AntonyVW

Single player crashing at startup

Single player map (not solo).
Game has played with few issues until now. Played ok this morning but when I came to log back in this afternoon, the game just constantly crashes. I select single player get to the screen where you can set the parameters for the game, click on play and screen goes to loading screen, goes black and then back to loading screen. (This is what I normally see). Then the game just crashes back to desktop. No crash report is generated, (last one was generated several days ago). Apart from deleting all the single player data and restarting I can not see a way past this point. Multiplayer game plays ok without problem so its only related to the single player game.

• Like 1

Update. 
Deleted single player saved game data. Less than 24 hours later back to same position. Game aborting before loading has completed. No error messages given again.

13 hours ago, AntonyVW said:

Update. 
Deleted single player saved game data. Less than 24 hours later back to same position. Game aborting before loading has completed. No error messages given again.

I have the same issue ,game load ocean map to nearly 75% and then crashes.

Our dedicated servers run fine.

Any fixes?

Exact same problem - crashes loading ocean map today worked fine last night. 

Can logon to my unofficial dedicated server just fine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am also having this issue. Singleplayer loaded up just fine yesterday, I haven't tried playing the game all day until just now and it does the same as @krazmuze. It loads as usual and then when it gets to loading Ocean, it goes black and just dumps me right to the desktop. Game was working yesterday for, all day in fact. I don't know if an update broke something, but its now no longer loading my singleplayer for me.

EDIT: (Just FYI, not running any mods, and never have, still just getting used to the game at this point)

removed the log because I was mistaken, the error showed is not part of this crash, it doesn't record anything in the logs for the crash.

Edited by vackillers

Would it be possible for you guys to zip up your SavedAtlasLocal folder and send it to me? Jat@studiowildcard.com - I'll check it out 🙂

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I have the same problem

the Game crash in single player, after charge   Ocean

Edited by Luis

Thanks for the email guys. I received 4 in total and all of the crashes are not reproducing on our latest version of Single Player and Non-Dedicated Mode. I was able to load every single save file. It's likely with our most recent batch of changes that this has been fixed. This patch will be deployed sometime within the next 48 hours I imagine -- and will have a bunch more SP related fixes too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry Jat but my Singleplayer is still Borked. It crashes to desktop at the exact same spot after the new update. I tried to load up the Non Dedicated server for it too and its still doing the same thing, once it tries to load ocean, black screen and crash back to desktop so I'm guessing the Non Dedicated server and Singleplayer share the same game world?

Found a fix but not a great one, I deleted my "LastGridCoord_76561197972504706" file and was able to load in, though my map exploration was vanished, and I had to respawn at another freeport. Once I got back to my base, I could see my "other" character sleeping so i guess it created another copy of my old character? and some of the boats were completely disappeared with the stuff I made floating in the air

.y4m-qxvl3z1rWCvKrJxOXcIP6D6wFYeqPhiTLz6t

y4mxoSgIHUG8UGtBqt9DXdrf8f_E8IZL4f3lPi3I

y4mQWfsHSXb2hryUr-goAhqah2AEI4_RlJP4-9VZ

Hope this helps.

Edited by vackillers
adding screenshots
  • Thanks 1

Just thought I'd say my game used to crash every time I started up.then I booted in low memory mode and it's been fine since then,sometimes I still have to re-connect when it times out on me.Don't know if you've tried that yet.

Trying to load with low memory mode pretty much instantly crashes second I click to load singleplayer, I also tried without battleye and avast disabled incase it was that blocking it as well which made no difference sadly

Posted (edited)

I'm gutted for you,I hope it gets fixed,you're also in the exact same place as me on the map too.

Sorry no you're one island left of me

Edited by Whitehawk

Hello

new versión 211.1. And the problem continúe 

In  both, single player and host,   the game crash

Are you guys able to upload your most recent crashlogs? You can find them in this save folder:

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\Logs

It'll be the .crashstack files. We should hopefully be able to identify what's happening with those error messages.

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 12:35 PM, Jatheish said:

Would it be possible for you guys to zip up your SavedAtlasLocal folder and send it to me? Jat@studiowildcard.com - I'll check it out 🙂

sent.  Currently playing Conan Exiles instead so pop up the thread if a patch with fix is released.  As noted already in the log the crash is hard it does not even create a crashstack

Also confirm todays version with coop still crashes

Edited by krazmuze

Posted (edited)

Sent my .crashtack

PATH installed 211.15  (Rev 116518)

Edited by Luis

4 hours ago, Luis said:

Sent my .crashtack

PATH installed 211.15  (Rev 116518)

Are you sure this crashstacks are for this bug, you might have old crashes in the folder you are sending.  Clean out the folder and this crash saves nothing there.

• Like 1

Yup, still crashing to desktop also. None of my .crashtacks are for this crash.. Can send the saved atlas local folder if it's still relevant?

Hi guys.

I have same problem with loading...i play (single player) game and everything is be ok but yesterday... when i stop play and i back in game later...i start  game..and when start loading...and start loading ocean...kick me from loading screen to desktop...and i don't get any error just close game.

I try verifying game, restart steam, restart pc, check drivers, i remove workshop mod...nothing help.

Any suggestion...or we must wait patch fix?

I want badly play this game..i like it so much :))

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, niza said:

Hi guys.

I have same problem with loading...i play (single player) game and everything is be ok but yesterday... when i stop play and i back in game later...i start  game..and when start loading...and start loading ocean...kick me from loading screen to desktop...and i don't get any error just close game.

I try verifying game, restart steam, restart pc, check drivers, i remove workshop mod...nothing help.

Any suggestion...or we must wait patch fix?

I want badly play this game..i like it so much :))

Only thing I found that worked for me right now, is deleting the "LastGridCoord" file thats inside your ATLAS/ShooterGame/Save/SavedAtlasLocal folder. You will have to respawn at a freeport and then find you're way back to your base/home but at least it'll work for you. Just get into a habbit to backup your save game when you finish playing so if an update breaks it you can revert back to a working save.

This is not a fix, just a work-around to back into your save game.

Edited by vackillers
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hey guys!

Unfortunately no improvement through the last 2 patches - SP crashes furthermore for about 1week. The crashes are hard - without logs.

I sent my "SavedAtlasLocal" folder to the Grapeshot Admin Jat and he replied :

"So this looks like it should be resolved in our next patch to go out with Non-Dedi Mode.I'm able to load your savefile on my latest version of the game (not released to the public yet)."

I assume after Patch 211.21 you could delete all previous save game "ocean" and "LastGridCoord" files( backup on another data media,for safety) and start over by creating a new pathfinder.That should work.

Edited by Terra Incocnita

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, vackillers said:

Only thing I found that worked for me right now, is deleting the "LastGridCoord" file thats inside your ATLAS/ShooterGame/Save/SavedAtlasLocal folder. You will have to respawn at a freeport and then find you're way back to your base/home but at least it'll work for you. Just get into a habbit to backup your save game when you finish playing so if an update breaks it you can revert back to a working save.

This is not a fix, just a work-around to back into your save game.

Many thanks @Vackillers ! :classic_biggrin: I tried it.

(Your post has overlapped with mine)My current game status is exactly as you described it:

I spawned at my starting freeport(had a bed left) and now i've to find my way back to the old base and then i'll see how the rest works out.

Edit : 

I reached my old base.Everything is ok, except for some smaller and already known bugs.

Edited by Terra Incocnita
  • Like 1