Sign in to follow this  
Cantore

PVE ONLY: The wandering Tame problem

Hi Devs,

There's a BIG issue with a lot of islands with Chinese inhabitants where they set their Tamed bears to Aggressive and Enable Wander. The problem with this is that NOBODY can tame anything on the island because the bear will run and kill it. And, these guys don't just tame 1 or 2 of these wandering bears, I've seen 3 islands so far that have them ALL OVER the place, and nobody can do a darn thing about it.

SOLUTION:
If you set your Tame in PVE to Aggressive and Enable Wander, your tamed animal can be killed by people.

Hi cantore,

there are mutiple valid reasons why people do so. One is afk meat farm with rejected tames!

If u dont like the population / set up of an island, just sail to the next.

Regarding your solution; 12 btw? Thinking like this killed thousands of people in NAZI germany and other totalitarianism.

being able to kill other peoples tames on PVE will get exploited, so that won't happen.

May i suggest having a bit of fun, build a tripple walled trap with slope sides, center one for the tame you're trying to get, and outer one to trap any pesky critters trying to eat it while you do, If someones wander, aggresive tames happen to get trapped too, oh! well never mind. And if you are on an island of insensitive people, it's only fair to not tidy up you trap once you're done with it (it'll be gone in 10 days). Oh! and always leave sign explaining, maybe lessons learnt may help.

19 hours ago, Kummba said:

Hi cantore,

there are mutiple valid reasons why people do so. One is afk meat farm with rejected tames!

Regarding your solution; 12 btw? Thinking like this killed thousands of people in NAZI germany and other totalitarianism.

Hi,

There is no valid reason why you'd need bears walking all over an island killing everything in their path, including what you're trying to tame. You can get meat in 30 seconds with any animal.

I didn't say anything about the population of the island. I saw many islands (happened to all have Chinese on them) all with wandering aggressive tames that nobody and nothing can kill off because bears are OP.

Lastly, I have no idea what you're referring to by "12 btw?" My solution is to prevent losers from spamming Aggressive tames all over, which is what is occurring on PvE. On PvP, we'd just kill them. On PvE, we can't. Thus the reason for the solution. The fact that  you'd refer to this solution as "NAZI" rationale is absolutely offensive, and totally STUPID. If you want to talk politics, this is not the place for it. Go show your bigotry elsewhere.

19 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

being able to kill other peoples tames on PVE will get exploited, so that won't happen.

May i suggest having a bit of fun, build a tripple walled trap with slope sides, center one for the tame you're trying to get, and outer one to trap any pesky critters trying to eat it while you do, If someones wander, aggresive tames happen to get trapped too, oh! well never mind. And if you are on an island of insensitive people, it's only fair to not tidy up you trap once you're done with it (it'll be gone in 10 days). Oh! and always leave sign explaining, maybe lessons learnt may help.

It would ONLY be for those tames set on Aggressive and Wander. That's the point of the solution - to allow people to think twice about setting both of these options on. If they own the island, and nobody else is there, perfect. But, if they're going to spam their aggressive tames all over the island that multiple companies inhabit, they deserve to have their tames killed.
As for you 'bit of fun', you can't get them to chase anything, because they only attack everything you can't predict. There's no way to lure them into such a pen.

I dont need to bring politics here, it was just to show you that you want a solution, totally against the system, to gain a small personal benefit.

SOLUTION: Build a secure taming trap, or sail off to another island. @Cantore

And no, you dont get 20k meat in 30 second. People breed meat eater too.

And no, i also dont like it.

On 7/8/2019 at 9:38 AM, Kummba said:

Hi cantore,

This.

8 hours ago, Kummba said:

I dont need to bring politics here, it was just to show you that you want a solution, totally against the system, to gain a small personal benefit.

SOLUTION: Build a secure taming trap, or sail off to another island. @Cantore

And no, you dont get 20k meat in 30 second. People breed meat eater too.

And no, i also dont like it.

And, I disagree with you calling my idea NAZISM, and I disagree that one person should dictate to everyone ELSE that they should leave the island because they want to be a retard and let their tames wander on aggressive mode, killing the animals we wish to tame BEFORE we can get them to the taming pen.

I don't understand how you can side with the one or two duchebags that do this, while everyone else has to be told where to go. That's nonsensical, and it's hysterical that you would even consider thinking that this is a good game mechanic for PvE.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:43 PM, Cantore said:

There is no valid reason why you'd need bears walking all over an island killing everything in their path, including what you're trying to tame. You can get meat in 30 seconds with any animal.

I disagree. You're given a tame limit for a reason. If you want to use all/part of that limit to auto-farm or keep your island clean of hostile wild life, while simultaneously risking losing said tames, then that's your prerogative. There are many valid reasons and you're not forced to tame on that island. Sail to greener pastures.

How can they kill what you're taming?  A proper taming facility should have at least 2 layers of walls to prevent anything, player or otherwise, from interfering.  T hats what the air gap is for.

2 hours ago, Archsenex said:

How can they kill what you're taming?  A proper taming facility should have at least 2 layers of walls to prevent anything, player or otherwise, from interfering.  T hats what the air gap is for.

The bears run after every single animal. So, if your trying to get the animal you want to chase you, with a bear set to Aggro and Wander, you often can't get the animal to your pen fast enough before ONE of the bears on the way chase down the animal, and kill it BEFORE you can get it into the pen. It's happened SO many times, it's annoying. And, for the record, this guy is on the same island as me. Why should I have to leave the island to tame elsewhere??! Why can't HE just stop setting it to Aggro instead?!

It can also have incredibly funny unintended consequences. Before the first complete wipe people were abandoning their claims all over. For the lawls I would claim their bases, tear down their gates, and put their animals on aggressive and wander just to see how long they would last. I did this one place where the person had around 50 bears all lined up in neat little rows. Put them all on A&W and leave to go mess with other stuff. Popped back by around half a day later and I notice that there is huge knot of bears on the beach. As I get closer I see a bunch of baby bear corpses, then more baby bears just wandering around. They would last about 5 minutes, then just die. I created the Baby Bear Massacre on death beach. Was something like 20 baby bear corpses strewn around.

Great way to crash a server UnknownSystemError. I would like to assume you did not know that.

I had to deal with one group of four bears this weekend. It wasnt even a meat farming setup. I lure them away multiple times by make them aggro on an animal i had aggroed.

Also i tryed this with a bear, but the bear was to slow, the horse setup i will test later.

unknown.png

ITS A BAIT!

I defnitly see the griefing potential of the AW groups.

I would like to have an anchor for this group setup. So that you can assure they dont go to far off of its position.