Sign in to follow this  
Telhma

Why would i imprint my sholder annimals

Hello all

I am breeding crows, to hope to get a high level one for the intelligence boost. but i was wondering why i should imprint them, on animals you ride i understand it, they got stronger, and when you use them they get also the imprinting buff. but what about animals like seagulls, crows, chickens, rabbits. is imprinting just a waste of time on them??

Bless blessss, Tella

Well if its a Parrot you level them up in melee so it can help there, and with 4x weekend it cant hurt.

okej, but crows i just can let go? i have been waking up the all the time the last weeks to imprint them, but i am thinking of stopping to do that, it makes me so tired.

5 minutes ago, Telhma said:

okej, but crows i just can let go? i have been waking up the all the time the last weeks to imprint them, but i am thinking of stopping to do that, it makes me so tired.

Yes, the buff is connected to the level, the rest doesnt matter.

1 hour ago, Telhma said:

Hello all

I am breeding crows, to hope to get a high level one for the intelligence boost. but i was wondering why i should imprint them, on animals you ride i understand it, they got stronger, and when you use them they get also the imprinting buff. but what about animals like seagulls, crows, chickens, rabbits. is imprinting just a waste of time on them??

Bless blessss, Tella

I would say it's worthwhile, if the bird uses melee for example to raise it's buff level.. ie if imprinting raises melee.. do it.. you get a better crow.. otherwise.. not so much.

Edited by Martyn

Does it work like that?????, i just tought it was based on level, i have been just leveling food on them all 😞

4 minutes ago, Telhma said:

Does it work like that?????, i just tought it was based on level, i have been just leveling food on them all 😞

Per the wiki, imprinting only affects damage and resistance of imprinted tames, neither of which impacts the buff a crow gives to your intelligence, which according to the same wiki is based on the crow’s level. Wikis are not foolproof but this is the best available information and consistent with what I have heard in the past.

Also Ark imprinting works this way so it’s kind of the default of what you’d expect.

Edited by boomervoncannon

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Per the wiki, imprinting only affects damage and resistance of imprinted tames, neither of which impacts the buff a crow gives to your intelligence, which according to the same wiki is based on the crow’s level. Wikis are not foolproof but this is the best available information and consistent with what I have heard in the past. 

I loved it when you bought a CD disk and had the manual in the box 😛

Thanks for the help

Edited by Telhma

1 minute ago, Telhma said:

I loved it when you bought a CD disk and had the manual in the box 😛

Thanks for the help

Hey don’t get me wrong, I liked it better when people actually knew how to read and had attention spans and understood reason and logic, which, come to think of it, may have been never. Ah, the good old days, which never actually existed but my brain tricks me into thinking we’re real.

At least we did actually get a manual at one point, you’re right about that.

• Haha 1

I can confirm that the crows int buff is purely level based.  We breed some crows and now I am trying to take it everywhere with my bear and slaughtering every animal on the island to level it up.  At 85 now.  Would like to get it to 100 by the end of 4x.  

Raising melee raises intelligence on my crow.. maybe your crow is borked.

That said.. putting 1 pt into melee does indeed raise it's level.. so I dunno. I  read a post somewhere saying put into melee to raise int.  But either way.. I have a rockin crow.. that is both smart and kill stuff quick.

Edited by Martyn

5 minutes ago, Martyn said:

That said.. putting 1 pt into melee does indeed raise it's level.. so I dunno. I  read a post somewhere saying put into melee to raise int.  But either way.. I have a rockin crow.. that is both smart and kill stuff quick.

right but does the crow's intelligence impact the buff it gives to your intelligence? I was under the impression it was the crow's level that matters, but by no means certain.

11 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I have a crow, level 84, put all kills in food. she has 184,3 melee, and 8845 food. i have no clue where i see the intelegence of the crow, but she gives me a boost of 42.3 %

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 10:55 AM, Martyn said:

I can also confirm that it scales with level not stats (for all companions.) Maybe yours is borked. Then again, raising Melee is raising its level xD 

Yeh weird. I read somewhere about adding to it's melee, but I've since checked everywhere I usually research this stuff and not only is there no mention of it specifically to melee there's actually no mention of lv bonus at all.  Except for crows, where it says a lv 1 gives 10.4% int bonus and a lv 130 gives 60%.  There is a conspicous lack of info, almost like someone has gone around erasing it.

There should be tables for this stuff, like torpor damage/taming for ark etc.  For atlas.. there's almost nothing.  Would almost think noone plays the game anymore...

Edited by Martyn