FatalCrazy

Single player mods

I'm impressed with how many cool mods the single player can be playable.
This island is M6.

What I like most is bringing many ARK monsters into the world of ATLAS.

1725278668_mode2.jpg.af78441c031e18035df6e6c1a9f989f9.jpg

Edited by FatalCrazy

That's one of the mods I use, and it's very clever. There are some good building mods too.

9 hours ago, Coggage said:

That's one of the mods I use, and it's very clever. There are some good building mods too.

Can you recommend any?

Atlas Architect is one I really like.  It has new parts to build and has a 1x1 Smithy, Loom, Tannery and Forge, so even a sloop could have them on board.  Medium Gates is another one I like, as those stupid-looking gigantic gates in the vanilla game are FAR too big for the animals in this game.  They're for Brontos in Ark!   I have Better Bridges installed, which can make bridges 50 foundations long with no central support, but I haven't found anywhere suitable to build one as yet.  🙂

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 10:08 AM, Coggage said:

Atlas Architect is one I really like. 

I just started using this one yesterday. I haven't used the stations yet (I use the small stations from Peachy Ship Decor at the moment) but I love being able to use ship-style wood building pieces on land. I'm looking forward to using the wooden archways when I build my dock.

4B100563924EC63088067E3DCA3845853F50BF6FI'm also using Better Cages and Traps. The cages are saving me from leaving box traps all over because let's be honest, I'm lazy and in SP there's no one to make me clean them up after I tame something.

I've only run into one issue when using mods. If you have more than one that adds their skill to the top row of the Construction tree, there's a high chance of it crashing the game when you try to unlock the skill. It doesn't seem to be specific to certain mods, only where they are on the tree. Anything that's not on that top row, I've had no issues with.

Edited by Mahnogard
added image

2 hours ago, Mahnogard said:

I just started using this one yesterday. I haven't used the stations yet (I use the small stations from Peachy Ship Decor at the moment) but I love being able to use ship-style wood building pieces on land. I'm looking forward to using the wooden archways when I build my dock.

I'm also using Better Cages and Traps. The cages are saving me from leaving box traps all over because let's be honest, I'm lazy and in SP there's no one to make me clean them up after I tame something.

I've only run into one issue when using mods. If you have more than one that adds their skill to the top row of the Construction tree, there's a high chance of it crashing the game when you try to unlock the skill. It doesn't seem to be specific to certain mods, only where they are on the tree. Anything that's not on that top row, I've had no issues with.

Yep this happened to me also.  I had to remove some of the mods to make it stop.