Economy is the key to success for atlas:
-marketplaces on freeports to sell resources, items, ships and tames

And serverwide connection of those stores (ex: all 4 stores in a Freeport server share the same goods etc) 

So people have more acces points and blocking is not that easy

If this results in massive server overpopulation you can split freeports servers into 4 own server (triangles) 

-storehouse on freeports for companies (and private) where people can bring their stuff and store gold and from which transactions are calculated

-gold generation! More ways for gold to get into the game

-gold consumption! (maybe companies have to pay for the amount of crewmembers, a big safe (structure) to store money for company <= only one per comp) great for smaller ones and big company size is expensive, need for more interactions 

-blackboard in freeports for comps to recruit new players and new players find comps for joining or renting) 

This is important, finding a safe place to life should not be a long and frustrating procedure

-private message ability: pigeons maybe + pigeon house where messages can be read

Comes with the blackboard, people must have a way to contact those companies who offer recruitment or renting 

-and a tavern on freeports where you can buy Crewmember that spawn ON your ship, there is no need at all that they spawn in the middle of the island and have to follow us, especially if the freeports get more crowded. Crewmember selling guy asking on which ship you want to have them and if you buy them they will be there

-if above is implemented QUIT farming events like x4 to not f**k up economy!
Why? Because this is not ark, even it feels like it it got special needs to work, it's an MMO(Interaction) where the first M stands for Massive what means 'a lot' and so there needs to be a lot of interactions available (especially some not completely frustrating ones)

And why economy in a pirate game? Because there is no piracy without economy.. Think about history ^^

Atm people have no reason to drive with a ship other than discovering or treasure maps, travels are long and not even exciting, encounters are rare and if then totally random. With economy you can calculate an encounter of you wish to have one, you can set traps or patrol routes of trading ships. And if lucky you will also get a reward for being a pirate! And you also have a reason to use ships which rizes the traffic on the seas because people want to get their peace of the trading cake and sell their resources or maybe they want to buy a super nice blueprint ship? Or a bred tiger! This economy change forces people to get out there for a reason, and make some money with what they have on their own island, perfect 😄

I tried to think about all the content to fit into the game as it already is so that there is no need of another wipe

With those things implemented there are a lot of new opportunities even for new players and for smaller comps

Edited by Two legged Joe Nine Finger
Not yet complete
  • Like 9

Linking player shops placed on claimed land (owner or non) to auction houses in the correct located freeport would net the most return I think. Giving another reason to build/live on claimed land even if it is not yours, pushing those in lawless to move on (PvE issues).  This would also boost economy overall.

I hope they take this feedback and implement it. Giving us an eco system that pushes players to both play and travel would be ideal.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, reflecingx said:

Linking player shops placed on claimed land (owner or non) to auction houses in the correct located freeport would net the most return I think. Giving another reason to build/live on claimed land even if it is not yours, pushing those in lawless to move on (PvE issues).  This would also boost economy overall.

I hope they take this feedback and implement it. Giving us an eco system that pushes players to both play and travel would be ideal.

Yes, information about the closest Freeport via an item shop is a good idea, but transaction must be done in Freeport so you have the need to go there 😉

All in all more information must be accesable, like crewstatistics, how much gold consumed per island etc

• Like 1

All the necessary logistics for trading came already with the last mega update, which was very nice! 

Cargo racks and saddles are the perfect prerequirement for a good trading 

Bigger Freeport structures (especially the market must be big and acessable from a wide place, NOT ONLY A SINGLE NPC) will probably be necessary and bigger docks, maybe even fix anchor places? 

And ramps for easy loading Into cargo racks xD

• Like 1

Advanced issues found

On 7/11/2019 at 9:08 AM, Two legged Joe Nine Finger said:

Atm people have no reason to drive with a ship other than discovering or treasure maps, travels are long and not even exciting, encounters are rare and if then totally random. With economy you can calculate an encounter of you wish to have one, you can set traps or patrol routes of trading ships. And if lucky you will also get a reward for being a pirate! And you also have a reason to use ships which rizes the traffic on the seas because people want to get their peace of the trading cake and sell their resources or maybe they want to buy a super nice blueprint ship? Or a bred tiger! This economy change forces people to get out there for a reason, and make some money with what they have on their own island, perfect 😄

I am back for now till it gets boring again and I am starting to feel it. But I agree with your whole post! It's very relevant to what people have been say since day one. It's like they are trying to make ARK MMO and I did not care for ARK story way just goofy and let's play with our dino that looks like it got into Arnold Schwarzenegger's steroids and looks so mean "but it's tame!", ridiculous I tell you! The part about, " travels are long and not even exciting" YES!, that is STILL true. I always hope others will steer so I can leave for a while or we end up arrowing each other in the face or grappling one and other. It's this grind that makes me want to jump ship again.

True, but imagine you just came back from Freeport with a lot of stuff, you will be excited! Because there will be pirates that are waiting for your loot and you have to be prepared, maybe have a small ship driving to explore the way

There will be a reason to keep an eye open because people know you have something on board, and maybe someone saw you leave to the West ;D

(and there will finally be a reason to use that piracy skill to look into a box!!!) 

