Sign in to follow this  
Vegetto

Tames killed by AoD

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

It's true grapecard are to blame ultimately, but the people doing this have a choice.. they choose poorly.. and become griefers..

As I said.. if it was mw map or above, I'd hang around for a day or so, or a few hours, log out, back a few later, asking for the owners..most of the people I know would do the same. But this guy on here and others.. they play for themselves.. don't care about anyone else or their hardwork.. even admit they do, they'd do it, just for spites sake..

Well, remember what goes around comes around.   When it happens to you.. you can remember this conversation.

When you had a choice.

Those 20 mile pillers.. only takes 4-5 people about 2-3 hours to build a thatch ramp up.. problem is when it's an owned settlement and you're about finished and some dude comes along and whacks your foundations out from under you.

The sad fact of the matter is some people are at best selfish and at worst deliberately enjoy causing drama/grief if the game lets them. You can tell them not to act like that all day long but you're wasting your time. The only ones that can stop them or enable them by doing nothing is the devs. They set the rules and they are responsible for enforcing them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vegetto said:

So it took you 4 hrs to sail ? even though you live in J11? 
I know you got that map 7-8 regions away but people usually wait in this kind of situations. I've met your company mates who are way better than you. such a shame you chose to grief on PvE because you are too scared to play PvP.

First point: in this case it wasn't me. 

2nd point: when I get no access to the spot, it's not me griefing. I'm not a judge, but I know the agreement.

3rd point: I know we get the best crew of all, thanks for that 😜

and in another thread I wrote down that pvp would be nice to play. But I'm away for 16h a day so it's not possible for me to play it real. And I will surely not sell my company for a game 😂 the frustration to loose all my stuff daily is too big. I want to play a game to get fun and enjoy the reality loose u get then.

So. I don't have to say anything else to this theme. My opinion is mine alone. Deal or live with it or think what u want about me. But please, you all, stop attacking me because I'm not fine with the opinion of the mass in this point.

All who know me in RL and in the game can confirm you, that u will never find a person who is that direct, fair and honest to you as I am. Most of the people can't handle it, becouse we all live in a poisoned world full of fake people.

Diese 2 Sätze.. 

I wish they would just change how the maps work and come up with a different idea altogether.

I remember before the wipe I used to do loads of maps but most of them were behind big gates and walls. These people were online and I used to ask nicely in chat if it was possible to open the gates, they would just ignore requests, this happened often.

I think there should be some sort of warning or at least make the foundation go orange when you hover over a map location so it stops you building there. I also think the maps are in huge numbers, treasure maps are supposed to be rare finds, up the pay out and reduce the maps.

Sorry you lost your tames, I would have been angry over this also, it's these things in game that drive people away in droves unfortunately. I think many of us forget it is still early access though but it doesn't stop you getting angry over it.

• Like 1

If people are trying to be complete assholes and jerks, they should wander off either to PvP or just play different games. PvE is all about friendly interactions and chill conversations.

If you own an island its your choice what to do with it, what to build on it and wether to block spawns, wall off areas or not.

Why?

Because YOU are the owner, you PAY for it. 

This is literal common sense and shouldn't be up for discussion at all.

Also, about you trying to justify your antisocial behavior.

Nobody cares what other people say about you. Nobody cares that you run a company,

you can keep pushing your giant ego all you want. But please, please do it somewhere else.

Have a nice day 😃

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Serious question to anyone who actually knows: How do you know you are building over a spawn point?

I have done a LOT of maps, and it is pretty rare to appear near or on a player's structure. I have seen probably two times where two maps spawned on the same spot (out of maybe 200), and I assumed that was just random chance.

I have seen several spawns directly on ancient ruins, but I have also seen ruins that have player structures built all over them, and the spawn points in those cases appear just outside of the player structure. I assume that the spawn point moves to a nearby point when it checks for the presence of a player structure.

Other than finding a bunch of maps for your own island (which have to be obtained on islands other than your own), how are you supposed to know?

