Mike L

Claims cant be taken forceably

So I made a suggestion post about two solutions to this problem, that taking a claim is next to impossible if the previous owner just keeps visiting the island to refresh the timer on his precious piller spam. 

Two main ideas come to mind here.

1. Put company limit on structures and make single structures decay in 8 hours. 

2. Make it so that when a new company takes an island, they also take all of the structure and spam on the island, so that they are free to use it, or demo it for resources. 

What does anyone else think is the better option? Or propose your own option either way. 

It should be like Conan Exiles: buildings decay based on how connected they are. 1 lone piece decays fast. 2 pieces connected decays slower but still pretty fast. Unless the previous owner is willing to make a full 2x2 hut (which would consist of at least 4 floors, 8 walls and 4 ceilings = 16 connected pieces) then it all decays pretty fast.

The other problem is just that build allowances are far too high to begin with, which allows this type of spam to take place at all.

2 hours ago, Slamz said:

It should be like Conan Exiles: buildings decay based on how connected they are. 1 lone piece decays fast. 2 pieces connected decays slower but still pretty fast. Unless the previous owner is willing to make a full 2x2 hut (which would consist of at least 4 floors, 8 walls and 4 ceilings = 16 connected pieces) then it all decays pretty fast.

The other problem is just that build allowances are far too high to begin with, which allows this type of spam to take place at all.

Yeah, this variant of option 1 would work better than just the single piece decay. Along with a company base piece limit, this could fix it. Thanks!

Building upkeep based on 20% of the total structure cost. Same as rust's tool cupboard.if theres no tool cupboard then the structures decay. This coupled with higher health on structures may mean that a base will require fewer walls etc( therefore less honeycombe and entities on the server) 

At the same time, building alot of honeycombe/foundation spam etc will cost the owner huge amounts of materials upkeep to maintain. This will give players a choice between foundation spam/huge bases and therefore huge maintainance costs. Or smaller more manageable bases and less spam that are relativley low in maintainance costs.

Edited by Polar Express

That could also work polar, I dont like this solution as much, I think it's going to work towards one base design too much, also I never played rust though, so I'm not sure how annoying, or awesome this mechanic can get. 

We're looking at a solution to this at the moment and expect to implement it in the near future. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Dollie said:

We're looking at a solution to this at the moment and expect to implement it in the near future. 

Thankyou for the input Dollie. Im glad to know you guys are looking at it.

• Like 1

Yeah, thanks for the reply Dollie, it's a step in the right direction already.  I'm sure the quick decay has already decayed tons of spam, helping the health of servers. 

Unfortunately, and I know your still working on it, so you may already have a plan for this, but without a company structure limit, per island or something, this is eventually going to make spam worse, as players are going to redo their spam as little huts or multiple pillers/ceilings together. 

With a company limit though, they'd have to be careful where they place their spam, and hopefully wont be able to lag out the server, also as a side note if you put a limit for structures for islands it gives more value to using blueprints to make better base pieces. 

Again thanks, it's still good to see devs are paying attention and listening! 

• Like 1

The new island claim mechanic added in today’s update is a great idea for wiping foundation spam. Very happy thanks devs.

It is a good change, at least giving another option to clean off claims.  Good to see changes happening to fix griefing in pvp. Sad to see how much it cost though, this game is now just for bigger companies. 

On 7/12/2019 at 4:19 PM, Mike L said:

Yeah, thanks for the reply Dollie, it's a step in the right direction already.  I'm sure the quick decay has already decayed tons of spam, helping the health of servers. 

Unfortunately, and I know your still working on it, so you may already have a plan for this, but without a company structure limit, per island or something, this is eventually going to make spam worse, as players are going to redo their spam as little huts or multiple pillers/ceilings together. 

With a company limit though, they'd have to be careful where they place their spam, and hopefully wont be able to lag out the server, also as a side note if you put a limit for structures for islands it gives more value to using blueprints to make better base pieces. 

Again thanks, it's still good to see devs are paying attention and listening! 

It reduced the spam on islands ppl didnt own. THe ones ppl own they just made taller pillars.

15 hours ago, ragnar cook said:

It reduced the spam on islands ppl didnt own. THe ones ppl own they just made taller pillars.

Yeah we know.

Thanks