Sign in to follow this  
Megalithic

Fast Structure Decay is now enabled on non-snapped core structures

Fast Structure Decay is now enabled on non-snapped core structures. This means that they will decay within 12 hours.

What dose this mean? 

The change was reverted but It means they're getting rid of spam.

It will defintely improve those situations where the spamming was part of an initial contest (as those players are unlikely to be motivated to re-spam the territory), but for the antisocial spammers the change simply means they have to use combined structures instead of single ones.

So this is for the PVE-server / Lawless region side of the problem...
Which hurt the PVP-claimed side of the problem, where we have to build more than a wall of pillars to keep tames out and more than just some foundations to prohibit thatch-ramp-cannonbear-attacks...
So while I get the that the toxic PVE and toxic Lawless gets less toxic with this... PVP-claims need even more structures now...
Is that a win-win?!?!

How about get rid of the problem?
This is not a game that has working PVE mechanics possible...
Get rid of Lawless so those islands don't need to be "claimed" by foundation spam (also getting those players finally some real protection, which they complain anyway they don't have, but avoid to get...)
Fix Land-PVP so that active defenses (guns) work and we don't have to rely on passive defenses (enough structures to blow up until the raid-timer runs out)...

Would be nice to just have a well armed fortress (and yeah than it could be on the ground and not on some high mountain) with a killing field (as in empty / LOS-friendly).
Because there is an 'overkill' for defensive guns, where more guns will not give more protection...
There is no overkill in structure spamming for defenses, more is always, but not preferred neither by the attacker nor by the defender... or by the server resources...

And while I am asking make only the claim flag area PVP (all the time if you like) so that the rest of the island has claim protection until the flag falls = lawless island...
Then we don't need even more structures just to protected fully anchored ships and also our guests don't need to have the same base protection problem - as in more structures spammed - as they are save and protected while the flag is still there... might be OK for PVE to join PVP servers then... getting away from all the NEEDED toxic PVE-foundation spam...

It's not just an issue on lawless, settlements are covered with spam as well, to block people from building on them.. to force claim the entire island..

• Like 1

No.... what they need to do is go back to the old system with 5 flags per character on PVE.....

looks like I will be building me a parking lot....

Salty Jack - “if you are on my parking lot.... you are in my base”

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Martyn said:

It's not just an issue on lawless, settlements are covered with spam as well, to block people from building on them.. to force claim the entire island..

Easy and as said before
- give the claim owner option to start decay timer on structures in his claim.
- give notification to structure owner about this and when the timer runs out for him.
- structure owner has time to move his stuff out and/or get structure resources back by demolishing it himself , before timer runs out.
- when timer runs out remove structure and all items in it (no stealing by claim owner that way).

Allows the claim owner to keep his island clean (for everyone else on the island) and does not grief the structure owner too much, because he can get his stuff out safely.

And again, PVE in this game cannot work... by design it needs PVP to keep the toxic PVE in check as the only available mechanic that works...

31 minutes ago, Salty Jack said:

No.... what they need to do is go back to the old system with 5 flags per character on PVE.....

yeah, because that was spam- and grief free... not
every 5m a fully walled in base blocking of the way, most likely by people that are not even any longer in the grid...😫
and the fun with overlapping claim areas and how that was used just for fun = grief...😖

Well screw it then..... I give up.....

Thinking the only thing that will make me fell better is to go lay down some more pillars.....

😉

if this goes live then there needs to be a very very large increase in the no build radius around bases , or welcome to the walled in bases era .............................

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Easy and as said before
- give notification to structure owner about this and when the timer runs out for him.
- structure owner has time to move his stuff out and/or get structure resources back by demolishing it himself , before timer runs out.
- when timer runs out remove structure and all items in it (no stealing by claim owner that way).

Allows the claim owner to keep his island clean (for everyone else on the island) and does not grief the structure owner too much, because he can get his stuff out safely.

And again, PVE in this game cannot work... by design it needs PVP to keep the toxic PVE in check as the only available mechanic that works...

stupid idea by stupid people ,

the game can work for pve old claim system with flag limit per company or player , nothing could be more simple ,,,,no more sinlge players taking over en tire islands and having to think about how they use their LIMITED FLAGS,not the word LIMITED as in not many , as in to few to allow spamming of said flags ,

Edited by UDO

Be carefull what you wish for Udo: that increased build radius will also work for those two snapped foundations under water or inside a rock that some spammer (or ignoramus) slapped down.

In a landscape where must stuff is built allready I would cry "Yea!"; in a context where we still need to build I would sigh "Nea!" to such an increase.

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Easy and as said before

yeah, because that was spam- and grief free... not
every 5m a fully walled in base blocking of the way, most likely by people that are not even any longer in the grid...😫
and the fun with overlapping claim areas and how that was used just for fun = grief...😖

Only really interested in what is now, not what it could be.   As for pvp v pve.. imo, pvp makes the game toxic.  People aren't naturally so.

