NoReason

What is wrong with the game.

17 hours ago, Martyn said:

I play Atlas for on avg 12-14 hours a day.. 4-6 days a week.

Far as I'm concerned.. if you don't have the time to play.. that's your fault.. not mine.  Why should my gameplay be affected because you can't organise your life?

I play for quite a few hours a day also but people do have to work also so can understand their point of view. Without getting into personal circumstances I have probably more time to play than others also but other commitments may stop people from doing this.

I think the devs look at mostly all thread and comments on here, I see Jat engaged quite abit with it so I think they will know about how people view things with the game.

Vitamin depletion rate definitely needs to be decreased greatly, more in tune with real life where you won't start dying from vitamin depletion until many months....

As far as exploration there are a few things that currently hinder it or make it less exciting.  One is way too much player building spam with high walls everywhere.  Another is the fact of many copy pasted islands that are exactly the same. 

One solution I propose that would encourage more exploration and generally more movement is there needs to be dynamic respawning and relocation of resources.  Maybe after a few weeks resources would be depleted on one island and thus spawn somewhere else and players would have to go look for and find it again.  This could maybe be limited to rare resources but would definitely encourage more exploration.

Another solution, one  I assume we won't see, procedurally generated islands would be the ultimate thing in a sailing exploration game like this, ideally wouldn't even have a grid limit.  But obviously the way the servers are structured right now its not possible.

Edited by Bezdolnik

So what they need to change is EVERYTHING this game is different from others? Vitamins, I thought nobody thought of it as a problem. Cold in snow area’s? What’d you expect. No water in tropical? What’d you expect. Taming and breedig HAS BEEN MADE boring because the one thing they didn’t want with this game is making it about the animals. Solo play is possible, and making an pirate game of this size and you find it weird that you need to sail to a place to get something? You keep saying solo play is not possible but I’m already beating the odds by playing solo ever since the wipe, not because I like it but to shut people like you up. I can’t really see what you want changed with the waves, you want them to have a little dance or what? What is this crap you’re talking about. MIST excists at see, maybe a big shock but it’s really a thing! You know gamma is here to help if you don’t like the dark, so it is own choice. I rarely use it so I don’t have that problem. 

What game are you playing?

Edited by Percieval

Temperate Seas need more storms.. Tundra is all fog/cold fronts/sotd Artic is sotd/fog/sperm whales, Equatorial is all heat waves, storms, cyclones, fog, cyclones, cyclones..

Temperate seems to be calm sea.. no wind.  Last 3 hours sailing sound N4-N6 so slow.. 6 knots.. calm wind, some fog, no sotd.. every night it's 3.5 knots for me, gally + 4 racks.. fun dodging sotd.. but hard to stay awake otherwise.  I actually tried the fishing net and it told me I was going too slow!!

12 hours sailing so far.. N8 to N2 to A1 and back to N8.. slow going.. although from N2 to A1 I got 14knots.. wish I got that all the time but it wouldn't realistic.. but neither is this 3-5knots all the time either.

That said.. 7.8 knots.. wowee.. I'm flying along now.. 😞 Trying to catch flotsam from top of my handling sail just to stay awake.

Edited by Martyn

9 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Temperate Seas need more storms.. Tundra is all fog/cold fronts/sotd Artic is sotd/fog/sperm whales, Equatorial is all heat waves, storms, cyclones, fog, cyclones, cyclones..

Temperate seems to be calm sea.. no wind.  Last 3 hours sailing sound N4-N6 so slow.. 6 knots.. calm wind, some fog, no sotd.. every night it's 3.5 knots for me, gally + 4 racks.. fun dodging sotd.. but hard to stay awake otherwise.  I actually tried the fishing net and it told me I was going too slow!!

12 hours sailing so far.. N8 to N2 to A1 and back to N8.. slow going.. although from N2 to A1 I got 14knots.. wish I got that all the time but it wouldn't realistic.. but neither is this 3-5knots all the time either.

