Sign in to follow this  
Snubbsy

Army of the Damned Should Be Damaged By Artillery But Damage Halved

The army of the damned that spawn when you do treasures should go back to being damaged by artillery such as swivel cannons. It makes no sense why they shouldn’t be damaged. Swivel cannons were a way for me to effectively solo treasure maps without the need to use more skill points to unlock tames. I think a better solution than making them not get hurt from it(which doesn’t make sense physically), instead their damages is halved for the Damned. This would allow people who like me to solo treasure hunt. This is my favorite thing to do in the game and is the source of most of my fun and it is ruined for me. If people think it is too op or something then keep it how it is in pvp but make them do half damage in over.

It's not the damage, the nerf was because people were luring AotD on golden age ruins islands to the coast and leveling up ships by killing them with ship mounted weapons.

But rather than nerf the XP gained from mounted weapons against AotD, they made AotD immune to a whole host of weapons.

• Like 2

they should instead make it like you said where they nerf the xp gained by ships and allow for them to be damaged again

You can still solo almost any map with a set of plate and 2h mace, not trying to say it's the only way you should be able to do it, but I can kill ruins server packs with that setup. 

I will say it's a little more fun doing the maps melee style, than just boom swivel killed everything in one shot, even half the dmg would be a bit much, make it about 20% of original dmg so that you MIGHT have to fight the boss skelly with the bear.

this is totally *******, we just spent the better part of 4 hours trying to clear a level 20 map, it cost us 1 elephant, 3 bears, 2 wolves, 4 people in plate with the 2 hander, and a lanky boy that I got stuck in a sign.

Even with circling the spawn with signs to block them in and control them, even with clearing the pack a number of times, we just kep getting the bullshit message about there being x number left, or worse, I would go in to dig and the whole pack would just spawn in my face .

Not being able to grenade, puckle, greap shot, or even shoot with a carbine this is simply stupid design, even with dodge to avoid the power swing, there are just too many of them you dodge one to get slapped by the other, and if you kite them out and takle them in more doable numbers you take to long and it respawns in your face.

This needs addressed as soon as possible, cannons , grenades, balistas, all of these things should work its stupid they don't, if some players or groups of players are abusing it some where else to super level ships then block that action don't hurt the rest of us because of them.

Edited by Taiphoz
  • Like 2