Jump to content

Archsenex

Devs spent months assuring players they wouldn't lose base when islands change ownership, add I feature to make it more convenient for that to happen...

Recommended Posts

Seriously?  Nobody in my company can even come close to understanding this one.  The whole premise since wipe was build anywhere, and after 24 hours it's safe.  Now... We cannot risk building on other people's claims.  If our allies quit.., our base can be trivially wiped out?

 

And don't say the gold cost means a thing.  I can earn 25k in a day, solo.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new claiming system after the wipe was a fail from the beginning.

A revised claim flag system would have been way better. Limited flags, non overlapping sea claims, period.

Now we got pillar spam, 24h of fear and on top the whole island can be wiped.

 

What if 2 befriended companys take turns in owning an island to farm settlers? Oh we didn´t see that coming, we will work on that issue for weeks to present another half baked fix...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad i'm not the only one that's been raising their concerns about this.

This type of mechanic has no place in a PvE environment. The devs have literally made it possible for everyone on an island on PvE to be wiped at any time way longer beyond the initial 12 or 24 hours like they promised us originally.

This is a major griefing tactic that needs to be pulled back out of PvE and re-thought before a new design implemented to achieve the desired result.

It needs to go because the moment someone griefs an entire busy island on PvE that is a lot of players done with the game.

A dev wipe of official network I can live with, but a player griefing an entire island on PvE just because THEY CAN? Absolutely not.

@Dollie @Jatheish This needs to go before it is too late.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

wow what are the devs of this game trying to do to their game , this has to the most ridiculous idea ever implemented in a survival pve game mode ever , please @Dollie @Jatheish where did this idea come from , and how did you think it was a good one ?

 

adding to this since the point change the island i decided to settle on has had 3 owners 😕 so im going to go out on a limb and say next owners WILL raze the island , everything i and others built up will be gone 😕 

 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is a dealbreaker for me. I dealt with the fact that i can only be away for 7 days max (that alone is a joke for PvE), the bugs, the lack of attention of the developers for the real problems... But for PvE you shouldnt have to worry to lose all your stuff over night without any way to combat it. It is all the "content" this game has anyways. If this doesn't get changed for PvE im out for good.

Edited by Grongash
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tames - 8 days
Structures - 10 days
Ships - 21 days (but majorly bugged)

Owners can demolish structures within 24 hours of placement.

 

Now, a lot of players had concerns regarding islands being claimable on PvE by one person. The initial concern was that they can build, but for the first 24 hours there is a risk of the owner destroying their work.... weird for PvE but it was generally excepted, mainly because most people decided on PvE to settle on lawless.

Claimed islands on PvE also had taxes as well, which people weren't happy with, but most settled for it because they settled on lawless instead.

Very little incentive at all to settle on claimed islands.

Then lawless structure timers increased to 10 days from 4 days, resulting in even less incentive for players to move from lawless to claimed islands.

 

Then taxes became additive on PvE. This had little effect on incentive for people to settle on claimed islands.

 

But all was generally good with the way it was. I've asked repeatedly for the timers of tames and structures to be slightly increased to 14 or 15 days to incorporate Europe's average holiday, and at least increase tame timers to match structures.... all of it completely disregarded and never changed.

So a new major griefing mechanic is implemented into PvE whereby a player simply needs to save up 25k gold, which many will have by now what with the time we've had and also the 2x gold mythos weekends. Also a cooldown between claiming the island and demolishing the entire island.... wow a cooldown, that's gone stop people griefing! /s

 

So now, besides the initial 24 hours building on claimed land, and the short 10 days structure timer that any solo player based in Europe becomes screwed if they go on a 2 week holiday they decided to add a "wipe an island anytime" mechanic that can result in other players griefing entire islands and wiping entire months of work in a Player VS Environment world.

This reduces the incentive of people moving from lawless to claimed islands to zero.

