Sign in to follow this  
Adakos

Ships Stop Gaining EXP Early - Manufactured in Shipyards from Blueprints

We have noticed a potential bug on our unofficial server. When ships are created from a shipyard built from a looted blueprint their level cap seems to be lowered to the amount of levels that shipyard would add to their natural cap. 

Example: A galleon made in a journeyman shipyard capped out at level 4. It is .1 exp from level 5, but will not gain any additional experience. Sailing around, looting flotsam, smashing Ships of the Damned, nothing seems to allow it to gain exp.

A schooner made in a mastercraft shipyard capped out at level 11 with the same issues as indicated above. Ships created in normal shipyards, or ships loaded by the spawn command do not seem to have this issue.

Really? No one else has seen this? Or is the community just this dead?

Just noticed this happening today and it took a bit to figure out wtf was going on. Our mythical shipyard has been gradually losing hp to various things (punches, sharks, wolves) and the actual hp of the shipyard has been affecting the quality of the boats made. You have to fully repair your boosted quality shipyards every time you make a boat to get the full benefit from them. Not sure if working as intended or a bug.

I don't think this is the issue for us. I placed one down fresh and built a schooner in a few minutes and it stopped leveling at 4. No amount of driving it around or using commands to add exp to the ship made it gain that 1 exp needed for level 4.

@Adakos

Sorry I'm really late on this.  Have you happened to have increased "OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino"? 

A while back it was discovered if this was increased on an unofficial server it would increase the amount of levels that a ship would get after build.  To my testing at one time it capped out at 72 total levels. This is significantly higher than default and to my information much higher than even the best upgraded shipyard from a blueprint.

When the blueprints for upgraded shipyards were added to the game for the servers with the already increased level  setting (including ours)  the ships made with the upgraded bps would stop gaining xp at a certain level. I never could find a fix for this.  I also haven't been able to find away to increase ship levels after build exactly (For instance with an xp leveling chart.)  The conclusion we came to was that if we lowered the "OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino" the highest level shipyard BP would not come close to the added 72 (approx) levels after build that we had on our server.   The imperfect answer was to tell people not to use upgraded shipyard BPs.

Hopefully someone else has even more information.  

The most ideal thing for server owners would be settings to allow us to set the exact level after build for ships by default.  Plus  allow upgraded BPs to increase that number without it bugging out ships made from upgraded shipyards.