Dosgimp

Anymore Confused???

With a claim system designed on purpose to allow people to make each other unhappy, how else do you expand that except by giving each group more ways to make each other unhappy?  

Since you can't directly harm another player in pve, they're doing their damndest to include any passive-aggressive method possible for it.

We've done the exercise before of making a list of all the ways landowners can grief settlers and settlers can grief landowners.  This just adds another big item to the list.  

In the interests of balance, they should allow settlers to randomly destroy a landowner structure every 16th day or something.

6 hours ago, Kidori said:

It also means with my 500k gold I have no use for and the increased island points we have I could just go around griefing people, claiming unclaimed islands for 2 days and wiping out everyone that lives there.

This.

I can understand the issue of structure spam is an issue that has no perfect solution, particularly for PvE. We've all known this from ARK's experience too.

But the solution is not to give the players in PvE a nuke, and say "have at it".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

So far it sounds like you understand what it's saying just fine, you just don't like it. Can't entirely blame you. Prices seem steep, especially for a development team that keeps making noises about being more small clan friendly and then leaving their players wondering when exactly that's gonna happen.

My own question about this is why is this a completely flat fee across the board without taking into account island size, which is certainly a factor otherwise in cost of purchase, or how extensive a wipe will be. Smaller islands should imo cost less than these prices as well as islands where the wipe cleanses fewer structures.

You should know they don’t fully think things through by now.

you are definitely right though. It shouldn’t be a flat fee.

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I can understand the issue of structure spam is an issue that has no perfect solution, particularly for PvE. We've all known this from ARK's experience too.

But the solution is not to give the players in PvE a nuke, and say "have at it".

This. 

I have contemplated this change in deep meditation overnight (no I wasn't just sleeping, quiet you) and have decided that while acknowledging this change is an attempt to address a potential issue in the game, I don't think this is the way to go.  Settlers need to have more security than this leaves them, and I don't say this because I am a settler (who so far has had zero issues with anything related to being one), I say it because the point about needing a reason to settle claimable instead of lawless is a legitimate one, and this change strongly disincentivizes settling by creating an ever present overwhelming risk to doing so.

Bad decisions keep being made in regards to fixing spam and claims!

The original system had its problems but made much more sense.

Sometimes you have to revert back to the old when you realize the new idea didn’t quite work out...like when they tried to remake Coca Cola and then made it back to the original!

1 hour ago, Captain Stabbin said:

Bad decisions keep being made in regards to fixing spam and claims!

The original system had its problems but made much more sense.

Sometimes you have to revert back to the old when you realize the new idea didn’t quite work out...like when they tried to remake Coca Cola and then made it back to the original!

very true. I just wish they had reverted all the way back to the version of Coke that had actual cocaine in it. 😜

• Haha 1

they had better hurry up and take it back out or by monday evening there will be a lot of pissed players 😛 

3 hours ago, UDO said:

they had better hurry up and take it back out or by monday evening there will be a lot of more pissed off players 😛 

Fixed.

Why is pve being told to pay more than double pvp? Not all pvpers have large sums of gold. I have claimed land and would not dream of hitting my settlers like this. It would make far more sense if only those buildings created by the original owner was destroyed, or as someone else suggested create a whitelist of active tenants so they could be protected

35 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

Why is pve being told to pay more than double pvp? Not all pvpers have large sums of gold. I have claimed land and would not dream of hitting my settlers like this. It would make far more sense if only those buildings created by the original owner was destroyed, or as someone else suggested create a whitelist of active tenants so they could be protected

They've increased the amount of gold for PvE because it's a poor attempt at making it less worthwhile to grief players. As if a few more gold will stop people committing PvP actions in a PvE environment.