Sign in to follow this  
Vegetto

Tames killed by AoD

@Jatheish

Someone had a map on our island which happened to be inside our pen where we keep animals and the lvl.94 AoD killed all of our animals, 700 hrs of progress of finding and breeding animals lost in a flash.

20+ animals including bears, lions and tigers were spread across the pen to guard all the tames but they died as well with all our animals only our razors survived as they were kept in a seperate part of the pen.

Guess this is it for me but fix the treasure map spawning inside other people's bases so that they won't suffer through this.

And the person who had the map could've just waited till someone comes online to gain access to that area but they just spawned army and let it wipe out our efforts of taming and breeding we've done post wipe.

Yeh.  I saw your msg ingame.  I agree. 

I've seen this before, some greek guys came to our base on eu pve, spawned a map inside the base, most of the aod were stuck inside our smithy area, but several escaped to kill nearby tames.  Which were on neutral.  The aod seem to be immune to non player mounted tame damage, or take considerably less than might be expected in a map fight.

I've noticed the unmounted tames fighting alongside seem to miss alot or don't even hit the aod.. certainly not as often as a mounted tame does.  Their attacks are much slower.  Possibly to try to nerf tame farming for mythos.. etc. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Yeh.  I saw your msg ingame.  I agree. 

I've seen this before, some greek guys came to our base on eu pve, spawned a map inside the base, most of the aod were stuck inside our smithy area, but several escaped to kill nearby tames.  Which were on neutral.  The aod seem to be immune to non player mounted tame damage, or take considerably less than might be expected in a map fight.

I've noticed the unmounted tames fighting alongside seem to miss alot or don't even hit the aod.. certainly not as often as a mounted tame does.  Their attacks are much slower.  Possibly to try to nerf tame farming for mythos.. etc. 

I just got home from vacation so that person might have been a different one who had same incident.

So out of ~40 tames only 4 elephants survived.
https://imgur.com/a/ZWdIq2t 
It has been 5 hrs since army killed our tames but its still inside our pen and has not despawned.

3 minutes ago, Vegetto said:

I just got home from vacation so that person might have been a different one who had same incident.

So out of ~40 tames only 4 elephants survived.
https://imgur.com/a/ZWdIq2t 
It has been 5 hrs since army killed our tames but its still inside our pen and has not despawned.

Ah ok, was a guy in I8 on Na pve. Saying exactly the same thing.  Guys zip lined into base.

After so much time it's surely not the first map in your pen. 

So if u know about that problem, why did you build there? And would u like to wait several hours to maybe be able to ask for it? Don't think so.

I saw a lot of pens on my voyages where the treasurespot was inside. Honestly if I travel 2 or more hours to that map and because of someones pen I can't reach it... I get mad and angry and I have spawned the army if it's possible to let the owner take notice of his wrong placed pen. 

And I would do it again to handle my frustration and aggressions in this situation.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

So if u know about that problem, why did you build there? And would u like to wait several hours to maybe be able to ask for it? Don't think so.

I saw a lot of pens on my voyages where the treasurespot was inside. Honestly if I travel 2 or more hours to that map and because of someones pen I can't reach it... I get mad and angry and I have spawned the army if it's possible to let the owner take notice of his wrong placed pen. 

And I would do it again to handle my frustration and aggressions in this situation.

See i would ask for them in chat, arrange to come back later and try again then.. people like you should be kicked onto the pvp servers.  It isnt the base builders fault the devs dont block aod spawns in their base.  I wonder how you'd feel if someone did this to you.. killed all your tames for what.. a thousand gold? Can get that in a few maps just with common maps..

Edited by Martyn
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Martyn said:

See i would ask for them in chat, arrange to come back later and try again then.. people like you should be kicked onto the pvp servers.  It isnt the base builders fault the devs dont block aod spawns in their base.  I wonder how you'd feel if someone did this to you..

For me it's a game. Only pixels and data packages. I would rebuild my pen away of this spot and the problem would be solved.

But if u think this is real, start to cry about a serverwipe, vanishing tames, vanishing structures, boats and all the stucked tames.... So you really should think about your life and lifegoals. 

I run a company in real life and just want to enjoy a game. If you make a game deciding your life? Search yourself a relationship, work or a psychiatrist.

At least it's still an alpha ea game. Maybe we all will loose our entire stuff ingame again? And then? Just start a new adventure 😉👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

If you see the picture aod clearly spawned inside a building and yes we've also experienced this situation that treasure spot is inside someone's base and we ask owners if they are not online then just tp to base and keep farming because we opt not to be a griefer and spawn army inside someone's base.

