Martyn

Please Fix the Galleon Bug.

Please Fix the Galleon bug.  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Does the Galleon "no foundation" bug really annoy you?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/12/2019 at 11:01 PM

This is driving me and others up the wall.  Unable to place foundations.

Unable to place ceilings individually. Able to place stairs..

Please get this long running bug fixed. Or explain why it hasn't ie you have an intention to replace ships etc down the line.

Doesn't matter if you have 1 deck or all decks.  Still 1 on top deck that will not place and several above and below.  I cannot place anything in front of my front sail at all, except ladders/roof tiles and pillers.

Then there's this bug.. a new one for me.  Apparently a well known issue.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1794190035

Then there's the ladder bugs, with both rope and wood ladders, unable to get onto the decks properly.  I suppose all those bugs are fixed pressing Q as well..

Galleons are broken models.

Edited by Martyn

its not decks its planks, if you dont have all the planks in ,certain spots dont want to snap tiles in place especially at the front. also sometimes i get a tile that wont snap in (orange)and if i turn away from the spot all 0f a sudden it turns blue for a fraction of a second, i have to wiggle it until i get it to snap as it briefly turns blue sometimes it takes 5 minutes annoying but i havent had an impossible one yet

Edited by Remo

3 hours ago, Remo said:

its not decks its planks, if you dont have all the planks in ,certain spots dont want to snap tiles in place especially at the front. also sometimes i get a tile that wont snap in (orange)and if i turn away from the spot all 0f a sudden it turns blue for a fraction of a second, i have to wiggle it until i get it to snap as it briefly turns blue sometimes it takes 5 minutes annoying but i havent had an impossible one yet

Yeh I have same issues, didn't figure it to the planks.. so place decks, fit the sails, fit the ceilings/stairs.. then add planks?

Galleons are annoyingly buggy!!

ive got a couple of tiles I simply can’t place, no matter what I try. 

I’ve had multiple that were difficult to snap,

ive also noticed the ladders issue occasionally in certain spots.

Although I’m happy with the rate the devs are addressing issues and adding content, I do feel ships and sailing has been somewhat neglected. 

+1 to hoping they fix this someday, but it's been around since at least February, possibly forever.

Temporary work around that has always worked for me:

1. Add a bottom deck temporarily (chances are you don't have one if you are seeing this problem on the aft, still possible this won't fix problems on the bow, see below)
  2. If that doesn't solve your problem, place a temporary wall piece attached to the bottom deck as close as possible to directly under the part you are trying to add
  3. Add your pieces
  4. Demolish your bottom deck
  5. Demolish any extraneous walls

I haven't experienced this post-wipe on my new galleon, but pre-wipe I think I got around it by using wooden pillars for support if I remember correctly. It is an annoying bug though, for sure. 

When placing Rope ladders along the side of your boat,  I have tested and confirmed that if you place the ladders while the boat is dry docked "In construction" the ladders snap into odd places, hence leaving the ladders useless when climbing up.    The best known practice that will confirm all your rope ladders work with out being glitched up,   Is to Release your Ship after putting in all your planks.    Now all rope ladder placement will be spot on with no issues.     

The same also applies when trying to build your unloading platform.        Put all your planks in.  Release your ship then finish it off,   Alot of your headaches will be gone. During your construction phase. 

Other headaches still apply.   Shallow water, SoTD's,  etc. etc. 

• Like 1

Aye, it is indeed a frustrating bug and one we've got in our pipeline to tackle. Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA to share at this moment but it will be fixed.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dosgimp said:

When placing Rope ladders along the side of your boat,  I have tested and confirmed that if you place the ladders while the boat is dry docked "In construction" the ladders snap into odd places, hence leaving the ladders useless when climbing up.    The best known practice that will confirm all your rope ladders work with out being glitched up,   Is to Release your Ship after putting in all your planks.    Now all rope ladder placement will be spot on with no issues.     

The same also applies when trying to build your unloading platform.        Put all your planks in.  Release your ship then finish it off,   Alot of your headaches will be gone. During your construction phase. 

Other headaches still apply.   Shallow water, SoTD's,  etc. etc. 

I've definitely noticed this but I didn't realize what the cause was. I ended up demolishing the broken ladders after I launched and noticed the replacements worked better. Not sure why I didn't connect those dots but thanks for mentioning this. 

On 7/6/2019 at 4:49 PM, Nutcutt3r said:

Guessing its because you dont have all the center planks in?

Right.. when I posted.. I didn't have all my center decks in.  Which is what I thought you meant.. After thinking on it awhile I decided I'd pop the gun decks in, even tho the gally was setup for hauling.  And lo.. I could build on the front of my ship.. I was / am getting this bug on a ship I've been using for several weeks now.  It isn't in drydock being built.