That said.. 7.8 knots.. wowee.. I'm flying along now.. 😞 Trying to catch flotsam from top of my handling sail just to stay awake.

What is this a self-shame? I have no words!

Just my way of saying nothing wrong with game, problem lies with us.

51 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Just my way of saying nothing wrong with game, problem lies with us.

Then we are on the same page. Happy cruising.

It's funny.. I got into N7.. Cyclone Storm.. cut into O7 another cyclone storm.. then into N8.. another cyclone storm. almost pushed me onto island.

Was rapidly wishing for flat calm seas again.

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

Temperate doesn't need more storms. Why does every area need tons of storms, cold fronts, heatwaves? Just because tundra gets, shock horror..... cold fronts, and tropical/equatorial gets, shock horror.... heatwaves, why does Temperate need more storms?

If you live in tundra or tropical/equatorial then that means you chose to live in environments prone to those. Who says temperatue should be prone to more storms?

Sounds to me like you feel because you suffer storms and cold fronts more that others in calmer areas should suffer more.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 11:06 PM, Forb Hidden said:

I read your text and just want to ask you: are you too lazy to play a game of this size? 

survival means: do something. U can easy cook some food and skill in vitamin deploying. I have never problems with the vits. 

Too hot or too cold? Craft gear, skill in fortitude. We get islands in the desert and in the deepest polar regions. Never get problems with the weather. Skill the temperature-penalty of armours helps too.

No water?! Place a barrel in areas with rain or a stone reservoir in desert sectors. U will have way too much water for crops, cooking and refill your bottles. Or dig with a shovel and refill your bottles.

Building a ship takes too long? Definitely not!! I can easy farm and build up a brig while 1x is active in 3 hours, solo... Too easy...

I think you're just a spoiled dude who never had to work hard. You can easily manage that game.

I hate this response. If someone doesn't like the game, he is spoiled. 

It just comes down to the fact that the OP doesn't find the game enjoyable. All these mechanics you see as a challenge, he finds either annoying or getting in the way of doing things in the game that are actually fun.

You know a game should be fun, right?

People should quit playing games because they have potential and instead only play games that already achieved it.

You either sit here and make posts about everything that would fix the game (in your opinion)

Or

People sit here and defend a game that continues to lose population at a steady pace.

I used to defend the game, make the wish lists posts, pipe in about what the game needs...

We aren't the developers. We aren't content creators.

We don't read books with chapters missing and tell the author what they should write.

We don't watch tv series with characters missing and tell them to redo episodes.

Why do we accept this from the video game industry?

Put the game down and enjoy your time in other games until this game is finished, if it ever is. The separation seems hard but you'll be happier after you do it.

I'm getting a bit tired of hypocrites on this forum that suggest to everyone that if you don't like one or two aspects of the game then you should quit,and most of the hypocrites have complained about some game mechanic on this forum in the past.A marriage wouldn't last long if you quit over a couple of issues,you wouldn't stay long in a job either.Who are you to tell other people to quit?If you don't like what people criticize on these forums then why don't you leave the forum?I mean reading this is eating into your valuable game time right?It's starting to look like some of the fanboys on here spend more time on the forums than actually playing.I personally love playing the game,do I agree with every aspect of it?no,do I ask on these forums if things could be added or changed?yes.Have I quit?NO. 

• Like 1

Atlas steam charts: started with 50k players, current: a mere 7k

Ark steam charts: started with 80k players years ago, current: 83k

that says it all about how many things are wrong with atlas

3 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

I'm getting a bit tired of hypocrites on this forum that suggest to everyone that if you don't like one or two aspects of the game then you should quit,and most of the hypocrites have complained about some game mechanic on this forum in the past.A marriage wouldn't last long if you quit over a couple of issues,you wouldn't stay long in a job either.Who are you to tell other people to quit?If you don't like what people criticize on these forums then why don't you leave the forum?I mean reading this is eating into your valuable game time right?It's starting to look like some of the fanboys on here spend more time on the forums than actually playing.I personally love playing the game,do I agree with every aspect of it?no,do I ask on these forums if things could be added or changed?yes.Have I quit?NO. 