6 minutes ago, UDO said:

stupid idea by stupid people ,

the game can work for pve old claim system with flag limit per company or player , nothing could be more simple ,,,,no more sinlge players taking over en tire islands and having to think about how they use their LIMITED FLAGS,not the word LIMITED as in not many , as in to few to allow spamming of said flags ,

So you have a company with 50 members, 50 flags.. if you limit companys to 1 flag, people will settle as an offline company, sharing everything ingame, keeping their 50 flags..

The guy with 1 flag.. still suffers.

I like the current system.. lets companies have their own place, the problem really to me is that there is a/ a lack of islands and b/ a lack of variation in those available.

Just now, UDO said:

the game can work for pve old claim system with flag limit per company or player , nothing could be more simple ,,,,no more sinlge players taking over en tire islands and having to think about how they use their LIMITED FLAGS

LOL, yeah, that is why they got rid of it...
because the system was "stupidly" perfect... 🤔

What will happen, if you limit the claims per company? - too small for good size company... or many alliances to that company sharing claims... result = what you hated about that old system...

What will happen, if they limit the claims per player? - too small for you (even smaller after they locked you in)... or giant companies to have more bodies to have more claims... result = what you hated about that old system...

Then you will come back here and want that players get the amount of claim flags you need to build your base, while the company size limit has to be reduced to something very close to 1 with an alliance cap close to 0, so that you not get griefed by the claim flag BS like before the wipe and everyone can live happily ever after... 🙄

while the solution right now is as easy as it gets... you are too small for an island claim and you don't even need one... unless you are anti-social, of course... but there is single player for that - no one to get in your way...

3 minutes ago, Martyn said:

.   As for pvp v pve.. imo, pvp makes the game toxic.  People aren't naturally so.

Several thousand years of human warfare could be construed as a strong argument to the contrary. However it has been my experience that toxic behavior is more common in pvp than pve, so on that we agree.

• Like 2

Probably everythiong that can be said about the old claim system has been said. But what we have now in PVE is just a loss of any real system. The mechanics involved hardly require any smarts or tactics (anymore).
As landowner it is trivial keep the bank or flag filled with gold and berries.
The protection for your ships only works if you actually use them in some way. The last ship that despawned due to total negrlect did so this week, while anchored in our harbour after only 14 days of being completely ignored.
As a landowning company it is NOT feasible to keep your island clean unless you have a company member that actually patrols the grounds every single day. You are dependent on the goodwill and  good behaviour of visitors.

2 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

As a landowning company it is NOT feasible to keep your island clean unless you have a company member that actually patrols the grounds every single day. You are dependent on the goodwill and  good behaviour of visitors.

No less than twice daily if you want to get specific.

The PvE community may shock you in that regard. We had 5 different companies build on our lands over 4x holiday event and every. single. one. demolished whatever it was they built before leaving. Be it pens or just fires. Surprised me a little tbh.

6 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Only really interested in what is now, not what it could be.   As for pvp v pve.. imo, pvp makes the game toxic.  People aren't naturally so.

Well that is the problem...
Now we have structure spam in lawless and PVE... cannot be helped... you can put decay times as much as you want... than the will just build interconnected structures... it is no like people don't have enough time and no will to do it... "well I got time to spam foundations all over the place, but I got no time to have them connected, so I stop even trying"... said no spammer ever...

For the PVP claim side, well we just build what we need to survive the OP tame attacks... which is already almost always interconnected... sorry for everyone that wants to legit pass through... it cannot be allowed...

Also you confuse Atlas PVP with ARK PVP... most peaceful thing ever the smaller you are... the only toxicty in PVP currently is how hard everyone tries to get people to be friendly and live with you... oh the humanity...!
yeah sure, if you go to an island and not say hallo, you might get killed... but that is on you...
like you not show up in someones house unannounced, because you where looking for the toilet in the landlords safe...

in PVP there is a remedy for toxic player behavior... in PVE you can just watch and cry on the forums...

They attempted this solution in Ark, so we all just put down 2 foundations or stacked 2 pillars.

It didn't work then

It won't work now

Wtf devs

1 hour ago, Nari said:

No less than twice daily if you want to get specific.

The PvE community may shock you in that regard. We had 5 different companies build on our lands over 4x holiday event and every. single. one. demolished whatever it was they built before leaving. Be it pens or just fires. Surprised me a little tbh.

You're welcome.   I treat other's the way i want to be treated.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Martyn said:

Are u talking about PvE or PvP here? You need to be more specific. Because in PvP they are not spammed so nobody can settle, they are spammed so the enemies can't build cannons, FOBs and other attack-structures.

Yea same sh!T different game same problem its because of the whole build concept without making restraints. I suggested a way to change this but nope they want you to be able to build whatever wherever you want