Sign in to follow this  
Vegetto

Tames killed by AoD

24 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

4.  I hit 91 over the weekend.  I have not abandoned a single map due to a base being where it spawns.  Plenty due to bad terrain etc but bases where maps spawn has so far never happened.  My guess is they won't spawn where there's the enclosed buff. 

Interesting. And good to know, thanks for sharing. Would be great to get dev confirmation on this one way or another.

A lot of good advice and a lot of justified emotion in a typical PvE situation ... above.

If I were to lose our stable to an act-of-god like a bunch of AoD spawning inside, I would feel that loss and be sad/dissappointed and more.
If I were to discover it was done to me on purpose, those feelings would turn to anger.
But once I know about the spawn point I would not be a fool and ignore that threat. Providing access by opening it up would not be my choice as I have seen plenty of collateral damage. So I would move the stable.
This being said, when I'm travelling for treasure I often find place after place built in such a way that access is blocked or even walking the shore line is obstructed, frustration builds. And when I arrive at the treasure point to find it enclosed by what is clearly an established company, I do let the AoD spawn, either to be dealt with by the animals inside or as a present to that company when they come back online. Thinking "Own up to your choices."

"You are in game, who you are IRL."
Often mostly true, but not entirely. I take my RL attitudes with me in game, but the small differences can lead to completely different choices. For instance, I've been responsible for other people my entire life IRL. In a game at least I can say "screw this", kill and destroy. I don't chose it as a game-life-style, but at least those are optional responses, whereas IRL they are not (to me).

BTW, stating that you are a business owner is usually a very compact way of implying a whole set of attitudes, just like stating that you are a parent.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Archsenex said:

1.  Don't leave your tames on passive.  A single tame can easily solo a masterwork maps worth of aod.  Tames are more or less invincible.  A chicken can guard your pen (only slight exaggeration).

2.  There's no magical "maps spawn here" indicator to tell people where they will be.  They can be almost anywhere on an island, and there's variance.  Any random stretch of land could have them.  Or on top of ruins.  Or rocks.  Or beach.  There's no pattern.

3.  Build your base on stilts.  It prevents this problem entirely.  We never use foundations. 

4.  I hit 91 over the weekend.  I have not abandoned a single map due to a base being where it spawns.  Plenty due to bad terrain etc but bases where maps spawn has so far never happened.  My guess is they won't spawn where there's the enclosed buff. 

1 Nope a single tame is not able to kill a single 90+ warrior by itself. It will just endlessly heal. A tame get killed by the worrior over time.

2 There are dedicated points. Thats why devs asked for problematic spawns, they move them. There are multiple per island.

3 You can use foundations for my understanding (he did not have any, just a fence). But if there is one pilla inbetween, even if overbuild with a ceiling, a map can spawn there. I had one map spawn in the middle of a 40x40 overbuild area.
4 You could hit 91 with <20 Map this weekend. I did my fair share of maps. When there is a ceiling inbetween foundations, it will let the map spawn. You can not dig it up tho.

I had maps spawn in tax bank and stuff, resulting in stucked aotd.

I had them glitching into barns also, so you clearly spawn them outside, but a few spawn inside, maybe due to the sheer amount.

On 7/9/2019 at 3:02 AM, user1 said:

listen, i don't do it to grief others.

it is not my intention to destroy your stupid disney castle or your favorite cuddle bear.

these players are using their tames as a diversion and a meat shield to their own griefing.

they put their tames in a place so that it blocks other players from getting to some game content and then they're crying when it gets killed.

i am just trying to do some treasures so i can get to the next level, and believe me, level 83 can already take a while.

even without some asshole planting walls all around.

blocking off spawns is griefing. read up the fucking rules of engagement.

That's not always true.  I live on a small island.  I tried to keep all the spawn points clear.  I spent days going around to neighboring islands picking up maps, hoping to get ones for my island so I could find out where the spawn points were.  I started putting down wooden signs on them all saying Spawn Point so no one would build there.  After a while, I found that AOD spawn on nearly every building spot on the island (and many on non-buildable spots as well).   I still don't even know where all the spawn points are.  The whole island seems like it could spawn AOD.

We can't do anything about that except give up the island and we're not giving up the island.  If someone comes here to do a map and the spawn is right inside a locked building, they're not getting the treasure anyway, so spawning those AOD is nothing more than some little child kicking his legs and screaming and having a fit. And on pve it's griefing.

Sure , purposely blocking spawns and discovery points is also griefing.   But you can't assume it's ALWAYS griefing unless you know the spawns and DP are designed well, are clear to the players, and always make sense.  Come on you guys, you KNOW everything in this game is not designed well and some of it makes no sense.  If you have a map you can't do because the spawn point is inside a mountain, or under the ground, or in a building, you get to choose whether to assume another player is being a jerk or whether it's just one more screwup in the game.  What you choose and how you behave is up to you, and no amount of "real people who know I'm a lovely person" has anything to do with that.