This is yet another rushed thought, that may work well on PvP, but is the complete opposite meaning of PvE. I understand that managing abandoned structures and structure spam is difficult, particularly in PvE, but coming out with solutions that empower players to majorly grief entire islands is poor thought management and hasty implementation.

Again, it needs to be removed from PvE like other things have been removed based on player feedback.

I will be gone the moment someone decides to grief the entire island i'm on. Even ARK PvE doesn't have this.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed it is a bad move. Decisions like this only make me realise what i already know that the game is in the wrong hands.

They want more people to come back, ok they reduce the price of the game on sale then they do things like this  baffles me it really does.

Im glad i left PvE when i did, they will get to a point where only a handful play PvE and wonder is it worth the cost of running it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes!! Finally something we need devs! Waiting for this to happen since launchday. Really appreciate all fixed bugs and hard work you guys put into the game, now it's time to implement this FANTASTIC new feat.

 

Sigh...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PVE always was and always will be an afterthought. They knew that if they billed it as a pvp offline raid title they would get a pittance of the custom they got during the bogus trailer hype. All gameplay decisions have been made to appease a very small minority of bros, the animals they have released---pvp centric.(APC/Fire truck/Poison armor ignore incoming),

and it will not change. If this had been a sub game, they would have had to cater to what the masses wanted, but as b2p you get what they are willing to give. My tinfoil is that it is a calculated move to drive even more to single player and the new mini-servers, once it gets to that point, close official and save that cost all the while crying crocodile tears about how they were misunderstood. They are just trying to hold on long enough to get past the Xbone people so they can quick cash grab then outtie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

 

They are just trying to hold on long enough to get past the Xbone people so they can quick cash grab then outtie.

i'd guess you are not far wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

PVE always was and always will be an afterthought. They knew that if they billed it as a pvp offline raid title they would get a pittance of the custom they got during the bogus trailer hype. All gameplay decisions have been made to appease a very small minority of bros, the animals they have released---pvp centric.(APC/Fire truck/Poison armor ignore incoming),

and it will not change. If this had been a sub game, they would have had to cater to what the masses wanted, but as b2p you get what they are willing to give. My tinfoil is that it is a calculated move to drive even more to single player and the new mini-servers, once it gets to that point, close official and save that cost all the while crying crocodile tears about how they were misunderstood. They are just trying to hold on long enough to get past the Xbone people so they can quick cash grab then outtie.

I'll raise you with the following;

-PvE will never make it out of EA state, better yet, expect a full wipe AND a merger with PvP (zones) in the future.

-All things PvE players want/wish/ask for is NOT going to happen, unless it is needed on PvP.

-ARK logic allover. And get used to this, because PvE is like a little, nagging child for the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

I'll raise you with the following;

-PvE will never make it out of EA state, better yet, expect a full wipe AND a merger with PvP (zones) in the future.

-All things PvE players want/wish/ask for is NOT going to happen, unless it is needed on PvP.

-ARK logic allover. And get used to this, because PvE is like a little, nagging child for the team.

Yep, and that nagging child puts up higher numbers than the PVP side. At least for EU. PVE NA usually hovers about half of PVP NA. These are not my feelings. The data can be tracked up to the minute by just looking here. https://atlas.hgn.hu/

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnknownSystemError said:

Yep, and that nagging child puts up higher numbers than the PVP side. At least for EU. PVE NA usually hovers about half of PVP NA. These are not my feelings. The data can be tracked up to the minute by just looking here. https://atlas.hgn.hu/

 

It proves how little they understand or care about their playerbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit, I did a double take when I read this one! 

I do have a fair amount of faith In These devs, as although they may struggle with the mechanics some time, they have built an amazing world.

 

but this... what were they thinking??? Months and months persuading smaller groups of people to move away from lawless and Settle elsewhere then this....

although we own an island, we have outposts all over the atlas, one in particular is a large hub for us that has grown massively. We had a good relationship with the original island owners as we imported stuff for them. They’ve long gone inactive and the island has changed hands twice already! Next time it’s almost certainly going to get razed.

also, island flipping, let’s say if the game was busy enough due to people coming back and settlers were a common occurrence. What’s to stop 2 companies intentionally flipping an island  once a month to intentionally farm settlers. There would be outrage! 

