Sign in to follow this  
NoReason

Summary of my gameplay.

This is mostly Google Translate essay:

Dear ATLAS developers and players,

I care about this game because the basics and the climate you have created is incomparable to any other production.
However, I must express my opinion on why this game will not be a success on the gaming market. Or rather it will slowly die.

The game has classified itself to the genre of survival / sandbox / exploration / PvP - this is the basic assumption.
Based on these basic assumptions of the game, you can put the most important game downs.

Survival:
- Vitamins are only a hindrance and annoy the players - they need a modification. Sometimes the player simply decides to die than spend extra minutes picking up supplies.
  There was no such thing in ARK. We got a food recipe for it, which we could create according to our preferences. There is no such thing here.
- Drinking water is also an annoying difficulty. In hot climates there are not enough places to dig this water. There is no rain if we would like to collect this water.
  In the ark we could create an irrigation system without any problems (and it was a pleasure in itself)
- In cold climates, the hunger rate drops even more and it is even harder to keep vitamins at a decent level.
- Putting armor of different types carries too many penalties and leaves no free choice. We can wear heavy armor (the best in the game) only in moderate climates.
- You should be more focused on the fantasy atmosphere. Wolves, lions and snakes are not too demanding opponents. The game in real climates is not very interesting.
  Why not add creatures from fantasy to the world of ATLAS? Something that created an actual threat, and perhaps a challenge for the player?
- Taming and breeding is as annoying as boring. This is certainly not as much fun as in ARK. Seriously think about the whole revorkiem.
- You created the game in the assumption of exploration and hence these annoying factors. Here we have to sail a boat, sometimes over an hour, for example, want to tame an animal that is not in the mood of our island
  Or, for example, if we would like to do an item from the blueprint we found, we need to visit even three different climates!
- Solo play is not possible.

sandbox:
- There are no structures with an angle of 45 degrees
- We waste a lot of time on the ship's float. It's nice, but after a while it makes us realize that this game is dead.
- This is just my suggestion, but I think that there is too little land and too much ocean. Solid continents would be useful instead of islands.
- There are few cons or many, but it is not important. The basics of the game are very good for this genre and it's not something extra to come up with.

Exploration:
- The game forces us to explore. Nothing else needs to be added in this sentence. The assumption is wrong at the very basics. Change your thinking to reward exploration
- Exploration is boring. There is nothing to discover. There are no surprises, repetitive content.

PvP:
- PvP is very interesting. Fuck, he's awesome. Only that it does not bring any benefits beyond pleasure. The balance of benefits and effort is lacking.
- To create an interesting situation for PvP, too much effort is required. We need a ship with cannons, weapons, 2-3 players. not just any ship, at least Schooner.
  It's not that the ship's farm is tiring, but building the ship itself takes too much time.
- To assemble equipment for a good PvP, we need a few players where everyone specializes in something else.
  For PvP, we need a firearm, a ship, cannons, a grappling hook, maybe some animal with a trailer. For this we need at least 5 players in the game at the same time. Specializing in other fields

Graphics:
- We hear the sound of the night / day and suddenly the light goes out / lights up. It's unnatural.
- Shadows move unnaturally with the camera.
- Waves on the sea, if they are interesting, after some time they are boring. Storms are boring and undemanding. Rework!
- Why is this mist at sea?
- Gamma is totally unmatched. In winter climates, snow winks. The / gamma X command does not help at all. You must use this command non-stop to be able to play.
  I feel sorry for players who do not know this command.
- Ships "ship of the damned" look like big motor boats, not like ships of the undead.

Bugia:
- Under the influence of waves at sea, the player is often under the last deck of the ship and it is impossible to get out without destroying the ship's side.
- The guardians of the chest are hiding under the ground, despite being in a fight with the player.

I added a point that solo play is impossible. I play 5 players in the team. It's impossible to believe it or not - it kills the game more than any of the minuses I mentioned.
I have even more suggestions that I think 100% of the players think is right, but I have mentioned the most important ones that should be resolved by ASAP.