1 hour ago, Kummba said:

1 Nope a single tame is not able to kill a single 90+ warrior by itself. It will just endlessly heal. A tame get killed by the worrior over time.

IF your tame sucks sure, and you don't have Natures Cry and/or Natures Touch, but a well bred bear with 100% brofist is a different story.

2 hours ago, Nari said:

IF your tame sucks sure, and you don't have Natures Cry and/or Natures Touch, but a well bred bear with 100% brofist is a different story.

Read again.

He said "by itself". Means without rider.....

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Read again.

He said "by itself". Means without rider.....

If you aren't riding the tame in a fight against lvl 90's it deserves to die.

Edited by Nari

2 minutes ago, Nari said:

If you aren't riding the tame in a fight against lvl 90's it deserves to die.

Please read opening post again and try to combine 🤔😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Please read opening post again and try to combine 🤔😉

I read the OP but skipped most of page 2. So unless I missed something you'd like to point out there's no connection between an entire pen wiped and the other comment (that i quoted btw) about a single tame being unable to kill a lvl 90 warrior.

10 minutes ago, Nari said:

I read the OP but skipped most of page 2. So unless I missed something you'd like to point out there's no connection between an entire pen wiped and the other comment (that i quoted btw) about a single tame being unable to kill a lvl 90 warrior.

AOD spawn into a pen and kill tames.

90er AOD warrior will kill any type of tame in a 1vs1.

2 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

AOD spawn into a pen and kill tames.

90er AOD warrior will kill any type of tame in a 1vs1.

AoD don't 1v1. Tames shouldn't fight Aod on their own in the first place. Your point is moot.

If there's a spawner in your pen the solution isn't to tame defenders. It's move the damn pen.

This statement is accurate "A single tame can easily solo a masterwork maps worth of aod.  "

This one is not "Nope a single tame is not able to kill a single 90+ warrior by itself. It will just endlessly heal. A tame get killed by the worrior over time."

1 minute ago, Nari said:

AoD don't 1v1. Tames shouldn't fight Aod on their own in the first place. Your point is moot.

If there's a spawner in your pen the solution isn't to tame defenders. It's move the damn pen.

This statement is accurate "A single tame can easily solo a masterwork maps worth of aod.  "

This one is not "Nope a single tame is not able to kill a single 90+ warrior by itself. It will just endlessly heal. A tame get killed by the worrior over time."

Okay again, read the whole conversation.

We had the problem, that summoned AODs spawned into a pen and killed all tames.

We dont talk about a tame with rider. We talk about a tame without any buffs! No natures fury, no health, no dmg boost, no resistance boost.

I hope you can follow the discussion now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Puppies4ever said:

We had the problem, that summoned AODs spawned into a pen and killed all tames.

Right, and what did you learn?  That an entire pen of tames couldn't survive meaning obviously a single tame won't survive either. I assume that they weren't being as literal as you are right now when referring to a single tame easily clearing master chests. Otherwise it makes no fucking sense xD

Hope you can keep up 😉

23 minutes ago, Nari said:

Right, and what did you learn?  That an entire pen of tames couldn't survive meaning obviously a single tame won't survive either. I assume that they weren't being as literal as you are right now when referring to a single tame easily clearing master chests. Otherwise it makes no fucking sense xD

Hope you can keep up 😉

1 tame can clear mw map because of the rider buff + other buffs.

But 1 UNRIDED tame WITHOUT buffs cant kill high lev AOD WARRIOR.

We dont talk about archer or shields. We take about WARRIORS.

Hopefully you can follow now 😂

12 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

1 tame can clear mw map because of the rider buff + other buffs.

But 1 UNRIDED tame WITHOUT buffs cant kill high lev AOD WARRIOR.

We dont talk about archer or shields. We take about WARRIORS.

Hopefully you can follow now 😂

Not to mention a ridden tame has a much faster attack speed than an unridden tame, and also has a brain (i.e. the player) to be able to maneuver when needed.

1 hour ago, Nari said:

This thread isn't about that.  Context is everything.  Read the comments before jumping in with authority.

54 minutes ago, Nari said:

Again, read the comments upthread.  "Move the pen" is not always an option.    Understand the context - AOD spawning inside a tame pen.  A riderless buffless tame is going to get killed by a respawning 90+ warrior.  

The correct soution is - don't be a douche and spawn aod inside someone's building.  You have no way of knowing if they purposely blocked the spawn (and it's against their own interests to do that), so you dont' know if THEY are being an asshat, but if you spawn the AOD, it's clear that you are.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:42 AM, Vegetto said:

@Jatheish

Someone had a map on our island which happened to be inside our pen where we keep animals and the lvl.94 AoD killed all of our animals, 700 hrs of progress of finding and breeding animals lost in a flash.

