Sign in to follow this  
bondbond

QOL suggestion

I think most player spend a lot of time to takeing the resources from the resource box to the crafting table to craft

My suggestion is all crafting table can draw the resources from the resource box.

And make some options in the resource box

1.Make a on/off option for crafting draw resource

2.Make order number to the resource box then all crafting table will draw it by the number

0------>1------->2

to make sure ppl will not use the wrong resource box

3.Anchored ship will draw the resources to repair

• Like 3

Best solution i read sofar, but seems hard to code and teach to player.

The problem was worse before, now with 150 slots it is only cluttering view and the transport. Both can be circumvented tho.

Not beeing able to get a single stack out of the ship resource box is more annoying for me (giv shift-t for 1 stack please).

This is a great suggestion. Something very similar exists in Ark, if you're familiar with the mod Structures Plus. I would really like to see this implemented here, however the fact that Structures Plus was partially integrated into Ark before Atlas ever launched means GrapeCard™ could have chosen to include it in the base version of Atlas but didn't, which unfortunately doesn't leave me super optimistic they will going forward. Would love to be wrong about that, as it's a great QOL advantage.

C;mon devs, give us Splus-Atlas version

Which of the many woods, metals and other resources should it pull first?

Nice idea, but problematic with multiples of the same recource.

I have no idea about ark, but from what people told me, it seems they forked atlas like 2 years ago and did not merge any changes made to ark afterwards. @boomervoncannon

24 minutes ago, bondbond said:

And make some options in the resource box

this ^^

2 minutes ago, Kummba said:

I have no idea about ark, but from what people told me, it seems they forked atlas like 2 years ago and did not merge any changes made to ark afterwards. @boomervoncannon

this ^^

IIRC, at that point Splus was already by a wide margin the most popular mod for the game and the developers had already told the playerbase that some aspects of it were going to be incorporated into the base game. Atlas's developers could have chosen to intergrate Splus's functionality into the new game, but for reasons I'm not privy to, chose not to. I have over 4k hours in Ark. Splus was a game changer for that game.

7 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Nice idea, but problematic with multiples of the same recource.

legit point. Ark did not have Atlas's multiple mats within a category. For all I know this may be part of the reason the devs chose not to include this functionality, but as a layman I'm not inclined to think that incorporating priority option menus would be too much of a hassle.

19 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

The greatest value obviously.

Or just use the same list as S+ and let the player decide.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nari said:

The greatest value obviously.

Or just use the same list as S+ and let the player decide.

I would prefer a system that let me put priority within mat categories. I always try to use mats that can be found wherever I am first, since I have to do the least work to acquire them, but since this is all hypothetical anyway and seems unlikely, I'm really just saying what color I want my Tesla painted. (Duke blue, if Elon is reading this)