Hypocrite probably wasn't the word you're looking for.

Reading the forums, updates, news, etc is exactly what I'm suggesting instead of playing a game you don't enjoy the current state of. There is nothing wrong with monitoring progress of a game.

But for anyone on the fence about if they're actually enjoying the game or anyone always hoping the next patch fixes x,y,z, I highly suggest putting this game on the back burner and spending your game time playing soon something you find enjoyable with all features. Stop trying out early access games and playing them like it's the full game.

Sure testing a patch is fine, but seriously, play something else as your main game.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Pallist said:

Reading the forums, updates, news, etc is exactly what I'm suggesting instead of playing a game you don't enjoy the current state of. There is nothing wrong with monitoring progress of a game.

But for anyone on the fence about if they're actually enjoying the game or anyone always hoping the next patch fixes x,y,z, I highly suggest putting this game on the back burner and spending your game time playing soon something you find enjoyable with all features. Stop trying out early access games and playing them like it's the full game.

Sure testing a patch is fine, but seriously, play something else as your main game.

This.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:36 AM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Temperate doesn't need more storms. Why does every area need tons of storms, cold fronts, heatwaves? Just because tundra gets, shock horror..... cold fronts, and tropical/equatorial gets, shock horror.... heatwaves, why does Temperate need more storms?

If you live in tundra or tropical/equatorial then that means you chose to live in environments prone to those. Who says temperatue should be prone to more storms?

Sounds to me like you feel because you suffer storms and cold fronts more that others in calmer areas should suffer more.

Also there are trade offs to living in the harsher environments. Pre wipe I lived in o2 and discovered one of the benefits of living there was that 4 of 6 metals were within a zone or two's reach tops. Given that higher tier gear requires a wider spread of mats and given that the weight of metal and it's widespread need in crafting (crystal is also heavy but needed for comparitively few recipes) makes moving it around in qty a logistical problem, having that many different kinds of metals within easy reach is a non insignificant benefit.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RolandRitter said:

Atlas steam charts: started with 50k players, current: a mere 7k

Ark steam charts: started with 80k players years ago, current: 83k

that says it all about how many things are wrong with atlas

So we comparing apples and oranges are we?

First of all it is 2 different games. As you said Ark years ago vs how long again on Atlas? Atlas is still in its early development stages. As it was said give it time and see what happens with it. Ark has also had its ups and downs as well. Either way 2 different games here if you want Ark go play Ark. This game shouldn't be exactly like Ark. I will say sure it still needs some work done to it but that is part of EA games.

• Like 1

yeh the problem is people are moaning about the lack of players for an mmo,then they recommend that more people leave!Do people on here even read there own posts?Sometimes people moan to let off steam,you know like in a job or relationship,we don't just all get up and quit.You think that telling people the games not for them cos they don't like the vits bar is helping the game?there is single player now where they can adjust settings if they want to,it's damn good too.and people who are being griefed in pvp can try pve.There's many more good things about this game than bad,just stick with it.Ride the wave.

• Like 2

The problem is pretty much everything the devs have been working on.  Subs, torpedos, nonsense tames, limiting ship layouts, limiting attack options on aod, ect.  When people see the games direction it is hard to convince them to tough it out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pallist said:

Pretty much what I've been doing. I stopped playing after putting 500 hours into the game, tried a few other games, found one I really like and hope to stick with for a few more months. I check back here once in awhile, I tried out the single player beta recently. I'm still not happy with the current state of the game, so I'll check back again later.

23 hours ago, crazywildfire said:

So we comparing apples and oranges are we?

