T3RMINA1

CSTG structures immune from cannon fire

so we are currently attacking CTSG and none of there  structures can be damaged by cannon bears, this is so so stupid, how can these large companies attack anyone but when you hit back you can't do any damage?

nope, 4 hours of combat time remaining, we fired 10 cannon balls, not 1 point of damage

There is a legit way to glitch structures that makes them almost impossible to damage, like you have invisible walls in front of them, you have a super narrow angle you have to find in order to do damage. It's very hard, we've dealt with it numerous times when attacking people, wether it is intentional or unintentional, it wastes a lot of ammo when you are hitting behemoth gates or regular walls and doing 0 damage until you hit it from the right angle.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

There is a legit way to glitch structures that makes them almost impossible to damage, like you have invisible walls in front of them, you have a super narrow angle you have to find in order to do damage. It's very hard, we've dealt with it numerous times when attacking people, wether it is intentional or unintentional, it wastes a lot of ammo when you are hitting behemoth gates or regular walls and doing 0 damage until you hit it from the right angle.

This is why this stuff needs to be posted as bug reports.. until people do so, detailing how it is done.. it won't be fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Do you happen to have a video of how this works, or perhaps locations to an area where this is being used in game? 

On 7/5/2019 at 9:46 AM, Jatheish said:

Do you happen to have a video of how this works, or perhaps locations to an area where this is being used in game? 

I apologize for the late response, last place I remember encountering it in a large scale fight was on https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Region_J5#Mulwall_Island, on the east or southeast ruins, the numerous stairs leading up to the ruins at the very top, multiple flights of stairs, 5ish I think? and numerous areas where there are ruin type buildings. I am not sure if it is structures in proximity to the ruins like there are invisible barriers that are part of the models, but we mostly encountered it on the behemoth gates that were placed below and above the stairs and some that were partly inside ruin pills. We also encountered it numerous times on player spammed pillars along the entire pathway up, a good portion would take no damage or splash damage.

Just as an example of the issue, you could hit a behemoth gate all day with cannons from numerous angles of attack, hit the base, middle, top, sides, and do no damage to it or surrounding structures. You visually see the hit, you have ammunition expenditure, structure takes no damage, no damage numbers appear. Fighting out way up to the very top of that mesa through 5 flights of ruin stairs with glitched structures was pure cancer, took 2 solid days of fighting these guys for 8-10 hour stretches, we ended up having to use barrels we glided in behind or partially inside the structures to clear them because cannons would deal no damage.

[EDIT] This has been encountered on small islands where there were no ruins, I am unsure how the process works, only that cannons dont do damage, and barrels seem to be the only way to destroy the structures. Glitching boats into the ground around their bases was also a common tactic they used, they could spawn on the beds and it would push them above ground, but you were unable to destroy their beds.

Edited by Inigo

Yeh I think it can also be caused by triangle shaped ceilings. There were a bunch of cannon/puckle towers on a DnT Island we took, I was clearing them with a cannon bear to allow us to build and had really weird issues. If I hit the Foundations or triangular ceilings nothing happened. Took down the structures from the middle and then I could damage the lower sections. Very pesky and time consuming.