Sign in to follow this  
Congo

Fog of War OPTION PLEASE!!

Devs,

One of the best feelings in this game especially when there isnt PVP going on...is sailing into the unknown. Can we please have the option at least to turn on the Fog of war for the minimap so we can see where we have been. Im at the point now where im living in the discovery menu because I cant tell what island is what, or where Ive been.

The FOG of war is still in the game since we can see it when we die, but having the option when were alive would obviously be far more useful.

Thank you for all you've done thus far, game is tons of fun.

1400+ hours in so far

• Like 3

On 7/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, Congo said:

Devs,

One of the best feelings in this game especially when there isnt PVP going on...is sailing into the unknown. Can we please have the option at least to turn on the Fog of war for the minimap so we can see where we have been. Im at the point now where im living in the discovery menu because I cant tell what island is what, or where Ive been.

The FOG of war is still in the game since we can see it when we die, but having the option when were alive would obviously be far more useful.

Thank you for all you've done thus far, game is tons of fun.

1400+ hours in so far

its on in single players , i dont understand why the devs dont just turn in back on for Mulitplayer its a very heavily requested feature 

Real maps don't have it.  What would be better are blank maps that are updated with the info as you travel.  FoW works for that, but it's an old mechanic and not very realistic.   Maybe needing a NPC navigator to actually markup the map as you make discoveries, or a skill to do so.
The FoW is good enough for its purpose, but old school for the new generation of games.  Possibly finding maps to increase the info on your own map.  Maps should be a bigger part of the game, and a lootable item from a dead player.  

Be nice if we could bury or own treasures which would be marked on our own maps.  Getting killed by another would allow the Victor to possibly get that info.

I like the ideas here. Anything but leaving the whole thing available with updated info on the fly...

This was originally turned off for performance reasons if I remember correctly.  I've suggested before they allow us to toggle this option.  Don't need it often, but when it comes to finding new Discovery Points it is quite handy.  I agree 100% with the Op.  Also the suggestion made for a blank map that draws itself when out and about is a very intriguing one.  I like it a lot and it would add a bit more personality to the game. 

• Like 2

PLEASE TURN BACK THE FOG OF WAR OPTION! It has no interest at all to sail an already explored map, and on pvp it's even more important to have a FoW so we have to explore in order to find other clans and the islands they own. PLEASE!!!!!!!

On 7/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, cboath said:

What would be better are blank maps that are updated with the info as you travel

This is pretty much what I always considered the fog of war to be. It may not have looked exactly like that but it was always how I imagined it.