Sign in to follow this  
Senkoau

Anyway to revert to an earlier point in single player?

I just found out that "Destroyallenemies" considers my own stuff an enemy and blew up my ship trying to wipe 9 ships of the damned as I was leaving a server in single player. Is there anyway to revert my single player game to say 1 minute earlier where my ships wasn't at the bottom of the ocean?

Also don't use "DESTROYALLENEMIES" in single player as a server wipe.

🙂 That actually allways worked that way: it clears the map of non-players.

It will be nice to discover if Atlas makes a backup copy upon start like Ark does.
Have a look in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedAtlasLocal ... filename in combination with filesize should help decide which files you need.

I would suggest testing if SaveWorld still makes a backup to roll back to for future insurance.

Doesn't appear to there are multiple files there with a .bak counterpart but none of them being renamed brings my ship and lost supplies back. I thought it'd destroy enemies i.e. things not of your tribe/player control.

Anyway I've decided to just uninstall/reinstall the game I'm not losing much on single player (especially with all my resources gone to the bottom of the ocean) and it might fix the semi-regular white UEshooter crash when I try to exit to main menu.

I think I'm just going to copy what I did in Ark and regularly back up the saved game elsewhere so I can replace in case of error. I'm also going to use admin commands of fly/kill when I see flotillas of SotD rather than destroyallenemies. Really I get some people find that a challenge to enjoy but I'm not one of them and with the massive speed penalties over 50% ship weight I'm just going to admin kill them rather than waste my time with a flotilla of enemy ships.

I make a copy of my Saved folder before doing anything risky.  I had heard that destroyallenemies killed your tames too but didn't quite believe it.  So I tried it today AFTER moving a copy of Saved to another disk.  All my tames disappeared.  i didn't notice if my ships also disappeared but they probably did.  Now I have just one serious question to ask.  In what language does the word enemy also include tames?  Seems like someone has a pretty sick sense of humor.  After all anyone who has played ARK for any amount of time has learned the DestroyWildDinos command.  In fact after a major update the ARK devs recommend running this command so that the new dinos show up sooner.  And it just STANDS TO REASEON that destroyallenemies is the ATLAS counterpart.

Followup:  It appears that DestroyWildDinos works in ATLAS too!  Funny thing is that it doesn't destroy a chicken that had recently been attacked by a rattlesnake and was still unconscious at the time of invoking DestroyWildDinos.

Edited by boballama
New Information found

All you have to do with those BAK files is change their name and the BAK to the some things that the original file has. Then that will be the file that the save info is retrieved from. Just that easy. I always pull that file out of there and use copy past then deleted the not wanted file and insert mine.