We kept the gates unlocked for a while but someone dragged an alpha inside and killed some of our animals but I was online at that moment and was able to save most of them.

Edit: we can't build a pen anywhere else as its a very tiny island and most of our resources will be blocked of we build somewhere else.

Edited by Vegetto
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

For me it's a game. Only pixels and data packages. I would rebuild my pen away of this spot and the problem would be solved.

But if u think this is real, start to cry about a serverwipe, vanishing tames, vanishing structures, boats and all the stucked tames.... So you really should think about your life and lifegoals. 

I run a company in real life and just want to enjoy a game. If you make a game deciding your life? Search yourself a relationship, work or a psychiatrist.

At least it's still an alpha ea game. Maybe we all will loose our entire stuff ingame again? And then? Just start a new adventure 😉👍

What you don't realise mate, is who you are in a game.. is also who you are in life..

Company or no.. you're still a (ran out of ink)

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Martyn said:

What you don't realise mate, is who you are in a game.. is also who you are in life..

Company or no.. you're still a (ran out of ink)

All who know me in RL and in the game can confirm you, that u will never find a person who is that direct, fair and honest to you as I am. Most of the people can't handle it, becouse we all live in a poisoned world full of fake people.

And react angry in the topic situation is logical natural. Sure I asked for someone and of course I checked every door or gate before. At least I felt "time robbed" and griefed of this idiots who built around there and I leaved a line in his guestbook 👿 and to be honest: in another, same situation I would do it again without any regrets.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

All who know me in RL and in the game can confirm you, that u will never find a person who is that direct, fair and honest to you as I am. Most of the people can't handle it, becouse we all live in a poisoned world full of fake people.

And react angry in the topic situation is logical natural. Sure I asked for someone and of course I checked every door or gate before. At least I felt "time robbed" and griefed of this idiots who built around there and I leaved a line in his guestbook 👿 and to be honest: in another, same situation I would do it again without any regrets.

direct, fair and honest? really?
Killing someones hard work just because you can't wait for some time ?
this is the most retarded thing I've heard. Sucks to suck mate. hope your 12 yo ass is happy doing that.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

So after months of exploring i finally find a blue or better map.

Then, after sailing for 4 hrs straight irl, i arrive at the treasure location only to find that some guy built his fucking disney castle on top of the spawn.

But hey, i guess your problem is more important than mine.

Build your stupid fucking pens somewhere else!

53 minutes ago, Martyn said:

See i would ask for them in chat, arrange to come back later and try again then.. people like you should be kicked onto the pvp servers.  It isnt the base builders fault the devs dont block aod spawns in their base.  I wonder how you'd feel if someone did this to you.. killed all your tames for what.. a thousand gold? Can get that in a few maps just with common maps..

You still haven't reached level 60 i guess.

It is not the treasure seekers fault that some idiot did all of the below:

* built his pen on top of an AoD spawn

* set all their tames to passive

* is nowhere to be seen to help remedy the situation

* has no fucking clue how much XP you need for the higher levels, and how many treasure maps you have to do

Stop blocking the whole island for everybody else.

We have to do discoveries. We have to do treasure maps.

Set your idiotic pens on top of pillars for fucks sake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vegetto said:

direct, fair and honest? really?
Killing someones hard work just because you can't wait for some time ?
this is the most retarded thing I've heard. Sucks to suck mate. hope your 12 yo ass is happy doing that.

Come down.

The people know/should know they build on a spot, it is their fault not his.

I dont take the map outa hotbar when aproaching a beam neighter, i would spawn them also, without even knowing the situation.

THE PROBLEM is the devs changed it so the sotd never despawn, and are worse to kill then before and changed spawns for many grids. NOT my/his/the other strangers fault.

I dont think tames can kill high level aotd by themself, they heal to much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

No I get it, You play this game for You.  I play this game for the people around me, that, is where I get my fun. 

14 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Come down.

The people know/should know they build on a spot, it is their fault not his.

I dont take the map outa hotbar when aproaching a beam neighter, i would spawn them also, without even knowing the situation.

THE PROBLEM is the devs changed it so the sotd never despawn, and are worse to kill then before and changed spawns for many grids. NOT my/his/the other strangers fault.

I dont think tames can kill high level aotd by themself, they heal to much.

The Aod do despawn.. but they have to make contact first for the timer to start. Otherwise, they don't despawn.  A bug within a bug methinks.

As for it not being the map hunters fault.. it can't be anymore his fault than anyone else.. you approach the beacon it's in someones base, you throw the map AWAY.. it's that SIMPLE.  Unnerstan?

Afterall.. you can't get the loot without killing the AoD who you can't kill because they're behind locked doors.