• Like 1

The spawn points do not move in my experience. I usually pick up maps on one of our home islands that I guess means I get many of the same maps. Jat confirmed that the maps rarity and distance from you are determined by where you pick them up. You are never going to pick up a masterwork that is in the next zone. I have been to the same spot for the same map at the same rarity and gold many times.

How you find out where spawn points are on your own island is random. We have found a couple on ours by just tagging along with people when they land to do maps and then seeing where the AoD spawn. We then put up a signs around the perimeter of that point to let others in the company know not to build there. Animal spawn points are more tricky. We had a neighbor on a lawless go into decay which cleared his stuff. That island had never had horses on it since the beginning. After his stuff went away, suddenly the island is full of horses.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

After so much time it's surely not the first map in your pen. 

So if u know about that problem, why did you build there? And would u like to wait several hours to maybe be able to ask for it? Don't think so.

I saw a lot of pens on my voyages where the treasurespot was inside. Honestly if I travel 2 or more hours to that map and because of someones pen I can't reach it... I get mad and angry and I have spawned the army if it's possible to let the owner take notice of his wrong placed pen. 

And I would do it again to handle my frustration and aggressions in this situation.

put simply your a ........

define a lot.... i don't believe youv'e ever seen one.... wanna know why ? its simple really. even if you kill all the AoD how are you going to actually dig up the treasure..... and thus you get NO treasure, gold or XP. anyone who spawn's a bunch of high level AoD in someone else's base with ZERO prospect of completing it deserves a ban, simple as that - anything that stop's toxic behavior is a plus in my book. and there is no magic marker for where the treasure map spawns are on an island so excuse me for building WHERE I FUCKING WANT TO. i play here on a daily basis and that's the end of it. if you showed up on our island with that attitude.... well let's say you mite get the treasure but it won't be leaving the island.

i guess i really should not be surprised by this and similar self-entitled replies and I actually made a bunch of people who joined our company take down the great wall of china for exactly this reason. The chances of building on a treasure map spawn are very low - I know of exactly two occurrences in 2k hours of personnel play time, one pre-wipe where we had to just walk away from the map (it was in the middle of a nice big base and the owners were not around) and the other was perhaps a month ago in one of our base's were we helped the guy kill everything off and removed a foundation so he could dig it up. 

this is a social game, did your mother never explain you get more with sugar than vinegar ? bottom line,don't be a dick and almost all people will help you. that one that won't is YOU.

13 hours ago, user1 said:

YOU FUCKING REIMBURSE ME WITH BLUEPRINTS, GOLD AND MOST IMPORTANT: EXPERIENCE POINTS OR I WILL FUCKING MAKE YOU REGRET EVER BEING BORN SO YOU COULD BE A FUCKING ROADBLOCK TO MY PROGRESS!

UNDER*FUCKING*STAND?!

As for being selfish and ignorant: You seem not to realize how ignorant and selfish you are when you put your own problems above mine.

Get your stupid pen out of the way and the problem would be solved too.

You are calling me selfish and ignorant, but you show an amazing reluctance to move your own ass out of the way for anyone else!

so you assume the person who built the pen new the location of all treasure map spawns in the game ? you just a fool griefer  who cannot hack pvp so need to do something like this. just another toxic kid tut tut tut. didnt mummy give you cuddles ??

11 hours ago, Demon Meliodas said:

If people are trying to be complete assholes and jerks, they should wander off either to PvP or just play different games. PvE is all about friendly interactions and chill conversations.

If you own an island its your choice what to do with it, what to build on it and wether to block spawns, wall off areas or not.

Why?

Nobody cares what other people say about you. Nobody cares that you run a company,

you can keep pushing your giant ego all you want. But please, please do it somewhere else.

Have a nice day 😃

You seriously think it is okay to be the reason that nobody can complete the discovery point quest just because some selfish shit for brains decided to block off "his" island?

