player?

Dear developers,

Do you really not understand how the social dynamics in this game work? Or do you really don't care at all? Why do you keep rolling over the small guy? Just why?

:skull: CURRENT: V210.13 :skull:

- Magic Mythos 2x is enabled on the Official Network: 2x Taming, XP and Harvest Rates
- Settlement Owners can now raze a settlement after first claiming it. This will destroy all structures on the island. The cost to raze will be 12k gold on PvP servers and 25k gold on PvE servers. Settlement Owners will need to wait 48 hours to be able to raze an island after claiming it. The raze option will then be available for a 24-hour window only. This option is only functional during peacetime on PvP networks.

Who asked for this? Who needs this? Now not only a company of teenage bullies can raid me into oblivion in a game that revolves around farming, but now they can also foundation wipe me for a measly amount of 12k gold? You already made the situation really bad when you enabled fast decay for settlement owners. 12k gold... They stole that much from me already. You are basically rewarding them for steamrolling me. The amount of (non) thinking you give to these changes are just appalling.

Edited by Darkweaver
  • Like 2

I'm still bemused that they thought flotilla's of ships of the damned were a good idea.

• Like 6

They are afraid to do their own dirty work so they get the players to turn on each other in PvE so at a later date they can say something along the lines of "we are sorry to announce we are closing down PvE servers because of low population, we are sorry this might be an inconvenience for you. We hope you stay with us on the PvP servers and will now focus our time on these servers. We thank you for being with us on this journey."

They know exactly what they are doing. They don't learn from past mistakes or listen to the community and that is a big worry in itself.

• Like 3

And my response will be "I loathe PVP and have no intention of engaging it so I regretfully will no longer be playing your game."

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

They are afraid to do their own dirty work so they get the players to turn on each other in PvE so at a later date they can say something along the lines of "we are sorry to announce we are closing down PvE servers because of low population, we are sorry this might be an inconvenience for you. We hope you stay with us on the PvP servers and will now focus our time on these servers. We thank you for being with us on this journey."

They know exactly what they are doing. They don't learn from past mistakes or listen to the community and that is a big worry in itself.

Will bet ten doubloons this doesn’t happen.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Will bet ten doubloons this doesn’t happen.

With this game anything is possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

With this game anything is possible.

Sure, and I have seen this development team make some pretty boneheaded moves. My ten doubloons says this isn’t happening because the level of boneheaded that would entail is can’t tie your shoes bad, and no one that brain dead can write code.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

This is just as ridiculous as the idea that the regional servers will be merged due to low population from another thread...

2 hours ago, Darkweaver said:

Dear developers,

Do you really not understand how the social dynamics in this game work? Or do you really don't care at all? Why do you keep rolling over the small guy? Just why?

:skull: CURRENT: V210.13 :skull:

- Magic Mythos 2x is enabled on the Official Network: 2x Taming, XP and Harvest Rates
- Settlement Owners can now raze a settlement after first claiming it. This will destroy all structures on the island. The cost to raze will be 12k gold on PvP servers and 25k gold on PvE servers. Settlement Owners will need to wait 48 hours to be able to raze an island after claiming it. The raze option will then be available for a 24-hour window only. This option is only functional during peacetime on PvP networks.

Who asked for this? Who needs this? Now not only a company of teenage bullies can raid me into oblivion in a game that revolves around farming, but now they can also foundation wipe me for a measly amount of 12k gold? You already made the situation really bad when you enabled fast decay for settlement owners. 12k gold... They stole that much from me already. You are basically rewarding them for steamrolling me. The amount of (non) thinking you give to these changes are just appalling.

I still think they just need to get rid of claims. They obviously keep making bad choices as far as the claims go so it might be time to look at just removing them. Just saying.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

I still think they just need to get rid of claims. They obviously keep making bad choices as far as the claims go so it might be time to look at just removing them. Just saying.

For someone not actually playing the game but just standing back and observing from the forums and seeing how other players react to systems and changes to them, this isn't the worst idea I've ever seen you put here. Claims certainly seem to be a headache so far. I think land ownership is a far easier thing to navigate from a development perspective for pvp than pve. In pvp saying "If you don't like what someone's built, go destroy it." Is a perfectly workable overall directive. In pve land ownership becomes a thorny problem.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nari said:

This is just as ridiculous as the idea that the regional servers will be merged due to low population from another thread...

Giving people the option to wipe out other people in PvE would sound ridiculous right? Before the update.

Never say never.

Just now, DannyUK said:

Giving people the option to wipe out other people in PvE would sound ridiculous right? Before the update.

Never say never.

Not really no.

It's a one time thing, that you pay for, with a brief window of opportunity only available to new settlements (and only during peacetime in PVP meaning you need a War Token and to win the fight in the first place.). Spam is an issue. Your base might be too big, in the wrong spot, or just ugly and worthy of demolition. It saves on needless development of automated systems that can be tricked/exploited. 

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

For someone not actually playing the game but just standing back and observing from the forums and seeing how other players react to systems and changes to them, this isn't the worst idea I've ever seen you put here. Claims certainly seem to be a headache so far. I think land ownership is a far easier thing to navigate from a development perspective for pvp than pve. In pvp saying "If you don't like what someone's built, go destroy it." Is a perfectly workable overall directive. In pve land ownership becomes a thorny problem.