Edited by Martyn

1 hour ago, Forb Hidden said:

hahahahahaha anyone who feels the need to brag/boast (maybe lie) about owning their own business says a lot about the type of person you are. no one cares dude lol and stop griefing  people what are you a spoiled child 

Ultimately it's the devs' fault. Judging by resources being blocked by foundation proximity they bloody well know how to make things not spawn inside or even near a base. So that's on them.

I'm sure they could also make the maps not spawn on top of the 20 mile high pillars that no one can get to without a few days to spare building a ramp or ladder up to it too, which happened to me more than once over the weekend. Talk about irritating. But here we are. Maybe some day we'll get a QoL patch for this. 

1 hour ago, user1 said:

So after months of exploring i finally find a blue or better map.

Then, after sailing for 4 hrs straight irl, i arrive at the treasure location only to find that some guy built his fucking disney castle on top of the spawn.

But hey, i guess your problem is more important than mine.

Build your stupid fucking pens somewhere else!

You still haven't reached level 60 i guess.

It is not the treasure seekers fault that some idiot did all of the below:

* built his pen on top of an AoD spawn

* set all their tames to passive

* is nowhere to be seen to help remedy the situation

* has no fucking clue how much XP you need for the higher levels, and how many treasure maps you have to do

Stop blocking the whole island for everybody else.

We have to do discoveries. We have to do treasure maps.

Set your idiotic pens on top of pillars for fucks sake.

Not had you wheetabix?

Am 66, am quite well aware of the issues with endgame xp.. middle of gathering stuff to build mythic Ls.  But I'm laid back.. here to help.. people like you.. here for you and noone else. 

Stop being so selfish and ignorant.

Edited by Martyn

12 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

Ultimately it's the devs' fault. Judging by resources being blocked by foundation proximity they bloody well know how to make things not spawn inside or even near a base. So that's on them.

I'm sure they could also make the maps not spawn on top of the 20 mile high pillars that no one can get to without a few days to spare building a ramp or ladder up to it too, which happened to me more than once over the weekend. Talk about irritating. But here we are. Maybe some day we'll get a QoL patch for this. 

It's true grapecard are to blame ultimately, but the people doing this have a choice.. they choose poorly.. and become griefers..

As I said.. if it was mw map or above, I'd hang around for a day or so, or a few hours, log out, back a few later, asking for the owners..most of the people I know would do the same. But this guy on here and others.. they play for themselves.. don't care about anyone else or their hardwork.. even admit they do, they'd do it, just for spites sake..

Well, remember what goes around comes around.   When it happens to you.. you can remember this conversation.

When you had a choice.

Those 20 mile pillers.. only takes 4-5 people about 2-3 hours to build a thatch ramp up.. problem is when it's an owned settlement and you're about finished and some dude comes along and whacks your foundations out from under you.

Edited by Martyn

The problem is Devs are focusing now on new content like new islands (i dont know why cause there is plenty free islands on PvP server now cause its dying) and new animals like...sea horse. Great. Well ok we cant force them to do smth else, thats their plan now in EA...but i think they should focus on game mechanic not on content now, it doesnt matter if they will throw a lot of animals or islands or quests if mechanic of this game is broken. There should be like someone said,  ZONE where you can capture your Island and keep it without this kind of bugs , that means without treasures or PvP,  you should only afraid there of running gold on that ZONE. And other ZONE is PvP zone free open where you can dig up treasures, fight for new lands better ones with better profits, where you can find  greater BP, where you can Tame bigger and better lvl of Animals. So you will neve rlose evrything cause there is always point where you can feel safe and start all over again.

On Safe ZONE you can feel safe BUT you cna lose it completly when other Company will give you pernament war which cost big ammount of Gold.

Yea i know thats PvP and we have peace time...but still somehow PvP server is dying, lets ask WHY ? Your lost is the only 1 from 99 problems of this game.

Edited by Cascco
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, fenster said:

hahahahahaha anyone who feels the need to brag/boast (maybe lie) about owning their own business says a lot about the type of person you are. no one cares dude lol and stop griefing  people what are you a spoiled child 

anstelle dich zu melden, schreib ich dir nochmal gaaaaanz genau meine sicht:

nach 2...4h segeln, endlich Am Ziel angekommen und voller Vorfreude auf XP und BPs ist es eine Frechheit, wenn jemand den Spot zugebaut hat. Dies wiederum ist "griefing", Da es verboten ist, Dinge für andere zu blockieren oder unzugänglich zu machen.

Wenn ich der Flachzange, Die Da gebaut habe So einen Denkzettel verpasse, fühle ich mich sogar gut dabei und in gönnerstimmung. Soll sich freuen, dass ich ihn nicht gemeldet habe und ganz still wieder seinem dasein nachgehen.