*That* is griefing.

*That* is antisocial behavior

And that is what should get you banned.

1 hour ago, fenster said:

so you assume the person who built the pen new the location of all treasure map spawns in the game ? you just a fool griefer  who cannot hack pvp so need to do something like this. just another toxic kid tut tut tut. didnt mummy give you cuddles ??

I would very much like to play pvp, but unfortunately there is no pvp in this game, only player versus offline, so every single day begins with:

Own absolutely fucking nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Everything gone. Nothing in inventory, no structures left, no ship left, FUCKING NOTHING.

Punch some trees...

That is not a game, that's mental illness.

When at some point it dawns on you that you might sit on top of an AoD spawn and you still don't move your buildings away from there, it is entirely on you.

If you don't move your pen away so that people can get to the spawn, you apparently agree with having AoD inside your base.

You refuse to go out of your way by even the tiniest bit and move your buildings.

As a direct result of that, i refuse to change my behavior in any way as well.

As long as you don't move, i won't move either.

It sounds like you are way more unhappy with the situation than i am so i suggest YOU do something about it.

And by the way.

YOU come to PvE, where you full well know that nobody can tear off your fucking giant disney castle taming pen bullshit.

YOU still build your fucking giant disney castle taming pen bullshit that nobody can remove.

YOU eventually notice that you built your fucking giant disney castle taming pen bullshit over an AoD spawn, but you won't do anything about it.

But *I* am the griefer?!?

Sure as fuck, buddy.

GTFO

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, user1 said:

But *I* am the griefer?!?

Yes mate you are.

others might be foolish, ignorant or new, but you are the one using game mechanics to harm other players stuff in PVE.

listen, i don't do it to grief others.

it is not my intention to destroy your stupid disney castle or your favorite cuddle bear.

these players are using their tames as a diversion and a meat shield to their own griefing.

they put their tames in a place so that it blocks other players from getting to some game content and then they're crying when it gets killed.

i am just trying to do some treasures so i can get to the next level, and believe me, level 83 can already take a while.

even without some asshole planting walls all around.

blocking off spawns is griefing. read up the fucking rules of engagement.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Warspectre said:

Ultimately it's the devs' fault. Judging by resources being blocked by foundation proximity they bloody well know how to make things not spawn inside or even near a base. So that's on them.

I'm sure they could also make the maps not spawn on top of the 20 mile high pillars that no one can get to without a few days to spare building a ramp or ladder up to it too, which happened to me more than once over the weekend. Talk about irritating. But here we are. Maybe some day we'll get a QoL patch for this. 

Because people are poky in here.

THEY BUILD ON 1 low pillar, or no foundations at all. THEY dont care for spawning AotD, dont know about the problem.

AotD dont spawn on foundations for my understanding.

The map can be generated, the spot can then be overbuild afterwards.

When people build on low pillars, allowing stucking tames and shit, they ask for bad things to happen.

How are you judging the spawner of the AotD, but not the (uninformed) structure spawner. Just because he says he would do it again?

YOU ARE DOING IT TO HIM AGAIN ALSO!

And yes, blocking areas off is griefing, if you claimed an island, you have no right to take it away from the community.

When u do a map u activly support the owner with gold that is substracted from your gain.

Try to comunicate in this game, u will get a reply in 1/10 if you are lucky, EU PVP that is.

And again, am i ask to scout the area where a map is, and only if i dont disturb other are allowed to spawn the AotD? THATS what you ask for?

I shell wait for someone willing to respond on my plead to give me access? I shell wait there for days until i get someone to respond?

Not on my watch! I just despawn the map and sail off!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Demon Meliodas said:

Why?

Have a nice day 😃

You judge what is an complete asshole.

I think your playstyle is not right, but i dont say "please leave the game so i can play it my way without you bothering me".

13 hours ago, Demon Meliodas said:

This is antisocial behaviour in my eyes.

Have a nice day.