Then I put the anchor down..  and now with it down or up.. I cannot build on the front of my ship again.

I am thinking maybe I'll mess about breaking decks to see if or what it changes.. I know that if you look off to one side, you can sometimes get them to snap.. othertimes raising anchor works, sometimes zoning works.. sometimes having foundations or pillers underneath the ship works..

But one thing is consistent.. the error msg always occurs at some point.  People who say they haven't seen it are very lucky.. and extremely rare.

This bug may or may not be linked to the structure collapsing on land.. we're still seeing that bug as well, mostly on ground placed platforms (ie the ones for trees in ark) or with large area ceilings/foundations. Like large breeding/holding pens that some people are building.. you know the ones.. those massive buildings that drop you to 1fps when you come into render distance..

As for rope ladders.. doesn't seem to matter if they're placed in drydock or afterwards.. I lost a rope ladder recently in a sotd salvo.. and the replacement is as buggy as the original.  I also have issues sometimes climbing rope ladders on masts.. getting flung off them onto the deck.. on the side I get flung off into the sea, where I am then catapulted down deep into the ocean.. thankgod for the swimming buffs.. but, those glitchs are rare fortunately and you can work around them.  Can't work around something not placing at all.  I did originally have a ladder going down the hole in the front.. but when i put the decks in, suddenly I had foundations.

Another issue is placing ladders/steps in specific angles inside the ship.  I've found that if you cannot get the angle you want.. build a set above or below it, then build backwards/forwards off that to get the angle you want where you want it.  Also for ramps, I find placing a ramp in the opposite direction, then allows you to place one in the direction you actually want it to go, then you pick up the wrong one..

But the entire building system.. it just sucks.  It's really horrible to have to contend with, there are games with much worse systems.. few with better.  Fewer still that look good.  Yeh it's ea.. etc.. but ark released to full game.. with this horrible system still in place, with everyone still complaining about it.  Modders made it work for private servers.. they enjoyed building there.  On officials.. they have only just started to add parts of the + mod, this and other aspects should already be in place for atlas.  You're supposed to learn from your mistakes, not ignore them.

Edited by Martyn

They are defo bugged..and really its just a case of finding the best workaround until they are fixed (Sheduled, 3 weeks after hell thaws out).....

For me, I place a wall underneath where I need the ceiling and then it snaps in, then I remove the wall. Ideally within the stingy 30 seconds rule.

I find the bug happens more often then not at the front of the galley. I always do planks first, then decks, then sails. Then I add in all the furniture. I've built lots of boats...and don't get this error enough for me to get too upset....id keep this if they fixed greenscreens in a heartbeat.

Hi,

I know it's an old post (and an old bug too) but I really thought it has been solved since a long time.

I did some Galleons before the "wipe" and by chance never really have this bug.

But since the "wipe", there is no way at all to build correctly this f... boat.

It's like before... in worth. Still no ETA of course (few years regarding how minor bugs are treated, perhaps more, because old bugs starts to come back...)

So I wonder what was the point of the wipe. We had enouth shits before, no ?

The crossplay is also a really good idea for money income i'm sure, but xbox players won't stay more than pc players did if nothing change (and nothing changed).

I just hope it won't finish on "Atlas mobile" soon for same reasons...

Give us ETA for bugs plz.

FWIW, the old workaround I mentioned above still works exactly as described after the wipe.

The sad thing is that they did actually touch the bounding boxes on the Galleon recently which resulted in nullifying some of my old structural optimizations for reasons I cannot fathom, but while they were at it they didn't even bother to fix this longstanding bug.

One step backward, one step back, it seems.

On 7/9/2019 at 11:48 PM, Jat said:

Aye, it is indeed a frustrating bug and one we've got in our pipeline to tackle. Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA to share at this moment but it will be fixed.

Any ETA on this?

On 2/13/2022 at 12:05 AM, George of the jungle said:

Jat isn’t even part of the dev team anymore. Lol

True.
I found the fix tho, was easier then I thought.

11 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

True.

I am actually happy for you. We tend to have to find our own work around. 

having said that, hopefully the new update whenever it happens doesn’t mess that up for you. It might.

On 2/22/2022 at 7:10 AM, George of the jungle said:

I am actually happy for you. We tend to have to find our own work around. 

having said that, hopefully the new update whenever it happens doesn’t mess that up for you. It might.

Yep, this game is like a box of choclats 😉

On 2/21/2022 at 1:05 PM, Cpt.Yarrr said:

True.

Well?  Are you going to share with the rest of the class?