I'll support this 100%. The x2 x3 or x4 events will kill the economy after the game will released. I like ur idea's. I hope grapeshot  have something on it list like that

On 7/11/2019 at 6:08 PM, Two legged Joe Nine Finger said:

Sorry, but thats nonsense and I dont know where to start to explain.

Maybe with the overall working of an "ingame economy" and the super important factor of "value influx vs. value outflow", inflation and deflation. Theres some good sources on the interwebz.

If you have no understanding of those fundamentals there is no way you can make any substancial suggestion about the games economy. Problem is your suggestions would just ride the ingame economy into super inflation in no time. No offense intended.

Edited by Artist

Dollie and jat and them dont care about our ideas ive gathered that a long time ago. NOT unless it aligns with there own vision ofc. Like you said there is no reason to sail around besides a few key mentions. It takes way too long is the main issue aka grindy which is what the key note here is about this game. its too grindy in its current form to be a long game.. i know that sounds wrong but for me the extended grind scares people away they give up. especially on pvp side.. to even be somewhat successful  youll have to get lvl 20 and have guns unlocked and artillery and metalsmith.. it takes time to get to that point its not something you can get to easily within a few days enough to defend yourself from raids. skills are way too grindy to achieve . plus the fact that a 52 level soft cap needing discoveries to get to 150 lol nobody got time for all that BS.. just like eating to keep vits and balance your food.. nobody got that time either just die and respawn. even if you have the food depletions learned and over eating learned your still got no time..atlas in current stage is too boring.. to grindy. and devs dont care... granted i play and still play as i write this doesnt mean these things arnt true. 

20 hours ago, Artist said:

Sorry, but thats nonsense and I dont know where to start to explain.

Maybe with the overall working of an "ingame economy" and the super important factor of "value influx vs. value outflow", inflation and deflation. Theres some good sources on the interwebz.

If you have no understanding of those fundamentals there is no way you can make any substancial suggestion about the games economy. Problem is your suggestions would just ride the ingame economy into super inflation in no time. No offense intended.

It's true what you say about inflation, but that doesn't mean atlas isn't lacking of economy.. 

It's absolutely necessary to improve the current system of resources and the crafting, there are a lot of opportunities for this that would supply an economy system

And I already mentioned that harvesting events would have to find their way out of the game to not overflood the market with resources, that's just one poinz

Another would be to improve the areas where certain resources spawn and what resources are necessary to craft certain things, to create a more different need of resources, for example you need fleece or fur for fur armor and not any hide 

Another possibility is to give resources special traits, a gun or cannon made of tin got slightly more durability and with copper it makes a little more damage, something like this could also rize the need for trading

But an inflation at all wouldn't be that worse, because we have a resource inflation already, they are just not shareable in large scale because of no economy.. And prices would not sink endless because you still have the time and the risk you have to invest for this share

Furthermore you have the greater resource need because more ships will be used and get sunk

And one thing will not be affected by inflation because it's the only resource that is not unlimited and that's time, if you can buy prebuild ships and tames you can spare time if you are willing to pay the prize for it

Inflation will not be the biggest problem, and one could still try to regulate the amount of resources later on if it reaches a level of inflation that is not acceptable 

Edited by Two legged Joe Nine Finger
Added some notes

1 hour ago, Two legged Joe Nine Finger said:

Inflation will not be the biggest problem, and one could still try to regulate the amount of resources later on if it reaches a level of inflation that is not acceptable 

Again, learn the facts about what youre talking about. You have no founded idea about ingame economy in an online game. At all. That makes pretty much everything you state futile. Sry for being frank, no offense intended.

I agree! Ships and tames would be very complicated and is better done at your own island. But you could sell certificates 😛

And serverwide connection of those stores (ex: all 4 stores in a Freeport server share the same goods etc) 

So people have more acces points and blocking is not that easy

Absolutely not. I don't believe this is a good idea. Every feature that leads to less ships traveling from A to B acts against the core element of the game if you ask me.

And anything else you proposed just leads to more convenience. This doesn't change anything imo.

Things I would say are necessary for Trade:
- A safe market for the trader
- A safe market for the consumer
- Goods that have actual value
- Currency that has actual value

If you have this the market regulates itself by supply & demand (I hope).
And by "safe" I mean a safe place where nobody holds a gun to your head while your are shopping or someone wrecks your player shop. I don't mean without any risk and that is why I think that there shouldn't be any feature which makes sailing from A to B unnecessary.

But if I look at atlas, none of the things I mentioned are something that we have in atlas right now. I would say it is possible for a large company to provide safety at least . But Resources, ships, tames and gold are not as valuable as they should be. You can get everything on your own. The most valuable thing is time and that is what you save. But you cannot buy it! This system needs a lot of work and I think that the game would benefit from something that makes invested time less valuable. I am not saying that you should waste your time but the progression system for you as a player should value time. Which leads to the good old problem of losing all your shit. So we can turn this over and under and again... but in the end merging Sandbox survival & MMO into each other seems almost impossible. I hope they succeed.

7 hours ago, Artist said:

Again, learn the facts about what youre talking about. You have no founded idea about ingame economy in an online game. At all. That makes pretty much everything you state futile. Sry for being frank, no offense intended.

I can not see your problem, if everything I say is futile, be so kind and explain it to me

Tell me how an ingame economy in an online game has to work

I'm sure this is the right place for such statements