• Like 3

Toxic people and griefers defending griefers.

If blocking off spawn is griefing then killing someones entire hardwork is also griefing.

We haven't blocked any dp on our island and neither any resources. Its a 15 pt island which is the smallest on entire map. Only place to build on is mountain. In the past when someone needed access inside pen for treasure map we let them in and helped. Then made sure to build on that spot so treasure map should not generate for that spot but It still happened  army spawned inside the hut(screenshot in 3rd post) and some crybaby was angry because he was unable to do 1 map out if his 20 maps due to it being in someones base and nobody was online because not all people like him are playing 24x7.

I understand its early access and it has problems but you should also understand the same and not opt to grief others of their hardwork.

And the person who spawned the army made sure to drag it all the way to other areas of our pen to make sure every animal will die just because they just love griefing.

There's a dedicated server for griefing people which is PvP. Toxic people like you are the problem in this game.

@Jatheish @Dollie this kind of toxic behaviour is responsible for player count in PvE along with content.

Good luck @Kummba @user1 defending your griefer friends. GL HF with griefing.

Peace Out.

I think people who block maps off on purpose or cause other problems should think again.

People are getting fed up of the game and the ones that leave have nothing to lose if they come along and put huge walls around your structures in tit for tat measures.

These people might get banned in time but it will disrupt your gameplay for weeks or months possibly. Think what you are doing, play nice and people will be nice in return. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vegetto said:

Toxic people and griefers defending griefers.

If blocking off spawn is griefing then killing someones entire hardwork is also griefing.

We haven't blocked any dp on our island and neither any resources. Its a 15 pt island which is the smallest on entire map. Only place to build on is mountain. In the past when someone needed access inside pen for treasure map we let them in and helped. Then made sure to build on that spot so treasure map should not generate for that spot but It still happened  army spawned inside the hut(screenshot in 3rd post) and some crybaby was angry because he was unable to do 1 map out if his 20 maps due to it being in someones base and nobody was online because not all people like him are playing 24x7.

I understand its early access and it has problems but you should also understand the same and not opt to grief others of their hardwork.

And the person who spawned the army made sure to drag it all the way to other areas of our pen to make sure every animal will die just because they just love griefing.

There's a dedicated server for griefing people which is PvP. Toxic people like you are the problem in this game.

@Jatheish @Dollie this kind of toxic behaviour is responsible for player count in PvE along with content.

Peace Out.

You got me wrong.

I dont support active griefing, neigther do i do it myself, i feel griefed often tho.

I support his arguments about blocking and stuff is griefing too. I hate when people jump on one detail when somebody telling his pov, losing the global context.

I can not garantee to not spawn a map in an uncertain situation, so it could be me to spawn stuff in other people belongings by accident.

You are still hurt from your loss, but u did not build according to the risks out there (no foundations) and you got punished hard.

Archer should not ignore LOS @Jatheish @Dollie i second this. I also agree with a wider ban radius around foundations.

BUT i think it could require a total rewrite of the spawn mechanic for maps (--> super low prio), bc it could made more bottles go poof!

Ok, i could write more but i choose to

Peace out too 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vegetto said:

Peace Out.

May all your treasure maps forever be blocked by some idiot's disney castle!

There is a FINITE number of spawn locations in the world. How fucking dare you selfish, antisocial troll to block even one of them from other players.

If everyone thought the way you do, eventually there wouldn't be ANY spawn locations left, and NOBODY would ever be able to do any treasure maps ever again.

Not everyone has a massive island and lots of space to play around with, we're not gonna build a shitty barn on the water when we got a nice flat plateau right next to our base, far away from predator spawns. 

There are HUNDREDS of islands on the atlas and if 1 unaccessible map drives you nuts and makes you want to grief the island owner you're just a retard in my eyes.

