Grongash

Be aware, food silo seems to pay all crews on the island, including settlers and randoms.

3k gold gone in total for a handful of crew in 4 hours. And apparently also out of the flag, even with settings set to "no one". EU PvE.

Edited by Grongash
  • Thanks 1

Yep, noticed this also on on EU PVE. Put 1000 gold in silo to feed 4 crew on an island. Noticed that some germans had parked two brigs and a galleon at my island. Came back next day and gold down to 600. So either my crew are now costing 100g per day or as the OP posted.

Edit: Just checked flag. An island that costs me under 200g upkeep every 24 hours has blown through 1500 in the last day. I was wondering why people were parking their galleons that I had never seen much traffic on before. Guess the word is out and the new way to grief your neighbors is suck up their gold.

Edited by UnknownSystemError

That explains the massive drops in berries and gold in our silo. 

It felt like we were feeding the region.. not the island.

Dear devs,

if you really, opposite to my expectations, fix the silo and work for the players instead of developing new stuff as toys for bored-to-death streamers and mega companies :

Please also let the silo work for bases in the water and defence towers in the harbour. These count as „not on the island“ and NPC there dont take food or gold from the silo.

• Thanks 1

Online has grown, players rearrange the ships to the island to the neighbor;)

1 hour ago, Talono said:

Please also let the silo work for bases in the water and defence towers in the harbour. These count as „not on the island“ and NPC there dont take food or gold from the silo.

Yeh good point.

Edited by Martyn

24 minutes ago, EatEmAlive said:

Please also some sort of building that works this way to feed all tames on the island.

That would be actually useful and a QoL change, so sadly prolly not going to happen 😞

Can we get little beacon things that increase stamina regen speeds.. would be really helpful during normal harvesting times.. ie non 50x weekends.. btw.. normally I pick up 1 rock.. but on a 4x weekend I get 8 rocks.. so isn't it an 8x weekend? I feel like I'm cheating getting all this extra wood etc..

Edited by Martyn

Jat pretty active on the forums the day after a holiday. I might criticize your work output, but I won’t criticize your work ethic. Thanks for the timely responses today.

Does that also apply to lawless? I Dont Care on our homeisland but on lawless would suck

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Can we get little beacon things that increase stamina regen speeds.. would be really helpful during normal harvesting times.. ie non 50x weekends.. btw.. normally I pick up 1 rock.. but on a 4x weekend I get 8 rocks.. so isn't it an 8x weekend? I feel like I'm cheating getting all this extra wood etc..

Normally you pick up 2 rocks not 1. Been like that for months.

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

The shrunken head stew might work for what you want, but I can’t remember if the debuff portion comes only at the end or not. If not it might work against what you’re looking for. Been a hot minute since I used one.

2 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Hmm, will investigate this. Definitely not intended.

We own the island, when we put up a silo it fed all ships anchored. When you remove the gold from the silo (but still have berries in it) it seems to override the settings from the flag (it was set to "no payment"). Now that i removed the Silo again the gold flow to the island stopped. C12, EU PvE

1 hour ago, Wichtelman said:

btw why can you just put berries into silo's and not every food?

Presumably because silo's are only capable of feeding NPC crew which can simply be fed with berries. Therefore there is no requirement to allow any other foods in the silo.

8 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Presumably because silo's are only capable of feeding NPC crew which can simply be fed with berries. Therefore there is no requirement to allow any other foods in the silo.

well there are islands without any berries and mess tables feed npc crew all food... i think that is a pointless limitation for silo's and also for the flag's...

Island-Wide Crew Resource Storehouse. That’s I.W.C.R.S for short.   OR Silo.  For shorter.