Sign in to follow this  
Vorxius

Bad day for company of Floie

Sad but true.  Had to leave the game for about a week and a half for personal reasons, and when back I saw this in the logs.

r1Lf9MjFTOCTJCpvsZfgZg?viewBox=479,887&o

Looks like all our crew killed, animals gone, other players tamed our stuff, and boats vanished.

Not a good day for me 😭

The only good news is that I was able to catch the base.  It's something I guess.

This is why on PvE structures need increased timers such as 14 days, and tames need increased timers from 8 days to match, i.e. 14 days.

It's silly that timers are different for different things:

• Tames - 8 days
  • Structures - 10 days
  • Ships - 21 days

It doesn't make sense why tames are 8 days but structures 10.

@Dollie @Jatheish I know i've said this plenty of times before, but we really need timers increased on PvE. 10 days is too short for holidays or unexpected absences.

(Also if Silo could feed tames with berries too that would be amazing, hehehe hint hint :classic_biggrin:)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

Sad but true.  Had to leave the game for about a week and a half for personal reasons, and when back I saw this in the logs.

Looks like all our crew killed, animals gone, other players tamed our stuff, and boats vanished.

Not a good day for me 😭

The only good news is that I was able to catch the base.  It's something I guess.

If your not solo then play with people who will log in and refresh your stuff daily Only takes  a few mins to go log in and refresh and feed your stuff

55 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This is why on PvE structures need increased timers such as 14 days, and tames need increased timers from 8 days to match, i.e. 14 days.

• Tames - 8 days
  • Structures - 10 days
  • Ships - 21 days

@Dollie @Jatheish I know i've said this plenty of times before, but we really need timers increased on PvE. 10 days is too short for holidays or unexpected absences.

(Also if Silo could feed tames with berries too that would be amazing, hehehe hint hint :classic_biggrin:)

Animals starve to death within 8 some even less 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

Not a good day for me 😭

i have said it over and over, REMOVE THE DECAY SYSTEM FOR PVE, encourage solo play, protect progression, yet they ignore that feedback, game is already at 4k average, when do you plan to finally listen @Jatheish

Edited by The D Legacy

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

• Tames - 8 days
  • Structures - 10 days
  • Ships - 21 days

there should be no timer at all, why do we have to get pressure from a game??is a fucking game, we play when we want to play and for as long want to play it, and if we deciide to take a break we should not be told "you have x remaining days before all your effort and time invested goes puff"

• Thanks 1

They need to increase the time and get rid of auto decay. I noticed this weekend a lot of ramps and stuff that people spent a long time making to help the community access map locations on top of cliffs and stuff accessible have now auto-decayed and it SUCKS! More and more people are just going to leave as this stuff keeps happening. You're going to be left with a beautiful open world filled with NOTHING.

Ships should not auto decay either. Allow us to claim them if they are abandoned. We can choose to make it our own, hold onto it in case my friendly neighbor does come back, or break it down for mats. Auto decay is stupid. 

LET THE PLAYERS TAKE CARE OF IT!

Edited by Sydhart
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the support guys.  It's a bad day for sure, but, just like a losing football team; to hear the crowd cheering you on still provides a much needed crutch!

👍

• Like 1

I'm gutted for you,if you want a damn fast schooner built for you,then just look me up,I gotta re-build mine now anyway.The worst thing is I'm never sure how long i've got on decay,apparently  they just sped up the decay rate that affects boats and i just lost my only 2 schooners,now i'm left with just 2 sloops.I don't even know how to reset the timer,I log in every other day,re-anchor regularly,now I'm told, although not officially  that I should have fast travelled to the beds and it would reset it,how was I supposed to know that?Well good luck getting your stuff back together,and I was serious about the schooner.Ps does someone know how to unclaim ships btw?

• Thanks 1

No decay was way worse than decay.  When they had no ship decay people parked boats everywhere until every iota of coast was 2 deep in some places.  

If they just kept stuff forever, the garbage would pile up.  Not everything people leave behind is a helpful ramp, and you don't want to have to have fields of walls that slowly build up over time.

The only way you can have permanent structures is if you had truly private islands, where you only eat up your own space, but the game isn't built that way.

Well, or solo/offline play.  But shared servers have to have some form of decay.

12 hours ago, Vorxius said:

If u are near E11, we allways have plenty of tames we gift. We sure can help you to get started again. Just pm me.

No decay is a nogo!

Not seeing tame claim timer is a nogo!

• Thanks 1

Please for god sake do NOT increase the timers more than 10 days, 10 days is more than enough time already, I was happy with only 4 days. If you can't log in for literally 2 seconds in the game then you are not interested in the structures.

