Archsenex

Devs spent months assuring players they wouldn't lose base when islands change ownership, add I feature to make it more convenient for that to happen...

36 minutes ago, zottel said:

I doubt many Players will use this function tho. Im Not a Fan of this function,however someone Needs to mention some positiv Effekts of this raze. It is a easy Tool for new landlords to use if the settlers And previous owner of an Island left the Game to get rid of all structures And there are Plenty of Islands Which got alot of stuff Build on them which is no longer used. I know some cases where People claimed an Island And were Not even able to Build on it. Also Most People like settlers as they generate free resources And Want to keep them. So as for Most stuff it is a Great Tool in the right Hands And shit in the wrong

If the previous landlords or tenants left the game, their items will naturally decay when they hit the 10 day limit.  Inactive players already vanish,  so this is only going to be usable against active players 

Depends on what you call active, as i know some Islands where the People only come online to Refresh Timers  And then are gone for 9 days. But. Dont like the idea of the raze at all,was just trying to find something positiv

5 minutes ago, zottel said:

Depends on what you call active, as i know some Islands where the People only come online to Refresh Timers  And then are gone for 9 days. But. Dont like the idea of the raze at all,was just trying to find something positiv

The positive side is the ability to clean up spam. The only reason we are getting this is because there is no simple solution to clean up spam, so instead the devs give the players a nuke on PvE to wipe anyone. So basically instead of taking time to continue to think of a more viable solution, they go the whole hog and just say "here's a nuke, have at it".

What I struggle to understand is how the devs can claim this is PvE when they give the tools to players to obliterate islands.

In the end its up to the to the playerbase base Wether to use it or Not. I definitly wont use it. I like our settlers ^^

1 minute ago, zottel said:

In the end its up to the to the playerbase base Wether to use it or Not. I definitly wont use it. I like our settlers ^^

No, in the end it is not a PvE mechanic. Which I'm still waiting for the devs to explain how it fits into a PvE environment.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, zottel said:

Are your settlers willing to risk getting wiped out if you quit?

It's not about current working arrangements, the concern is with the very real fact that people don't play forever.  Islands will change ownership, and since the wipe, the fact that changing ownership won't cause you to lose progress was mentioned several times by the dev's to reassure players.

One players actions in a pve game should not cause another player to lose progress.  That's not an unintended side effect, this feature is literally "hey, we are giving pve players tools to damage each other"

The fact that the tools are specifically designed to ONLY hit active players, since inactive players are automatically cleaned up, further makes it very very strange 

Edited by Archsenex
  • Like 1

I'm also still wondering where the "the response has been mostly positive" comes from... forums it's clearly about 5:1 against..  Twitter and discord as well.

The pvp players like it, sure, and it makes sense as a pvp feature, since it is pvp.  But for pve it's completely off base

• Like 1

Just now, Archsenex said:

I'm also still wondering where the "the response has been mostly positive" comes from... forums it's clearly about 5:1 against..  Twitter and discord as well.

The pvp players like it, sure, and it makes sense as a pvp feature, since it is pvp.  But for pve it's completely off base

The mostly positive comes from PvP players on Discord. I raised my concerns initially on Discord and the majority of people that responded defended it, but guess what they were all PvP players. Why PvP players feel they have a say in PvE and tell PvE players how they should play is beyond me.

But i've not seen any kind of positive response from PvE players besides maybe one or two.

3 hours ago, zottel said:

Nor I.  

It has been the Discord Darlings vs the Forum Fanbois since the beginning. The problem is Discord allows for instant interaction and the person that can shout the loudest gets the most attention. They believed all the full loot pvp brahs about how Atlas needed to be hardcore and fuck those pve carebears. If you only gave us pvp people what we wanted we would have the population to help promote this game into the path to riches you believe it will be. This has been proven to never work in failed game after failed game. Wildstar had the same crowd in the beginning claiming that if they just made the game "hardcore" they would have people maxing out their servers with subs. Where is Wildstar now? Oh yeah. Ded game. Some good advice though would to not put this one on your resume when you end up having to try to get the next job. People remember and most shops would rather bring someone on without the shitty reek of failure through bad decisions onto their next project.

• Like 1

Nothing from the devs so far and prove the community manager never played the game. Im out.

12 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Nothing from the devs so far and prove the community manager never played the game. Im out.

I'm semi-confident something will be done, because there's been quite an outcry over it, at least on the forums, if that means anything.

But i'm aware it was the weekend, so hopefully we'll see something said in the next few days, whether it's too late or not is yet to be seen. But as I say i'm semi-confident something will change.

I am an island owner, with my friends of course, but im the admin, and im courious, where u see that feature to wipe all island structures? Im looking at the flag, im looking in the company tab, but i cant find that raze, where is the raze ? I understand the raze is available on an window of 24 hours after claiming the island, and thats is, no more raze after this window, am i right ?

3 minutes ago, kolonelu said:

I am an island owner, with my friends of course, but im the admin, and im courious, where u see that feature to wipe all island structures? Im looking at the flag, im looking in the company tab, but i cant find that raze, where is the raze ? I understand the raze is available on an window of 24 hours after claiming the island, and thats is, no more raze after this window, am i right ?

Not certain but i suspect it is on the action wheel of the flag when you claim the island, or 48 hours after you claimed the island. The option will only be available for 24 hours.

• Like 1

i find it amusing that the x2 weekend after the "Nuke a PVE island for gold" feature comes out, did not include x2 gold.

5 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I'm semi-confident something will be done, because there's been quite an outcry over it, at least on the forums, if that means anything.

But i'm aware it was the weekend, so hopefully we'll see something said in the next few days, whether it's too late or not is yet to be seen. But as I say i'm semi-confident something will change.

The weekend becomes a much weaker excuse when they release the feature Friday night with about an hours warning from announce to patting themselves on the back for a happy community...

I wish I could build on our island that we own but we can't because people built everywhere on it. Now this island is essentially fucking useless. So glad they allowed the freeloaders to control the game while the people putting in the work to own islands suffer.

28 minutes ago, Korn_Bread said:

I wish I could build on our island that we own but we can't because people built everywhere on it. Now this island is essentially fucking useless. So glad they allowed the freeloaders to control the game while the people putting in the work to own islands suffer.

So you either took an island that was already completely full (then you weren't exactly smart about it) or you didn't remove the stuff they build in time (again, not very smart). Either way, your mistake. So a rather pointless post. And not owning an island doesn't make you a freeloader. If at all, owning one makes you.

Edited by Grongash
  • Thanks 1