It's happened to us countless times on powerstone islands and even regular ones that the map spots were just way out of reach and all the effort to get there wouldnt be worth it. And its just a thing we have to deal with, people wont build disney castles on shtty, uneven ground because that would only make it harder. They'd rather choose a nice area for their buildings and sometimes it happens to be on a ressource, animal or a treasure map spawn. It sucks that you're getting annoyed by other people's beautiful buildings, I would be too if i was living in a giant wooden cube filled with anger and sadness.

greetings 🙂

1 hour ago, user1 said:

May all your treasure maps forever be blocked by some idiot's disney castle!

There is a FINITE number of spawn locations in the world. How fucking dare you selfish, antisocial troll to block even one of them from other players.

If everyone thought the way you do, eventually there wouldn't be ANY spawn locations left, and NOBODY would ever be able to do any treasure maps ever again.

Let's think about this statement for a minute. Vegetto's argument essentially boils down to his right as a player to build where he chooses undisturbed trumps your right as a player to do your treasure map content. There is a component to the discussion at hand about how responsible the devs are for designing the game in such a way that it creates this situation, for now let's put that aside on the assumption that the devs cannot easily resolve or restructure this issue in the short term.

Vegetto I understand you are upset about the loss of your assets and the time invested in them. You have my sympathy. In your shoes I would also be unhappy and upset. However, when you tell other players they should simply throw the map away if they arrive at the marker and it is built upon, doing so is not materially different from others telling you that you should build elsewhere. In both cases it is players placing their own desires ahead of others. Here is the thing that is materially different:

You get decide where and how you build. Players don't get to decide where their maps are located and are unaware whether the location is blocked until they arrive, sometimes from very far away. When your position is they should throw the map away, you aren't putting your desires against user1's or whatever player spawned his map in your pen, you are putting your desires ahead of every player who ever gets a map in that spot.

User1 put forward a very practical and sensible suggestion. When players discover they have built on a spawn marker, if they do not wish to move, they should rebuild the structure on pillars. This would allow access to the map location, and the onetime inconvenience to you is, in the grand scheme of things preferable to the ongoing inconvenience to the entire rest of the player base. You would also get the benefit in doing so of protecting yourself against future actions like you just experienced. Demon Meliodas can go on about player owners rights all he wants but the fact is that won't change the anger of players upset when they can't reach the spawn point for the map, anger that is understandable when the map is high value, travel has been far, and the sacrifice of throwing the map away is considerable. The reality for you and players in your situation is, you can either rebuild to remove the problem, or stamp your foot in the ground and stand on your rights, and risk having the same thing happen again.

Again, Vegetto you have my sympathies. I have lost tames and bred tames to any number of problems in Ark and Atlas both, due to player created situations and none player created situations. It's disheartening, I totally get that. At some point the devs may choose to rework the system in such a way to solve this problem, but until then we must deal with it as players.

Speaking of devs, @Jatheish, I'm sorry but the fact this problem exists strongly suggests that either there is no internal testing of Atlas or that it is woefully inadequate, as this is the sort of thing that should have shown up if not at the drawing board stage, then certainly in early pve internal tests as problematic. If you allow building of structures and don't allow other players to destroy those structures, then it's not exactly a blinding insight for someone sitting in a brainstorming session to say "okay, but what if a treasure map spawns inside that structure?" Could we please get a response as to whether this is something that is being looked at by the development team, and given it's fundamentally long term problematic nature, if not an explanation of why?

At the very least could we get a review of the treasure map spawn point pool to eliminate obviously highly desirable build locations for players such as on wide open flat land or scenic overlooks by waterfalls etc?

For everyone involved in this discussion, calling each other griefers and other pejorative terms doesn't solve the problem, it just makes discussion less productive and compromise less acheivable. If you know someone more willing than less to compromise with someone decrying their character, I would like to meet them. 

Edited by boomervoncannon

We had a treasure map and AOD spawned into the pen. We tried everything to kill them or to get them out there.

Maybe you should move your pen to avoid more accidents like that.

