Ibbette

Singleplayer Remove Alphas

Is there any way to remove Alphas in singleplayer?  Like a game.ini setting or something that can be adjusted?

Can't seem to find a mod and they don't seem to be a separate creature like in Ark, but rather a rare spawn of every creature, so modifying the spawn code doesn't seem to work.  Just tired of never taking my tames out of base unless I want to risk running into a faster Alpha and losing it.

In Ark good tames could manage an Alpha, but here, they're just tame killers with the only real way of handling them being to trap them and grind them down which just isn't fun, I want to get experience normally, not grinding on the same animal for an hour.

Did you changed the difficulty of your game? Because on the official servers it's possible to kill every alpha with a normal Bear. I'm not scared of alphas. If I see one around my castle I check out which tame I like to lvl up and go out for killing it.

I set it to 1 and was seeing lvl 150 wild tamables and figured taming some of them would be too op, so then changed it to .5 and I like the normal difficulty of the animals with it there, but Alphas are like level 400-500 still. 

0.2 is default setting. For the start it's maybe better that way. When you get a base and some levels, change the settings.

Or kill them by admin command, until you can handle them by your tames.

When I played on servers at default settings Alphas, mainly alpha lions, made having any tames useless, they spawn too randomly and move too quickly.  They still spawn right outside my base on the server I was on and it's just a chore to trap them and then waste a ton of ammo on something I don't want to grind through and I've lost max level lions to alpha lions, so they're not some slightly harder mob for your tames to take care of, not unless they've been severely nerfed since I last dealt with one.

In  Ark at least they give some nice loot, but here it's just ridiculous amounts of standard resources I can get a lot easier if I could actually take my lions out.  They're a time consuming barrier to doing the things I do find fun in the game. 

If there's a way to disable them or nerf them in singleplayer without nerfing everything I'd love to hear it.

This is Atlas, not ark.

with a good carbine you can almost headshot a alpha lion as example. 

But fighting an alpha with a lion or tiger is harder than with a bear or elephant. Lions and tigers get less HP and serve no knockback while attacking. Makes it harder to kill an alpha.

I know how to kill them, I just don't find them fun and want to disable them.

If anyone knows how to do that, it'd be appreciated.

Not that i've found,the only thing you can do is change multipliers ie their health down  your health up,your damage up, resistance etc or cut the animal spawn down,but it will still affect other aspects of the game.there might be an admin command cheat somewhere,you could try googling it,if you haven't already.

Yea, nothing useful coming up when I googled it is why I posted here.  Might have to search the devkit some to see if I can figure out a simple solution.