Sign in to follow this  
lordkhan4444

Icebox

im in tundra icebox is outside cause I assume its colder outside, still says to hot to produce ice am I missing something here?

Did you activate it? That mode consumes Ice to cool the surrounding area.

am I suppose to put water in it or something? cause there is no activation button anywhere it just says to hot to produce ice

Nope, it should just automagically produce ice when it's cold enough as long as it's not activated (consuming ice). Ours produces nightly, same setup as you describe, Icebox outside in the tundra.

I've never had a icebox not produce ice.  It does it on its own.  You are either doing something wrong or its bugged.  Make a new one.

From memory the default action while looking at it is 'Press E to activate'.  Activating it makes it perform as an air conditioner, spending ice to cool the surrounding area.   I've got one on roof of hut in M3, has a few stacks of 99 in it.  During the day it says "Too hot to produce".  I stuck a stack of ice in feeding trough and nothing changed so the ice maker might be full now, lost interest.

14 minutes ago, Pete Rottedtoof said:

I stuck a stack of ice in feeding trough and nothing changed so the ice maker might be full now, lost interest.

Pretty sure is has no affect on the trough. Put in in a pres bag, you wont see a change immediately if that bag is already using salt. Just wait or use a fresh bag.

It'll produce ice when temperature drops below 0°C. You can also place icebox deep underwater to produce ice in desert biome.

2 hours ago, Vegetto said:

It'll produce ice when temperature drops below 0°C. You can also place icebox deep underwater to produce ice in desert biome.

It's actually around -2 or -3. When it was introduced it was below 0 then it seemed to change and whenever I see mine at -1 it is still too hot, maybe even at -2.

8 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It's actually around -2 or -3. When it was introduced it was below 0 then it seemed to change and whenever I see mine at -1 it is still too hot, maybe even at -2.

It might have been changed then because we checked that in ptr and ice production started when temp hit -1.

Just now, Vegetto said:

It might have been changed then because we checked that in ptr and ice production started when temp hit -1.

Yep, pretty sure it changed later, although wasn't a documented change.

7 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Produces ~Ice  at -30 thats for sure.

and if the buff to ice production for every degree lower than the min is working, it should produce quite a lot of it. What kind of production are you seeing at that temp?

16 hours ago, Nari said:

Did you activate it? That mode consumes Ice to cool the surrounding area.

dont activate it it just spends the ice. 

1.the icebox will make more Ice if its inside a structure and it will do it faster then if its outside.

2. you dont need to be in the tundra areas, it will produse ice aslong as theres a freezing tempurature phase. im in O9 and i have 9 iceboxes full of ice

6 hours ago, Megalithic said:

dont activate it it just spends the ice. 

Yea, that's what I said xD

just put one under water in tundra now its producing, I guess -3 is not cold enough 😞 under water its like -27