TyGeR_STD

Treasure Map

Since one of the last few patches I’m having the issue that when I pick up a treasure map (Message in a bottle) it does not show up in my inventory.  It seems to happen mostly with higher level maps.  Its happen about 4 times in the last hour.  Anyone else noticing this?

Its a bug that happend sometimes, I noticed that if you get closer to the bottle and dont move, there is a higher chance to get the map. I loss maps that are 8 quality or higher when I recollect quickly while moving. This dont happens with the common quality. This happend only with a Sprite different that the common bottle map.

Edited by Emanuel a

That, and there also seems to be much, much fewer high quality maps around.

I haven't seen a purple map in weeks.

Yes, its a bug. But the bug is, every bottle has a decay timer. If this timer is at zero, the bottle despawns. But that doenst work.

So if u pick up a bottle and dont get a map, than u picked up an already decayed bottle.

4 hours ago, Introser said:

Yes, its a bug. But the bug is, every bottle has a decay timer. If this timer is at zero, the bottle despawns. But that doenst work.

So if u pick up a bottle and dont get a map, than u picked up an already decayed bottle.

I have found this to be false, I have had this happen on bottles after multiple consecutive island clears, meaning they were freshly spawned in less then 5-10min sometimes even less.

Edited by functionmaster

15 minutes ago, functionmaster said:

I have found this to be false, I have had this happen on bottles after multiple consecutive island clears, meaning they were freshly spawned in less then 5-10min sometimes even less.

They despawn too if there are too much other bottles in the area

6 hours ago, Introser said:

Not to say that this isnt an issue, but I do not think this is the issue I was having.  atleast two occurrences of 5his for me yesterday were fresh spawn bottles.

8 hours ago, Introser said:

They despawn too if there are too much other bottles in the area

I don't think that's the case. I had seen maps dissapear in low maps areas or literally in areas where there are maps very far from each other. I state this bug is only for bottle maps that are not common. If the Sprite is the regular bottle. This bug rarely happen, but if they Sprite is the other one there is a high chance. I farm like 200 maps every week and throw half. People told me that is because you have the same map already, but that's false. I had farmed literally 5 maps in the same spot of the island with no issues. Quality 8 or higher the Sprite of the map is different and is when the bug happens.

Edited by Emanuel a

Purely conjecture: I think there is some kind of validation check when you pick up a map to make sure the location originally generated is still valid (due to new player structures, etc). You can pick up a map and look at it within a second.

All that information must be pre-generated, or if it isn't it doesn't have enough time to generate and validate a second destination against the destination server.

16 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

Purely conjecture: I think there is some kind of validation check when you pick up a map to make sure the location originally generated is still valid (due to new player structures, etc). You can pick up a map and look at it within a second.

All that information must be pre-generated, or if it isn't it doesn't have enough time to generate and validate a second destination against the destination server.

It could be, if the information is not relayed the map dissapear, the far the map is difficult for server to generate it. But I dont think the game check if there are no structures in the map, I often receive maps with respawns over foundations, there's a thread of a guy who lost all his tames to a mastercraft map spawning in his PEN.