Sign in to follow this  
UDO

stupid ship decay mechanics ,

logged in today to see galleon / and 2 brigs gone , why do ships decay if we dont raise the anchor ?i know its a known mechanic but what is the actual time scale ,  tames don't go poof if we render them , buildings don't go poof , so why do ships ? ships that have items , crew, resources, on them ,? devs this needs to change , this affects smaller companies that don't use all their ships all the time , 

each of my 4 ships have(or should i say had ) their own uses with different skill points assigned , just because i don't use them all the time they should not be disappearing along with everything that was on them , 

Edited by UDO

1 hour ago, UDO said:

logged in today to see galleon / and 2 brigs gone , why do ships decay if we dont raise the anchor ?i know its a known mechanic but what is the actual time scale ,  tames don't go poof if we render them , buildings don't go poof , so why do ships ? ships that have items , crew, resources, on them ,? devs this needs to change , this affects smaller companies that don't use all their ships all the time , 

each of my 4 ships have(or should i say had ) their own uses with different skill points assigned , just because i don't use them all the time they should not be disappearing along with everything that was on them , 

Logging n once a week and not doing anything is why

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Luxfere said:

Logging n once a week and not doing anything is why

u didnt read my post then ? try again , 

3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

What we need is decay timers displayed on ships like structures do, that would help clear up some of the confusion so people know if the activity they done has refreshed timers.

for the entire ship along with all contents , is a bit too hars , 3 ships gone galleon for farming runs , brig for sotd hunting and mobile base brig, all gone because i didnt what ? raise the anchor , sail them enough , board them enough , despite playing the game at least daily / every other day 

Must say I agree with the original poster, not seen the post previously, my group "had" quite a few ships in harbour, we have been all been jumping back to main base to top up troughs and since the new flag feeder, the flag so not physically needing to board all of the ships, lost  7  ships a mix of brigs and sloops, but mainly brigs and 2 subs, ironically we have 1 ship on an island that's not been touched for months as we pulled the crew off to another ship and left it sat there as easer than pulling back to main base, that still sat there.

New flag QOL great news but for the love of god reset the timers on all the ships when a group member is in the area, or its a case of having to board each and every one, kind of makes the QOL change pointless as in I still have to say a personal hello to each ship  😞