As for the holidays, I agree they should come up with a mechanism for when people want to go on holiday, I suggested some sort of button to activate a one off timer every so often so you can go on holidays but not to spam this feature whenever you feel like it.

I've lost stuff myself due to the auto decay, i've got over it as it is only right if I don't interact with it on other parts of the map it should go but please do not increase timers more than 10 days.

The tames should come in line with normal structure timers, I have no idea why this isn't the case. Maybe these can be changed to 10 days also so everything is together.

Sorry you lost your stuff though, it can be gutting.

@Jatheish @Dollie

Edited by DannyUK
  • Like 1

it's meant to play in groups or with friends. If u are in a company full of non helping douchebags, then u will loose all. If u play this game alone, so u get no mechanics ingame to prevent you from loosing everything. 

but for these people who plays solo now it exists the SP mode. A year without playing doesen't do anything to your stuff then.

A third option u don't get from the game. Maybe look for a friend in RL who keeps an eye on your game while you are away.

I can not say that I hate the decay system as it has proven to be very useful in cleaning up some of the areas around some outposts that I have built and gotten rid of a few structures I have built that really made me think if it was wise to be there since obviously noone used it. It isn't perfect and like OP will always have victims that it didn't intend on harming but lets face it people drop crap all the time and don't pick it up and we need a way to get rid of it that we as players can't exploit to our benefit, I know that I have had out in the world 5 map ramps that I have built which have long since  decayed and that sucks but I also know that the decay has cleared out a couple of taming billboard pens I forgot to, so taking the good with the bad

10 hours ago, Archsenex said:

No decay was way worse than decay.  When they had no ship decay people parked boats everywhere until every iota of coast was 2 deep in some places.  

If they just kept stuff forever, the garbage would pile up.  Not everything people leave behind is a helpful ramp, and you don't want to have to have fields of walls that slowly build up over time.

The only way you can have permanent structures is if you had truly private islands, where you only eat up your own space, but the game isn't built that way.

Well, or solo/offline play.  But shared servers have to have some form of decay.

There were only boats parked everywhere because of the stupid anti-grief system where we couldn't board them and claim them. Make them claimable and that solves the problem right there. 

Honestly, I had a ton of fun after they announced the wipe of just exploring areas and claiming others stuff that had left the game. Make it that way again. Let us be pirates and explorers ffs!

• Like 1

It's not so much the decay system that's wrong,it's the total lack of proper explanation when they make changes,I had no idea I had to fast travel to ships to reset the timer,then when they updated the decay they should have started the timer from the update.I only had 4 boats. 2 sloops and 2 schooners,now I only have 2 sloops.All 4 were parked outside my base and I am at my base every other day .yet somehow the base next to me that has a massive base loadsa ships and two large shipyards haven't been affected.

• Like 1

Sorry you lost your stuff but no matter what the decay time is someone will always come back to there things gone. And you cant remove decay or the whole place would be a dump with peoples items left strung all over. Just think of the campfires there would be.

I lost everything my old VGA died and could not play. I'm ready for almost 20 days offline and I sure missed everything already. I played alone after spending ~ 1200 hours pos-wipe.

After my VGA died the developers announced that a solo player now had 70 island points ... I am very lucky. (no islands for me again)

I'll only play again if another wipe occurs. 

6 hours ago, Rising said:

I lost everything my old VGA died and could not play. I'm ready for almost 20 days offline and I sure missed everything already. I played alone after spending ~ 1200 hours pos-wipe.

After my VGA died the developers announced that a solo player now had 70 island points ... I am very lucky. (no islands for me again)

I'll only play again if another wipe occurs. 

In EU PVE people are quitting constantly. If you look around you will find islands. You can also ask to buy an island in discords.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 1:32 PM, The D Legacy said:

i have said it over and over, REMOVE THE DECAY SYSTEM FOR PVE, encourage solo play, protect progression, yet they ignore that feedback, game is already at 4k average, when do you plan to finally listen @Jatheish

No the server would load up with empty structures that would have to be manually destroyed that is a pain in the ass to deal with,. We had the same issues with Arkh 

Well conan exiles is actually 6days,and its manageable,the difference is when we get a different mechanic in that game it is explained exactly what to do to reset the timer,on atlas the players are left guessing or doing it wrong. then like me and so many others this week losing their ships.

7 hours ago, Luxfere said:

No the server would load up with empty structures that would have to be manually destroyed that is a pain in the ass to deal with,. We had the same issues with Arkh 

i was referring to the PVE servers tho