• Like 2

I know all the respawn points of maps in my island. Building over pillars is advised. You are in PVE you dont have to be a douche about blocking spawns. If you were in PVP I would understand if you blocked spawns to maintain a defensive position. But since is PVE I can only say that is something you did to yourself placing yourself in this position.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Let's think about this statement for a minute. Vegetto's argument essentially boils down to his right as a player to build where he chooses undisturbed trumps your right as a player to do your treasure map content. There is a component to the discussion at hand about how responsible the devs are for designing the game in such a way that it creates this situation, for now let's put that aside on the assumption that the devs cannot easily resolve or restructure this issue in the short term.

Vegetto I understand you are upset about the loss of your assets and the time invested in them. You have my sympathy. In your shoes I would also be unhappy and upset. However, when you tell other players they should simply throw the map away if they arrive at the marker and it is built upon, doing so is not materially different from others telling you that you should build elsewhere. In both cases it is players placing their own desires ahead of others. Here is the thing that is materially different:

You get decide where and how you build. Players don't get to decide where their maps are located and are unaware whether the location is blocked until they arrive, sometimes from very far away. When your position is they should throw the map away, you aren't putting your desires against user1's or whatever player spawned his map in your pen, you are putting your desires ahead of every player who ever gets a map in that spot.

User1 put forward a very practical and sensible suggestion. When players discover they have built on a spawn marker, if they do not wish to move, they should rebuild the structure on pillars. This would allow access to the map location, and the onetime inconvenience to you is, in the grand scheme of things preferable to the ongoing inconvenience to the entire rest of the player base. You would also get the benefit in doing so of protecting yourself against future actions like you just experienced. Demon Meliodas can go on about player owners rights all he wants but the fact is that won't change the anger of players upset when they can't reach the spawn point for the map, anger that is understandable when the map is high value, travel has been far, and the sacrifice of throwing the map away is considerable. The reality for you and players in your situation is, you can either rebuild to remove the problem, or stamp your foot in the ground and stand on your rights, and risk having the same thing happen again.

Again, Vegetto you have my sympathies. I have lost tames and bred tames to any number of problems in Ark and Atlas both, due to player created situations and none player created situations. It's disheartening, I totally get that. At some point the devs may choose to rework the system in such a way to solve this problem, but until then we must deal with it as players.

Speaking of devs, @Jatheish, I'm sorry but the fact this problem exists strongly suggests that either there is no internal testing of Atlas or that it is woefully inadequate, as this is the sort of thing that should have shown up if not at the drawing board stage, then certainly in early pve internal tests as problematic. If you allow building of structures and don't allow other players to destroy those structures, then it's not exactly a blinding insight for someone sitting in a brainstorming session to say "okay, but what if a treasure map spawns inside that structure?" Could we please get a response as to whether this is something that is being looked at by the development team, and given it's fundamentally long term problematic nature, if not an explanation of why?

At the very least could we get a review of the treasure map spawn point pool to eliminate obviously highly desirable build locations for players such as on wide open flat land or scenic overlooks by waterfalls etc?

For everyone involved in this discussion, calling each other griefers and other pejorative terms doesn't solve the problem, it just makes discussion less productive and compromise less acheivable. If you know someone more willing than less to compromise with someone decrying their character, I would like to meet them. 

I agree with you that I had a choice to build there and the person with map didn't.

But the person who had the map also had a choice at that situation 1. Wait until the owners come online, 2. Throw the map, 3. Spawn army and let it kill all the tames.

So as much as its my fault to build there it doesn't make the person who spawned the army and dragged it around to kill tames innocent.

Nobody sails 7 grids away for 1 map.

Lets Consider that person sailed 7 grids away for only one map which was in my pen. In this situation anybody would just park their boat and tp to home for farming or doing other things. I've been in that situation.

But map weilder decided to not wait and spawn army due to the frustration of not being able to do the map. Sailing back and forth without doing map costed him 4 hrs but that person's actions out of frustration costed us our 700 hrs of finding, taming and breeding animals.

