Sign in to follow this  
Kibagichi

A little clarification please.

28 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

I can confirm that the decay timer on unused ship is buggy (which further confuses the communication on the topic).

On july 9 one of our ships in our harbors dissapeared. The log stated "was removed" for that ship and bed.
Nobody had been on the ship itself for only 14 days. The harbour and the other ships are used daily.
There was no wreck (as when the regular decay destroyes a ship).

It's possible that the issue is the timer may only be 14 days rather than the believed 21 days?

@Dollie @Jatheish Could you guys get confirmation on the decay timer for ships? I've seen a few now report their ship disappeared after not boarding them for 14 days instead of 3 weeks.

53 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It's possible that the issue is the timer may only be 14 days rather than the believed 21 days?

@Dollie @Jatheish Could you guys get confirmation on the decay timer for ships? I've seen a few now report their ship disappeared after not boarding them for 14 days instead of 3 weeks.

We lost an anchored galleon yesterday in our habour, it was moved withhin the last week. So there is another bug around. Other people lost their ships on high sea (without losing planks).

• Sad 1

For completeness: it was also the only ship without animals or NPCs on board that was completely ignored for those 14 days.

it's 3 weeks not using a boat, sloops are faster i think or they changed it lately

like i said already in another post:

if you don't use it, you don't need it, think about that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kummba said:

We lost an anchored galleon yesterday in our habour, it was moved withhin the last week. So there is another bug around. Other people lost their ships on high sea (without losing planks).

yes, thats right, we lost 2 gallis and some brigs the same way, used the day before. so the system is far from perfect.

it just despawned, nothing in log.

and lately ships getting sunk by wood railing or stone ceiling.......... at login after 2 days parking on the same spot

and days before a galli was sunk, it was anchored green tho, but this time there was a msg in log and a wreckage... but how to sink it then...

Edited by photek

3 minutes ago, photek said:

yes, thats right, we lost 2 gallis and some brigs the same way, used the day before. so the system is far from perfect.

it just despawned

and lately ships getting sunk by wood railing or stone ceiling.......... at login after 2 days parking on the same spot 

clarify please.

3 minutes ago, Kummba said:

clarify please.

what, galli green anchored and gone next day, we had the same.

Edited by photek

38 minutes ago, Kummba said:

by wood railing or stone ceiling.

this i want to understand

Given all the confusing things happening and the lack of specifics on how this is supposed to happen, is anyone worried about them starting structure decay now?

• Like 1

The ship sinking is clearly a bug, a hard one that is, i guess.

They need to address spam. Lets see how long it take them to get rid of colonies again. Its the only solution for my understanding.

2 hours ago, photek said:

I like to have a spare back-up schooner for my current schooner. I don't actually have a back-up one yet as i'm building a Brig, will probably use my schooner as a back-up in case I lose my brig. There's no need for me to use the back-up unless I lose my main ship. So are you saying in those cases if I don't use the back-up I don't need it? Think about that.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

Given all the confusing things happening and the lack of specifics on how this is supposed to happen, is anyone worried about them starting structure decay now?

They are slowly killing the game off, sad but true.

I remember playing from day 1 and I loved it, the interactions with other companies were there all the time, you barely see anyone these days. I've since given up PvE now though, it's a shame with what they have done to the game.

4 hours ago, photek said:

it's 3 weeks not using a boat, sloops are faster i think or they changed it lately

like i said already in another post:

It was a brigantine ... and I did not need it, nor the other company members that played, just the bloke who happened to be on holiday. And since we did not suspect two weeks to be problematic, we did not take any measures.

this is my point entirely nobody is actually sure about the timer or decay settings.Also if I didn't need it I wouldn't have built it.I don't consider 2 schooners and two sloops too many ships either.

6 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

this is my point entirely nobody is actually sure about the timer or decay settings.Also if I didn't need it I wouldn't have built it.I don't consider 2 schooners and two sloops too many ships either.

Yeah that isn't too many ships. There should definitely be something that can easily be googled to find out decay times.

i believe it is time to give definitive times on Twitter. Not that crap discord but Twitter.