Oh boomer I have been saying no claims for awhile. I am a big time ark veteran and the building was just fine and that was with a full server of people.

some things you don’t need to play the game to realize to don’t like it and I know you know that.

claims are one thing I know for damn sure I do not like. So far claims seem to be what is causing them most of the troubles. They had the old claim system and had to changed it(requiring a wipe). Then they make varying points for island size since the whole put 1000 flags anywhere didn’t work. That change resulted in bigger companies just taking over small islands because they didn’t want to pay for the biggest islands even though they are the biggest company which still left less room for small companies.

then they did the whole tenant/landlord thing. Not going to bother with this one. And now they are doing raze for even more gold(yay more gold sink).

i have seen them do more changes with just the claim system than they have done with the whole game of ark. I mean Jesus Christ, if you have to change one thing so many times maybe it is time to get rid of it. So much time has been wasted on this one aspect that it is just getting really sad right now.

really hoping claims are gone by the time console releases in December 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nari said:

Not really no.

It's a one time thing, that you pay for, with a brief window of opportunity only available to new settlements (and only during peacetime in PVP meaning you need a War Token and to win the fight in the first place.). Spam is an issue. Your base might be too big, in the wrong spot, or just ugly and worthy of demolition. It saves on needless development of automated systems that can be tricked/exploited. 

PvP yes I'd agree with you but I'm not talking about PvP. PvE is totally different, someone has built up their structures or base on an island and someone comes in to wipe it all out? There is not "winning the fight" in PvE.

I don't agree with this new griefing tool and I know many others don't either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

some things you don’t need to play the game to realize to don’t like it and I know you know that.

While true, it is a LOT harder to give any valuable feedback or suggestions with little to no knowledge of the nuance of gameplay that you lack from never having played the game.

Just now, Nari said:

While true, it is a LOT harder to give any valuable feedback or suggestions with little to no knowledge of the nuance of gameplay that you lack from never having played the game.

Hey, I get where you guys are coming from. Getting rid of claims is pretty valuable feedback. Look how many times they have changed it and then had to change again.

if they spent all that time on new ships types, bug fixes, optimizations, and a lot more content for you guys this would be a pretty damn awesome game. So much wasted time on a bad idea. Take me out of the equation for a second and think about that.

with how much time they have spent messing with claims they could have had plenty of time to get you guys a lot of badass content. Just saying

1 minute ago, DannyUK said:

PvP yes I'd agree with you but I'm not talking about PvP. PvE is totally different, someone has built up their structures or base on an island and someone comes in to wipe it all out? There is not "winning the fight" in PvE.

I don't agree with this new griefing tool and I know many others don't either.

Explain to me how someone just comes in and wipes you in PvE exactly? Are you living on a claimable isle but lack the points to actually do so?

1 minute ago, Realist said:

if they spent all that time on new ships types, bug fixes, optimizations, and a lot more content for you guys this would be a pretty damn awesome game. So much wasted time on a bad idea. Take me out of the equation for a second and think about that.

Waiting for a more polished product is one thing. Thinking you know what's best for the game is another.

2 hours ago, Senkoau said:

I'm still bemused that they thought flotilla's of ships of the damned were a good idea.

They are a good idea.

2 hours ago, Darkweaver said:

This.. is great.  Hope it doesn't get reverted.  25k is abit steep, but it'll be really useful to clean an island you've claimed from a long dead company.  As for pvp.. if you don't like it, play pve.. so many people complain about being bullied in pvp.. but who enjoy bullying others.. in pvp.. bunch of sad losers.

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Nari said:

Explain to me how someone just comes in and wipes you in PvE exactly? Are you living on a claimable isle but lack the points to actually do so?

Waiting for a more polished product is one thing. Thinking you know what's best for the game is another.

So companies who have amounted gold can now have a new toy to play with, they can take over the island and pay the fee and wipe out all structures that has been there before. Bad idea and going from your responses it wouldn't surprise me if you are one of the ones that do this.

It is a trolls toy, I don't agree with it and I never will, you do which is good for you but it won't end well for this game.

3 minutes ago, Martyn said:

This.. is great.  Hope it doesn't get reverted.  25k is abit steep, but it'll be really useful to clean an island you've claimed from a long dead company.

If the company is long dead, then all their structures will magically poof after 10 days.

This feature literally can ONLY hit active companies.  And since in PVE the only time you lose an island is going inactive, it's only intended to punish the previous tenants and settlers

• Thanks 2

So companies who have amounted gold can now have a new toy to play with, they can take over the island and pay the fee and wipe out all structures that has been there before. Bad idea and going from your responses it wouldn't surprise me if you are one of the ones that do this.

It is a trolls toy, I don't agree with it and I never will, you do which is good for you but it won't end well for this game.

ITS MY ISLAND!! I can do with it as I like.  End of.. If I want to clear it up.. I'm paying the rent.. not you.. not anyone else.  You get 48 hours to remove your stuff..

It isn't a trolls toy at all.  If someone is forking out 12-25k.. they are paying for the right, if it's pve or pvp.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Nari said:

Jesus Christ nari. I just said take me out of it for a second. If the claims were a good idea the wouldn’t need to be changed as much as they have. I don’t even care about my personal opinion right now.

they could easily be working on other content that be beneficial to everyone. So far I haven’t seen one person say they don’t want more ship types, maybe it’s time to make more ships? Nah screw it, let’s keep messing with the claims.

Ok... break it down for me. How does one "Take over an island" in PvE???

If I own it you can't. Until I'm inactive. At which point you can,wipe my abandon eyesore, with ease, and take over. For a price. As a one time thing. 48 hours later. And only for a 24 hour window.