Sign in to follow this  
wandelaar

When you raze the island, what happens to your own structures on it?

Does razing destroy everything except the flag?
Do we need to wait with building on our newly acquired island until after we have razed? Or are our own structures excluded from the raze? [scenario1]

In [scenario2] case we allready live on an island that we only now claim, is the choice whether or not to raze handicapped by the fact that our own structures would go up in smoke as well?

Because: IF our own structures are protected THEN reclaiming our existing claim is a way to clean 'house'. Allowing that in this way would be really bad.

Nope, you give them up too. It is in the description. Only for new claims. "after first claiming" and "all structures" On Twitter Jat confirmed your stuff goes bye-bye too.

- Settlement Owners can now raze a settlement after first claiming it. This will destroy all structures on the island. The cost to raze will be 12k gold on PvP servers and 25k gold on PvE servers. Settlement Owners will need to wait 48 hours to be able to raze an island after claiming it. The raze option will then be available for a 24-hour window only. This option is only functional during peacetime on PvP networks.

Edited by UnknownSystemError
  • Thanks 1

I get that for PvP somewhat, but for PvE this is a dealbreaker. Unless you feel like grinding buggy maps to pay for an island you are at risk now all times to lose everything over night. Fun concept. Time to popcorn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grongash said:

I get that for PvP somewhat, but for PvE this is a dealbreaker. Unless you feel like grinding buggy maps to pay for an island you are at risk now all times to lose everything over night. Fun concept. Time to popcorn.

this is so true 

I felt a great disturbance in the Grid Sector, as if the voices of last few hundred PVE-players suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened...

Because 12k/25k gold is nothing and as this basically is the only option a claim owner now has to clean up his claim - especially in PVE - this option will be used almost every time, it is just the cost of doing business...

Will be interesting how that will lower the player numbers even more...
Currently in PVP people who get wiped leave the game more often than not... that is, when the loose some to most of their stuff when they get wiped... now they get literally wiped clean...
And the poor fellows on PVP, with their giant PVE bases that costed them hundreds of hours to design and build - and practically cannot just be moved to another island... - will they start all over again, if their island gets claimed by someone... Hell will it be the new grieving meta, to just claim PVE islands and wipe them, just because we can?

@Devs... how about you make that option more selective and not indiscriminate?
Like the owner can select which players structures he wants to remove and that starts a timer and leaves him time to get out...
Hell, you could leave that option available for the claim owner all the time, helping him keep the island clean all the time and not just once...

Funny how even if you go somewhat in the right direction adjusting game mechanics, you always go over the top destructively with it... like you have no idea how this type of game is actually played and therefore your changes will play out...🙄

snBezwf.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sheepshooter said:

I felt a great disturbance in the Grid Sector, as if the voices of last few hundred PVE-players suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened...

That was the sound of me popcorning a dozen of our bases 😛

Something excellent for once.. gone are the dead bases.. the lag of nobodies.. still affecting the island.  And the leeches.. living on someone elses doorstep.  Paying nothing towards the rent.. If people smashed up their own bases when they quit islands.. there wouldn't be a need for this.  You brought this on your own heads.

40 minutes ago, Martyn said:

If people smashed up their own bases when they quit islands.. there wouldn't be a need for this. 

Hi Martyn, there are plenty of players who clean up just before they leave. It is just so irritatingly visible there are still plenty who don't.
(based on years of being Ark admin on multiple servers)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Something excellent for once.. gone are the dead bases.. the lag of nobodies.. still affecting the island.  And the leeches.. living on someone elses doorstep.  Paying nothing towards the rent.. If people smashed up their own bases when they quit islands.. there wouldn't be a need for this.  You brought this on your own heads.

How are people not paying towards rent when people that do treasure maps pay towards rent?

I find it odd you make these statements considering you do nothing but play the game.

I may have missed it.  But what happens to Tames if an Island is Razed?

While they are on the island,  in Someones Base..   Sure you destory the buildings,  but what happens to the tames?  just no longer protected and on a "claim timer"?

Edited by Dosgimp

2 hours ago, Dosgimp said:

While they are on the island,  in Someones Base..   Sure you destory the buildings,  but what happens to the tames?  just no longer protected and on a "claim timer"?

Devs probably hadn't thought of that yet.  Though I'm sure in PvP that won't be an issue as people will just kill the tames.

From having destroyed hundreds of abandoned/in demolish structures I can tell you what will happen. Some of the tames will fall to the ground if they were up high. A majority of them will just float in the air, requiring people to construct weird ladder/ramps to get close enough to whistle them down. And you can bet those people, pissed off already at losing all their stored resources and builds are just going to leave that spam structure to sit there, negating what the owner just did. So the owner then will need to spend hours on patrol, playing whack-a-mole with pissed off people who are hiding different 3 part structures on "their" island.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dosgimp said:

Tames and NPCs (one located in bases) will just remain vulnerable to wild life on PvE.

I can understand a new owner wanted to get arid of abandoned structures and the structures of the previous owners, but why active tenants?  

The Atlas game devs have constantly struggled to understand why there a solo players and small groups playing their game.  They obviously don't get it and obviously want a game that's 100% about large companies.  Yet catering to the large companies has choked the life out of the game.  I don't expect this to change because of it to change the devs would have to understand the game play experiences that solo players and small groups want.   

I can see the usefulness of a claim system.  Of owning land.  But the devs so far are 0-for-2 in implementation.  

• Like 1

PvE will soon be turned into PvP or grief fest.

The people that lose all their stuff due to someone wiping will either leave the game or make it their mission in game to be a thorn in their side.

It doesn't take alot of resources to make those huge walls and i can see people blocking the company that has trolled them by wiping their stuff.

I guess we will see how it plays out but it won't be good for the game.  