6 hours ago, Vegetto said:

I agree with you that I had a choice to build there and the person with map didn't.

But the person who had the map also had a choice at that situation 1. Wait until the owners come online, 2. Throw the map, 3. Spawn army and let it kill all the tames.

So as much as its my fault to build there it doesn't make the person who spawned the army and dragged it around to kill tames innocent.

Nobody sails 7 grids away for 1 map.

Lets Consider that person sailed 7 grids away for only one map which was in my pen. In this situation anybody would just park their boat and tp to home for farming or doing other things. I've been in that situation.

But map weilder decided to not wait and spawn army due to the frustration of not being able to do the map. Sailing back and forth without doing map costed him 4 hrs but that person's actions out of frustration costed us our 700 hrs of finding, taming and breeding animals.

Again, you're not taking into account that it's not just that one person. It's everyone who ever has a map that spawns where your structure is. As long as your structure is there, the problem is not going to go away. So it isn't the 4 hours against your 700 hours, it's all the accumulated hours of everyone who ever comes to your spot with a map, and the value of those maps they can't use. If the map is low value and thus the trip was short, likely the owner does just throw it away. I have done this multiple times. But a high quality map is a different matter.

Suggesting that people wait until you are online (if you're already online this problem doesn't occur) isn't a very practical solution because the other player has no idea when you're going to be online or whether your playtimes intersect with theirs. They also have no way of knowing if you are a reasonable person who would let them in or not. They are faced with essentially stopping their gameplay until you both are online at the same time with no advance of knowledge of when that might be or whether it will be fruitless if you turn out not to allow them in. As Demon Meliodas take on the situation seems to suggest, even if you did so you'd be entirely within your rights as an owner of the island to not allow them in for no good reason.  IMO this is the fundamental flaw in his approach.

As for dismissing the notion that people will sail 7 grids for one map. If the map is 7 grids away it is probably a very high end map, and yes it is possible for higher end maps to be this far away from where one acquires them. Thus if they sail that far, they have a lot of time and effort invested into getting to where you are, and because of the value of the map, asking them to discard it is not a very practical or considerate approach. I would agree that pitching a fit over a common quality map found in the same grid would be a bit self centered, but those aren't the only scenarios that are going to occur.

On the other hand, there is a positive reason for you to want people to come and do their maps. If you put down a taxation bank, you get 20% of all gold made from maps added into the bank. This isn't subtracted from what players get when they do the map, its free money to you. I don't know about you, but that fact alone would make it worth it to me to accomodate treasure seekers by not blocking access.

At the end of the day the situation exists because of poorly thought out game design and lack of thorough internal testing, but to be fair ironing out stuff like this is part of why Early Access is a thing. I dont' think it really should be in this instance if the testing was up to par, but for the time being here we all are. Pve players can decide whether to work towards compromise like rational adults, or engage in emotional outbursts that are the hallmarks of the immaturity so many pve players like to accuse pvp players of exhibiting. As someone who has experienced both sides of the problem, I'm of the view that  players building on pillars is the most practical and equitable solution I'm aware of until hopefully the system is reworked to mitigate the problem.

Edited by boomervoncannon

1.  Don't leave your tames on passive.  A single tame can easily solo a masterwork maps worth of aod.  Tames are more or less invincible.  A chicken can guard your pen (only slight exaggeration).

2.  There's no magical "maps spawn here" indicator to tell people where they will be.  They can be almost anywhere on an island, and there's variance.  Any random stretch of land could have them.  Or on top of ruins.  Or rocks.  Or beach.  There's no pattern.

3.  Build your base on stilts.  It prevents this problem entirely.  We never use foundations. 

4.  I hit 91 over the weekend.  I have not abandoned a single map due to a base being where it spawns.  Plenty due to bad terrain etc but bases where maps spawn has so far never happened.  My guess is they won't spawn where there's the enclosed buff. 

• Like 2