20+ animals including bears, lions and tigers were spread across the pen to guard all the tames but they died as well with all our animals only our razors survived as they were kept in a seperate part of the pen.

Guess this is it for me but fix the treasure map spawning inside other people's bases so that they won't suffer through this.

And the person who had the map could've just waited till someone comes online to gain access to that area but they just spawned army and let it wipe out our efforts of taming and breeding we've done post wipe.

You walk up close to it and they spawn there isnt much else that can be done, if your on a lawless island then ya your screwed. Have to make a pillared base since treasure maps dont check for collisions when created!

14 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

You walk up close to it and they spawn there isnt much else that can be done, if your on a lawless island then ya your screwed. Have to make a pillared base since treasure maps dont check for collisions when created!

If the person with the map takes it off their hot bar before getting close enough to spawn, the AOD won’t spawn.

True but if they aggro on your animals there isnt much you can do til they despawn but usually kill everything in the area...

I always keep it off my hotbar until I'm near the area, then put it on my hotbar to see exactly where it is. Often if it is in an area full of trees, i'll remove it from my hotbar, clear the trees and any other threats, then get in position and add it back to my hotbar.

Sometimes I misjudge. Yesterday I did exactly this, cleared the trees, then thought I was a little in front of the spot, I add the map to my hotbar and suddenly find I was right on the spot and was surrounded lol.

But so far not come across any maps in bases. If I did then i'd not activate it as that's unfair.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

Wouldn't matter if they let people know where the spawn points were ahead of time. People are dicks. Think of the number of times you have rolled up on POIs or discovery points that people have walled in to build on. In other cases they can be great. Was always a good feeling to roll up on a map on top of mountain that someone had already built a ramp up to. (and we found many of those, once again reinforcing that map spawn points are static). I had a map one week on a nice clear beach on an unclaimed island right in front of a poi dock. Pop the map and move along. Next week I have the same map. Show up and some idiot has built his house with the dock inside it. AoD spawn half on the beach, half in his house. I spend 15 minutes bouncing the bear against his walls to get a swipe through a window just right to kill the ones inside. If he had built solid walls would not have been possible. So who is wrong? Me for doing my map, or the douche that built his straw hut over a npc structure?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Was always a good feeling to roll up on a map on top of mountain that someone had already built a ramp up to. (and we found many of those, once again reinforcing that map spawn points are static).

We built ramps on our island to all the mountain tops.  Doesn't mean there's a static spawn there.  Stuff can spawn anywhere on the top, (and sometimes halfway down the sides where you can't even get to them), and the difference between one end of it and the other could mean thinking you're building in a safe spot and building on top of a spawn.

1 hour ago, UnknownSystemError said:

I had a map one week on a nice clear beach on an unclaimed island right in front of a poi dock. Pop the map and move along. Next week I have the same map. Show up and some idiot has built his house with the dock inside it. AoD spawn half on the beach, half in his house. I spend 15 minutes bouncing the bear against his walls to get a swipe through a window just right to kill the ones inside. If he had built solid walls would not have been possible. So who is wrong? Me for doing my map, or the douche that built his straw hut over a npc structure?

The guy's been there a week and you expect him to know all the spawn points?  

"I can't get what I want" doesn't always equal someone being a douche.

3 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

The guy's been there a week and you expect him to know all the spawn points?  

To extend your point, beyond devs with edit tools, can anyone be certain they know all their island's spawn points?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

To extend your point, beyond devs with edit tools, can anyone be certain they know all their island's spawn points?

No oc not, but u might see stranger doing them. Stranger might ask u for access to kill them.

15 hours ago, Nari said:

I like to snap too, but this is so far off that it is almost on target again 🤣

11 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I always keep it off my hotbar until I'm near the area, then put it on my hotbar to see exactly where it is. Often if it is in an area full of trees, i'll remove it from my hotbar, clear the trees and any other threats, then get in position and add it back to my hotbar.

Sometimes I misjudge. Yesterday I did exactly this, cleared the trees, then thought I was a little in front of the spot, I add the map to my hotbar and suddenly find I was right on the spot and was surrounded lol.

But so far not come across any maps in bases. If I did then i'd not activate it as that's unfair.

see, i always carry the map in the hotbar so it lives 10.000 times longer.

and i don't clear trees or anything either.

lv70 bear easily soloes lv120 AoD along with any lions snakes or what have you.

and worthwhile treasure maps have become so extremely rare, i am sure they're worth much more than your 700 creature disney princess stables.

also, just remove this stupid taming bullshit from the game entirely please. thank you.

• Confused 1