On 7/13/2019 at 9:32 AM, UnknownSystemError said:

Nope, you give them up too. It is in the description. Only for new claims. "after first claiming" and "all structures" On Twitter Jat confirmed your stuff goes bye-bye too.

- Settlement Owners can now raze a settlement after first claiming it. This will destroy all structures on the island. The cost to raze will be 12k gold on PvP servers and 25k gold on PvE servers. Settlement Owners will need to wait 48 hours to be able to raze an island after claiming it. The raze option will then be available for a 24-hour window only. This option is only functional during peacetime on PvP networks.

People already confirmed that you can reclaim with changed company name to raze.

I can see only one way this might be a viable tool..
You claim the island and want to do some clearing , the raze button opens a window listing the companies on the island , including active players in that region.
you do a tour of your new island , noticing that company A is active and has built a small but not intrusive base , they will be great for taxes , you check and see a lot of the companies on your new island are good tenants , but company G has just spammed foundations over most of the beach and travels here once every 10 days to keep them up...
you then choose the companies you want to raze (sending them an in game AND automatically generated email warning) and boom , foundation spammers and trolls are gone , good tenants remain and everyone (save the spammers but they don't have souls anyway) is happy

its still a bloody stupid system..but if you have to have it...

32 minutes ago, Derfel said:

You claim the island and want to do some clearing , the raze button opens a window listing the companies on the island , including active players in that region.
you do a tour of your new island , noticing that company A is active and has built a small but not intrusive base , they will be great for taxes , you check and see a lot of the companies on your new island are good tenants , but company G has just spammed foundations over most of the beach and travels here once every 10 days to keep them up...
you then choose the companies you want to raze (sending them an in game AND automatically generated email warning) and boom , foundation spammers and trolls are gone , good tenants remain and everyone (save the spammers but they don't have souls anyway) is happy

Since all companies have specific ID #'s associated to them,  And so does each structure,  this would be a more ideal way of approaching this..   A sub menu you look,  you select the company in question, then you can destory all specific to that ID #.    A simple One Click wonder button, is not the best option.    

I do Like @Derfel  idea!!

54 minutes ago, Derfel said:

Your suggestion would be a welcome addition for those new landlords actually wanting to play as intended. Unfortunately the player who buys just to grief would ignore this functionality and raze all, and the certainty of their future behavior is the biggest flaw with this mechanic. It’s still a good idea to add it if the devs unreasonably insist on retaining this foolish nuke option though, so thanks for putting it out there.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 3:50 AM, DannyUK said:

PvE will soon be turned into PvP or grief fest.

The people that lose all their stuff due to someone wiping will either leave the game or make it their mission in game to be a thorn in their side.

It doesn't take alot of resources to make those huge walls and i can see people blocking the company that has trolled them by wiping their stuff.

I guess we will see how it plays out but it won't be good for the game.  

No it won’t. And you’ve just pointed out a revenge tactic that the new owner will have little to no long term defense against unless they really enjoy having to delete those walls every day. The chances of this change leading to long term vendettas is high imo.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

No it won’t. And you’ve just pointed out a revenge tactic that the new owner will have little to no long term defense against unless they really enjoy having to delete those walls every day. The chances of this change leading to long term vendettas is high imo.

I've seen it happen even on lawless, I would not find it any different for people taking revenge over being wiped either. I may have pointed out a revenge tactic but it's already most likely been going through their head.

1 minute ago, DannyUK said:

I've seen it happen even on lawless, I would not find it any different for people taking revenge over being wiped either. I may have pointed out a revenge tactic but it's already most likely been going through their head.

Doubtless. To be clear I wasn’t blaming you for pointing it out, but crediting you for bringing it to the devs attention. The fact it will be used is a foregone conclusion based on past events.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Doubtless. To be clear I wasn’t blaming you for pointing it out, but crediting you for bringing it to the devs attention. The fact it will be used is a foregone conclusion based on past events.

The trouble is if people want revenge they will do it any way possible whether it's huge walls or posts in the water which i've also seen. If the devs take notice which I hope they do then good all round.

I'm just interested to see how this new raze feature plays out. With quite alot of people unhappy with it I'd be surprised if they kept it in PvE but who knows anything is possible.

When I first started playing atlas I sailed to 2 owned islands ,the first one was really small with barely any resources but I found a place and built a tiny hut.Next day hut was destroyed by owners and my character had been killed(pve).Next island I sailed to was claimed,so this time I asked if it was ok to build,got loadsa sarcastic and unfunny replies.So I found a small clearing built another hut.Next day hut destroyed by owners and my character killed.Sailed to lawless,still there.No not everyone is gonna have the mentality to use the wipe,however there will be quite a few that will want to,I just see this game mechanic leading to future conflict,personally I think that is the intention,cos even if one large company does it that's still a lotta angry players sailing about with buildings gone.To me pve should remain so,If I wanted that sorta thing to even be possible i'd be on pvp,and pvp'ers don't really need that anyway as they can destroy each others buildings and take over islands if they really want too,yeh it's slower,but it can be done.So the intention must be to cause friction in pve.and like I say no not everyone is gonna use it,but some definitely will.

4 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

The trouble is if people want revenge they will do it any way possible whether it's huge walls or posts in the water which i've also seen. If the devs take notice which I hope they do then good all round.

I'm just interested to see how this new raze feature plays out. With quite alot of people unhappy with it I'd be surprised if they kept it in PvE but who knows anything is possible.

That might lead to an interesting situation where the devs consider putting a post in the water griefing, but do NOT consider destroying some other players entire base to be griefing (and even make a nice mechanic for people to do that)  

I can't imagine any dev group sitting around a conference table talking about this idea (or some of their previous ideas) and nobody raising his hand and saying, "Uh, guys...."  

Well, maybe there's one but they're not listening to him.