Also, PVE is more likely to have grand builds and long standing established bases. Hence more to loose. I also don’t get the devs tendency to treat PVE like the unwanted stepchild. PVE is half their playerbase on average across the 4 servers. 

When you google atlas and see an impressive build, it’s good advertising, but you can also be relatively certain it was built in PVE. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TerrorTrooper said:

When you google atlas and see an impressive build, it’s good advertising, but you can also be relatively certain it was built in PVE. 

I'd like to see them put a big focus on the raze mechanic for PvE in their release trailer for Mega Update 3, i'm sure that trailer will encourage people to play more. /s

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed! 😂

i honestly can’t fathom the mentality of this one. 

Mall the shorter timers I’m all for as island owners should have a means of “housekeeping” in terms of spam and abandoned structures, but  essentially carpet bombing from shore to shore is a bit much! With such a small community I can’t see it being much of an issue if I’m honest as land certainly isn’t scarce anymore. But if the server populations were perhaps 3 or 4 times what they are now, I reckon the forums would be full of unbridled rage in a week.

 

Hey! Carpet bombing! That actually sounds like fun! 

5 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I'd like to see them put a big focus on the raze mechanic for PvE in their release trailer for Mega Update 3, i'm sure that trailer will encourage people to play more. /s

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for the ones who live on these islands right now, it's like waiting for your death sentence, you know it's coming.

They will most likely leave the game altogether and come back to it in a year to see how it is then. They may even just play single player as you will have little problems there and can feel safer.

Lets just hope they stop it at the 11th hour for their sakes, although I won't hold my breath. The clock is ticking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, this + the fact that the biggest PVE content addition... won't be coming to official PVE.. makes me, without hyperbole or exaggeration, wonder if their goal is to make the PVE networks so untenable that they can just shut down the official PVE.  They clearly don't want to be running so many networks, and they can just shunt the responsibility off on Non-officials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Honestly, this + the fact that the biggest PVE content addition... won't be coming to official PVE.. makes me, without hyperbole or exaggeration, wonder if their goal is to make the PVE networks so untenable that they can just shut down the official PVE.  They clearly don't want to be running so many networks, and they can just shunt the responsibility off on Non-officials.

I strongly suspect that if they introduced the NPC Pirate Encampments to official servers it will require a complete wipe of official servers. I suspect that is the reason for holding off for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I strongly suspect that if they introduced the NPC Pirate Encampments to official servers it will require a complete wipe of official servers. I suspect that is the reason for holding off for now.

Yes, that makes sense. Still weird that the first actual PvE content wont make it to the official Servers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Is it true, that a raze will destroy ships in settlement range as well?

 

Nope, that was asked and answered by Jat earlier. Only structures.

6 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I strongly suspect that if they introduced the NPC Pirate Encampments to official servers it will require a complete wipe of official servers. I suspect that is the reason for holding off for now.

Spot on.

It will also be the reason for the next wipe to put PvE and PvP together. I hope they have the decency to let us keep characters. 

To be honest, I hardly doubt that the PvE community will be heard. On the other hand, it is ea. Thats the main thing they will throw at us.

Like the skin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Nope, that was asked and answered by Jat earlier. Only structures.

Sorry, looks like i overseen it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt many Players will use this function tho. Im Not a Fan of this function,however someone Needs to mention some positiv Effekts of this raze. It is a easy Tool for new landlords to use if the settlers And previous owner of an Island left the Game to get rid of all structures And there are Plenty of Islands Which got alot of stuff Build on them which is no longer used. I know some cases where People claimed an Island And were Not even able to Build on it. Also Most People like settlers as they generate free resources And Want to keep them. So as for Most stuff it is a Great Tool in the right Hands And shit in the wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×