Im Gegensatz zu manch anderen hier, läuft mein RL super und ich brauche keine Pixel, um mich zu profilieren und selber anzulügen.

Noch was für Deinen zukünftigen weg: wenn Du Leute nicht kennst, solltest du nicht voreilig mit persönlichen Anschuldigungen und Beleidigungen um dich schiessen. Das wird dir früher oder später So manche Tür versperren oder dir die Tür ins Gesicht schlagen.

Back at you.  You were the one saying you'd do it anyway, why you'd report him is beyond me, they own the island.. they can block the spawns all they like.  They live there.  Not you.

You get a map, sail 12 regions find someone lives there, you ask for them in chat, you come back later.. you throw the map away..

Or you can grief them.. knowing full well, you still won't get the treasure..you'd only be doing it out of spite.  And you'd be the first spiteful german I've ever met.

Edited by Martyn

21 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

anstelle dich zu melden, schreib ich dir nochmal gaaaaanz genau meine sicht:

nach 2...4h segeln, endlich Am Ziel angekommen und voller Vorfreude auf XP und BPs ist es eine Frechheit, wenn jemand den Spot zugebaut hat. Dies wiederum ist "griefing", Da es verboten ist, Dinge für andere zu blockieren oder unzugänglich zu machen.

Wenn ich der Flachzange, Die Da gebaut habe So einen Denkzettel verpasse, fühle ich mich sogar gut dabei und in gönnerstimmung. Soll sich freuen, dass ich ihn nicht gemeldet habe und ganz still wieder seinem dasein nachgehen.

Im Gegensatz zu manch anderen hier, läuft mein RL super und ich brauche keine Pixel, um mich zu profilieren und selber anzulügen.

Noch was für Deinen zukünftigen weg: wenn Du Leute nicht kennst, solltest du nicht voreilig mit persönlichen Anschuldigungen und Beleidigungen um dich schiessen. Das wird dir früher oder später So manche Tür versperren oder dir die Tür ins Gesicht schlagen.

So it took you 4 hrs to sail ? even though you live in J11? 
I know you got that map 7-8 regions away but people usually wait in this kind of situations. I've met your company mates who are way better than you. such a shame you chose to grief on PvE because you are too scared to play PvP.

Edited by Vegetto

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

you approach the beacon it's in someones base, you throw the map AWAY.. it's that SIMPLE.  Unnerstan?

YOU FUCKING REIMBURSE ME WITH BLUEPRINTS, GOLD AND MOST IMPORTANT: EXPERIENCE POINTS OR I WILL FUCKING MAKE YOU REGRET EVER BEING BORN SO YOU COULD BE A FUCKING ROADBLOCK TO MY PROGRESS!

UNDER*FUCKING*STAND?!

As for being selfish and ignorant: You seem not to realize how ignorant and selfish you are when you put your own problems above mine.

Get your stupid pen out of the way and the problem would be solved too.

You are calling me selfish and ignorant, but you show an amazing reluctance to move your own ass out of the way for anyone else!

So here is a solution. Build your barn (actually most structures) over water. We found before the first wipe that building out from the coast and putting animals over water eliminate several problems. Maps don't spawn in water, animals like snakes and alphas don't spawn and drop from the sky. Build in stone. Think 3 little pigs. You know what happened to the first two who built in thatch and wood.

If the map spawned level 97s then it was a masterwork map worth over 2k gold. On a weekend where they are giving 4x exp and 2x gold, I can bet the person who sailed all the way there was a bit peeved.

9 minutes ago, user1 said:

YOU FUCKING REIMBURSE ME WITH BLUEPRINTS, GOLD AND MOST IMPORTANT: EXPERIENCE POINTS OR I WILL FUCKING MAKE YOU REGRET EVER BEING BORN SO YOU COULD BE A FUCKING ROADBLOCK TO MY PROGRESS!

UNDER*FUCKING*STAND?!

As for being selfish and ignorant: You seem not to realize how ignorant and selfish you are when you put your own problems above mine.

Get your stupid pen out of the way and the problem would be solved too.

You are calling me selfish and ignorant, but you show an amazing reluctance to move your own ass out of the way for anyone else!

first of all calm down. you don't have to shout at him.
You can grief if someone refused to let you inside the pen but you chose to grief instead of communicating.
and nobody sails 7 grids away for 1 map so you probably have 10 other maps to do and you can do those as well. Not being able to do 1 map is not a big deal.
You can just wait for the owners to come online as people have things to do and have jobs so can't be online 24x7.
Our island is small and the only place to build a pen is on cliff.
And yes your language shows your AGE.