First of all it is 2 different games. As you said Ark years ago vs how long again on Atlas? Atlas is still in its early development stages. As it was said give it time and see what happens with it. Ark has also had its ups and downs as well. Either way 2 different games here if you want Ark go play Ark. This game shouldn't be exactly like Ark. I will say sure it still needs some work done to it but that is part of EA games.

I lasted 10 hours  in atlas when it was released, it was to fundamentally flawed. I will play it again when the player count hits 50k. If this doesnt happen ill never touch it again.

17 hours ago, RolandRitter said:

I lasted 10 hours  in atlas when it was released, it was to fundamentally flawed. I will play it again when the player count hits 50k. If this doesnt happen ill never touch it again.

Oh so funny... There are maybe 10 games on steam, who hit the 50k mark. But around hundreds of beautiful masterpieces, who just hit 2...10k players. 

Atlas is a great and huge game. Once the bugs are fixed and the performance get improved... 

Don't mind on the steamcharts or on things, u can't change anyways. Let the devs do theyr job and be more thankful for such a beautiful game ❤

On 7/6/2019 at 9:13 AM, Percieval said:

So what they need to change is EVERYTHING this game is different from others? Vitamins, I thought nobody thought of it as a problem. Cold in snow area’s? What’d you expect. No water in tropical? What’d you expect. Taming and breedig HAS BEEN MADE boring because the one thing they didn’t want with this game is making it about the animals. Solo play is possible, and making an pirate game of this size and you find it weird that you need to sail to a place to get something? You keep saying solo play is not possible but I’m already beating the odds by playing solo ever since the wipe, not because I like it but to shut people like you up. I can’t really see what you want changed with the waves, you want them to have a little dance or what? What is this crap you’re talking about. MIST excists at see, maybe a big shock but it’s really a thing! You know gamma is here to help if you don’t like the dark, so it is own choice. I rarely use it so I don’t have that problem. 

What game are you playing?

You know what is also a thing in the real world: Perma death!

Any idea of why that is not included in this game? Or hardly any game ever?

I'll just answer this right here for you, so you don't hurt yourself:

Things like that are not included in any game because they are not fun!

Fog at sea is also not fun, but some nutjob thought it'd be a brilliant idea to bring that shit here.

Same with mandatory tames, offline raiding and inevitable death from heat/cold/vitamins.

This is a game!

It HAS to be fun to play. EVERYTHING(!!!!!!!!!!!) else has to succumb to this very fact.

It CAN be realistic, if that realism does not hurt the fun and playability.

Overall i'd give this game a game-design score of 2/10.

Edited by user1

2 hours ago, user1 said:

You know what is also a thing in the real world: Perma death!

Any idea of why that is not included in this game? Or hardly any game ever?

I'll just answer this right here for you, so you don't hurt yourself:

Things like that are not included in any game because they are not fun!

Fog at sea is also not fun, but some nutjob thought it'd be a brillaint idea to bring that shit here.

Same with mandatory tames, offline raiding and inevitable death from heat/cold/vitamins.

This is a game!

It HAS to be fun to play. EVERYTHING(!!!!!!!!!!!) else has to succumb to this very fact.

It CAN be realistic, if that realism does not hurt the fun and playability.

Overall i'd give this game a game-design score of 2/10.

I disagree.

A game like super Mario should make fun. Atlas is another type of game with several mechanics that should you keep gaming. It's made to keep you playing like WoW, EvE and many more games too. 

Or take a game like the total war series. One person is totally fu*ked up with and another can't wait to buy the new title.

Several games, gamestiles and companys behind them. One should just make fun, others should just make money and some are just so difficult to play, that u stick on to achieve them.

Unfortunately for the development of a game is, that every person is different in thinking and every one get other passion in a game.

It's impossible to make a game for everyone.

Edit: except maybe mariokart 😂

Edited by Forb Hidden

I would enjoy solo playing if only I could see the water. cant seem to see treasure beacons either. I like the challenge of this game and others. if it was to easy I quit playing. Its hard and time consuming cause its a SURVIVAL GAME.

• Like 2